• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why is cocaine laced with fentanyl?

mamajama

Greenlighter
I am so totally new to this forum so I apologise if this question should be elsewhere. I was chatting with a friend regarding recent ODs in Vancouver. The people were using coke and OD'd on fentanyl. This question came up. We are just wondering why street cocaine would be laced with fentanyl when the two seem to have opposing effects? Our theory is that it provides a rush and is a cheap way to cut the coke. But not sure. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks :)

There are an exorbitant amount of fentanyl and fentanyl analogs used in heroin lately so no doubt the availability is crossing over into other cuts. In itself fentanyl is easy to OD on and that would be a wicked speedball.

Yeah it makes sense that the sheer volume of the stuff would increase likelihood that it would cross over. I'm still not clear on the reasoning behind why suppliers/dealers would lace coke with it specifically though.

I agree with your theory-it's cheap. It's readily available. Not every dealer cares about their clientele and who lives or dies.

It could also be a way for unscrupulous dealers to get people hopelessly addicted to their product so that they can sell more..

maybe it was a botched batch seems weird for dealers to kill their source of money their so many explsnation for example a rival gang could have done it to sabotage their buiseness etc etc

^ an interesting new way to define that term.

I always thought it made no sense for dealers to kill their customers. None whatsoever.
This whole situation (fent-dope or fent-coke) is so obscenely odious that i'd really like to think it was a terrible mistake.

But who knows?
It's really, really scary.

I had a teacher in high school - a real leftist radical who taught history - who once said to the class "don't buy powder drugs off people you don't know".
Back in those days the fear was more that it would be cut with draino or something, and while it's not a completely risk-free approach, i feel it is good advice.
If i lived in North America, or wherever else these fent analogues are appearing as adulterants, i would be extremely wary about acquiring and using street drugs (be they powders or pills).
Dark days :(

Lawd, something as compulsive and reinforcing as coke, mixed with something as deadly as Fent? Whomever is doing this is doing the devil's work. That is just evil and wretched.

Some dealer may have decided to cut coke with a coke analogue, and they're out there, and ended up with fent or a fent analogue instead. It's certainly been known to happen, when someone is playing with RC's.

Because a bunch of people OD'd in the same place around the same time:

vice article i linked to above said:
Nine people overdosed and one person went into full cardiac arrest late last night after doing a few lines of what they thought was coke in a suburb south of Vancouver. Police say they believe the drugs were laced with fentanyl, raising alarms that more party drugs in the area could be tainted.

Thankfully nobody died, but the ODs, which happened in the span of 20 minutes at four separate homes, are a horrible reminder that the super-potent opioid fentanyl is not only showing up in street drugs like heroin. It also highlights how difficult it is for casual drug users to know exactly what they're putting into their bodies.

Emergency crews arrived within minutes, and used the opiate-blocking antidote naloxone in eight of the nine cases. Sergeant Sarah Swallow of the Delta Police told VICE all of the patients who were treated knew each other, were friends, and likely got their stash from the same batch and dealer. Police are now testing the drugs in an attempt to determine the source.

112c2111121Looks like a dealer didn't know what he/she was doing.12

Last edited by a moderator:
just when you though coke could not get any shittier. i would rather just buy pure levimisole to snort nowdays anyways if i want to do coke...at least there won't be fent and aspirin in it