• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why I Quit Smoking Weed

trancetasy

Bluelighter
I started smoking 12 years ago, I've gone through several stages of a stoner. from once a week to everyday to multiple times a day to even one bowl every 2 hours.

Why I Quit Smoking Weed:
- Paranoia
- Anxiety
- Memory Loss
- Motivation

Four major problems I've dealt with, I'm sure a hit of weed fixes these problems temporary but I can not go back on weed anymore.
Now I've been sober for few months, I never have paranoia or memory loss problem at all. Anxiety is part of my personality but I've been working on it without any drugs.
Some people said weed gives you ideas and motivation but I remember the days of rather smoke all day than being productive.

For those who quit smoking weed or in the process of quitting, share your stories. For those who still blazes, I hope you will come out of the cloud soon.

I did the same thing for the same reasons. It got to the point where almost everytime I got high I'd spend the next couple hours anxious as fuck wondering why I kept doing this to myself. I couldn't believe how hard a time I had quitting at first too, but I kept trying and when I finally made it like 10 days I was ok. Crazy crazy dreams at first though and it was strange having to "go to sleep now" instead of just passing out.

I did the same thing for the same reasons. It got to the point where almost everytime I got high I'd spend the next couple hours anxious as fuck wondering why I kept doing this to myself. I couldn't believe how hard a time I had quitting at first too, but I kept trying and when I finally made it like 10 days I was ok. Crazy crazy dreams at first though and it was strange having to "go to sleep now" instead of just passing out.

yeah i was anxious for the next hit because I wasn't high anymore. For me quitting cold turkey wasn't a problem due to my full time job, I am usually tired from work so I don't need to smoke. Yeah I remember my first week, multiple crazy dreams one after another. Before I'd usually smoke myself retarded enough to pass out but sometimes with sativa strain I am usually head stoned and hard to sleep.

For those who still blazes, I hope you will come out of the cloud soon.

I'm medical.

I can't take NSAID painkillers because of the anihypertensive medication I'm on. Unprompted, a doctor suggested Marijuana.

If I don't use Marijuana, my hands curl up because of arthritis
I go on short term disability
I go on long term disability
I go on unemployment insurance
I go on welfare

On the worst of days (when it's -30 outside), I'll smoke once an hour (about 100 mg at a time).

You win some, you lose some. For me, there is no cloud; indeed I am satisfied to maintain.

Tom

I quit because I figured I'd smoked enough from the ages of 15-22 on and off, I didn't want to keep smoking or using it since I was turning 30 within a few years and wanted to get back into doing very intense cardio-vascular exercise. I had eaten it before but the high was way too intense, and I had tried a vape and that was cool and I loved how the high was psychedelic but it lasts a long time, and you're still inhaling vapor. Plus at the time I had basically stopped using all other drugs besides alcohol, cannabis, and at very rare times mushrooms.

Just goes to show how widely your experience can vary, person to person. I have minor memory issues, but weed actually helps me with motivation and needless to say, anxiety. I do occasionally get paranoid, but I didn't notice it getting worse after I started smoking, unless I'm ridiculously high, and then it goes away directly after. Smoking weed shouldn't be viewed as a negative thing just because some people have issues with it, though.

I quit because I figured I'd smoked enough from the ages of 15-22 on and off, I didn't want to keep smoking or using it since I was turning 30 within a few years and wanted to get back into doing very intense cardio-vascular exercise. I had eaten it before but the high was way too intense, and I had tried a vape and that was cool and I loved how the high was psychedelic but it lasts a long time, and you're still inhaling vapor. Plus at the time I had basically stopped using all other drugs besides alcohol, cannabis, and at very rare times mushrooms.

Weed doesn't disrupt cardiovascular exercise to my knowledge, in fact having a bowl or two before I go on a run is a tradition for me. Vapor does little to no damage to your health.

Just goes to show how widely your experience can vary, person to person. I have minor memory issues, but weed actually helps me with motivation and needless to say, anxiety. I do occasionally get paranoid, but I didn't notice it getting worse after I started smoking, unless I'm ridiculously high, and then it goes away directly after. Smoking weed shouldn't be viewed as a negative thing just because some people have issues with it, though.

Weed doesn't disrupt cardiovascular exercise to my knowledge, in fact having a bowl or two before I go on a run is a tradition for me. Vapor does little to no damage to your health.

No weed does not disrupt cardio exercise, as when I was at my height of smoking daily for a few weeks in the summer I would wake up, have breakfast, and go to a gym and do cardio exercises for an hour, and then go back and smoke some herb, and take a shower, and keep smoking all afternoon and evening.

But I figured that it's best not to keep inhaling smoke, or vapor for decades.

I was a daily smoker and I quit for 6 months now so I could get my life together I was headed down a no life stoner road but I'm proud to say I'm going to college and I'm going to graduate hs next month, so I figured I'd have a little smoke.

I found that I really didn't enjoy it as much as I used to, it made me feel dumb like I couldn't accomplish anything right and all the old thoughts like "what if my mom catches me high" or "what if I get a random drug test for work" and all those kind of paranoid thoughts rushed into my head.

I was addicted and weed did control my life, maybe that's why I can't enjoy it anymore. I felt as if I needed weed to make it through my day. Maybe it's time for me to put weed down for good, my life has changed so much since I put it down. However, I am not completely turned off to weed and I do think I'll try it again just to see how I'm feeling to be honest. Maybe it's just my tolerance, maybe it's time for me to move on. They say all good things must come to an end, right?
-Chris

It's been 6 months since I took one toke. and before that, it's been two year since daily use.

The truth is, if you have an addictive personality, weed will own you. If you don't you won't do it daily.

You will never know who you really are until you stop any daily drug addiction.

It's been 6 months since I took one toke. and before that, it's been two year since daily use.

The truth is, if you have an addictive personality, weed will own you. If you don't you won't do it daily.

You will never know who you really are until you stop any daily drug addiction.

Weed owned me, I can dabble with anything else but weed fucking owns me.I'm kind of glad it did in a way because it keeps me from doing anything else daily or I know the hell that im in for.

I can see smoking weed, but vapor really doesn't contain all of the nasty stuff in smoke. Why would vaping weed be unhealthy?

I used to be a member of a site about vaporizers and people there who designed them said how vapor still contains tar, and isn't the healthiest thing to be inhaling.

Weed owned me, I can dabble with anything else but weed fucking owns me.I'm kind of glad it did in a way because it keeps me from doing anything else daily or I know the hell that im in for.

That's the reason I don't do it anymore, besides drug tests...I was on it everyday from 16 to 21....Fucking five years of copping a dime bag, a quarter ounce to last a week, a half ounce to blaze for free...

No weed does not disrupt cardio exercise, as when I was at my height of smoking daily for a few weeks in the summer I would wake up, have breakfast, and go to a gym and do cardio exercises for an hour, and then go back and smoke some herb, and take a shower, and keep smoking all afternoon and evening.

But I figured that it's best not to keep inhaling smoke, or vapor for decades.

Weed DEFINITELY can disrupt cardio if you have asthma, even if it's mild like mine.

I always notice that when I smoke I have worse cardio and also need to use my inhaler WAY more often.

Even when I vape I have somewhat worse cardio and need my inhaler more than when I don't.

Eating it on the other hand wouldn't and even even heard rumors that eating weed is good for asthma but I don't know if it is true.

But there's no question it's bad or asthma.

I'm not even sure that it's not bad for your lungs if you DON'T have asthma.

There's no way that burning plant material can be GOOD for you lungs, but I only know how it effects asthma for sure.

I can see smoking weed, but vapor really doesn't contain all of the nasty stuff in smoke. Why would vaping weed be unhealthy?

It's not necessary unhealthy, but as I said before, for someone with asthma even vaping effects one's lungs.

I thought it wouldn't, but unfortunately I do still get asthma from vaping, just not as bad as smoking.

I think it may have to do with the vapor just being so hot and if I knew a good way to cool it down and I'd be happy.

I've heard of people somehow running their vapes through cold water but I tried and couldn't figure it out.

Anyone know how to do this?

it's funny that people experienced with drugs know more about the dark side of weed, than all the lefties mindlessly preaching for its use, and all these new celebrities saying how thye use tons of it daily and its fine.

especially with the strong types of weed, its very very addictive. gives a huge euphoria; numbs worries and normal feelings. when i was a teen i would sell things all the time for weed; two different bass guitars, and all 3 of my video game systems [good riddance to the latter tho lol]. when i finally decided to quit, i ended up hating sobriety so much i just said "fuck it" and went all out, doing tons of downer pills until i ended up shooting dilaudid all the time.

so yeh, people who hate reality and have addictive personalities... obviously weed will fuck us up. i figure as it becomes less taboo, society at large will become more aware of this. even tho i think people defending daily use as "medicinal" [when usually, lets face, its not] are in denial, i also do think there should be less stigma about drugs in general. in canada the last 10 years have seen a TOTAL erosion of pretty much all stigma around weed- - and apparently rates of pot use among teens is going down, year by year... :D

<lol. i smell it right now! i smell it in my building/city CONSTANTLY. canada is one massive pothead den. not cool. honestly, i like smoking once in a while, but it really is straight up addictive. ive seen tons of Asians int'l students come to this boring-as eastern canadian town, and smoke weed like FIENDS, if they cant get it one night they text me like mad in a panic... straight up addiction. i think tey're literally stuck in canada cuz of weed. they've even said so!! like my friend said, weed is "psychological heroin", complete with the warm fuzzy blanket feeling and all. In some ways I'd rather be addicted to benzos or opiates than weed, because of the laziness thing. who wants to be a couch potato all the time?>

it's funny that people experienced with drugs know more about the dark side of weed, than all the lefties mindlessly preaching for its use, and all these new celebrities saying how thye use tons of it daily and its fine.

especially with the strong types of weed, its very very addictive. gives a huge euphoria; numbs worries and normal feelings. when i was a teen i would sell things all the time for weed; two different bass guitars, and all 3 of my video game systems [good riddance to the latter tho lol]. when i finally decided to quit, i ended up hating sobriety so much i just said "fuck it" and went all out, doing tons of downer pills until i ended up shooting dilaudid all the time.

so yeh, people who hate reality and have addictive personalities... obviously weed will fuck us up. i figure as it becomes less taboo, society at large will become more aware of this. even tho i think people defending daily use as "medicinal" [when usually, lets face, its not] are in denial, i also do think there should be less stigma about drugs in general. in canada the last 10 years have seen a TOTAL erosion of pretty much all stigma around weed- - and apparently rates of pot use among teens is going down, year by year... :D

<lol. i smell it right now! i smell it in my building/city CONSTANTLY. canada is one massive pothead den. not cool. honestly, i like smoking once in a while, but it really is straight up addictive. ive seen tons of Asians int'l students come to this boring-as eastern canadian town, and smoke weed like FIENDS, if they cant get it one night they text me like mad in a panic... straight up addiction. i think tey're literally stuck in canada cuz of weed. they've even said so!! like my friend said, weed is "psychological heroin", complete with the warm fuzzy blanket feeling and all. In some ways I'd rather be addicted to benzos or opiates than weed, because of the laziness thing. who wants to be a couch potato all the time?>

I think you need to be more careful about how you use the word "addiction".

In terms of PHYSICAL withdrawal, weed is about as close as you can get to a non-addictive substance.

However, that doesn't mean it has ZERO physical withdrawal.

When I quit cold turkey it was hard to fall asleep for about 2 weeks and I was a little irritable, but that was it.

So really, there's no other substance that gets a person high that is as non-addictive as weed.

Trust me, I know because I actually have a "problem" with caffeine in that I simply can't keep my dosage below like 5 cups a day no matter how hard I try and physical withdrawal from caffeine is WAY worse than that from weed IMO.

That being said, ANYTHING can be mentally addictive and if you really like the weed high then that could be a problem.

It's not as harmless as some might make it out to be but it's still pretty much the safest substance overall most likely.

This is so fucking true dude. I won't call it psychological heroin...BUT I did sell my musical instruments, my ps3, xbox 360...to cop a quarter ounce of Kush, In my teens. I have like two or three friends I know who can handle smoking weed like THREE or FOUR times a year and that's it. No reaching out for a dealer. No constant dime bags. These people are the minority. It's like the people who drink beer on new year's eve and when it's their birthday.

I'm tired of this constant "it has no physical withdrawals" that's fucking bullshit. And I know I am right because I was in colorado smoking a gram a day of 80/20 Sativa blends for YEARS and when I stopped I was bugging the fuck out.

You know what else does not have 'physical' withdraw? Cocaine.

This whole always comparing another drug's addictive profile to IV heroin, pisses me off.

This is so fucking true dude. I won't call it psychological heroin...BUT I did sell my musical instruments, my ps3, xbox 360...to cop a quarter ounce of Kush, In my teens. I have like two or three friends I know who can handle smoking weed like THREE or FOUR times a year and that's it. No reaching out for a dealer. No constant dime bags. These people are the minority. It's like the people who drink beer on new year's eve and when it's their birthday.

I'm tired of this constant "it has no physical withdrawals" that's fucking bullshit. And I know I am right because I was in colorado smoking a gram a day of 80/20 Sativa blends for YEARS and when I stopped I was bugging the fuck out.

You know what else does not have 'physical' withdraw? Cocaine.

This whole always comparing another drug's addictive profile to IV heroin, pisses me off.

Well I have also smoked everyday for a year and then quit COLD TURKEY and all I experienced was some insomnia and a little irritability that lasted about 2 weeks so I also know what the fuck I am talking about.

It's MILDLY physically addictive and that's about it.

Comparing it to other drugs MAKES SENSE because we get our entire idea of what an "addictive" substance is by knowing what other addictive substances are.

How else would a person measure the addictiveness of a substance???

Write down a list of drugs, we'll do a short one here, and mention what withdrawal effects you experience from each and measure the level of discomfort going without causes from 1--10: weed, coffee, alcohol, heroin, benzos.

Weed is at the bottom of that list with some people MAYBE having an easier time getting off coffee but I have tried with both and have a MUCH harder time with coffee.

I've smoked weed everyday for years and then gone without for almost 3 years in a row.

I am also one of those people who can have an addictive personality at times yet if I NEED to can limit myself to a few times a year.

Just because YOU and some others have trouble with it doesn't make it "VERY VERY addictive" as the last poster said.

How long did you "bug the fuck out" after you stopped smoking??

Was it mostly psychological or did you experience PHYSICAL withdrawal symptoms??

Did you get nauseau, chills, insomnia, rapid heart rate, etc?

"Freaking the fuck out" is not a withdrawal symptom necessarily.

YES...weed DOES have SOME withdrawal symptoms but overall as far addictive substances go it is one of the mildest.

Have you ever experienced withdrawal symptoms from any other addictive substance?

And if so, wouldn't you agree weed's are milder?

Weed may be something that lots of people have problems with BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT SO MUCH but no one is going to actually be put on the street because of it like harder substances.

Yeah I experienced getting off an 8mg a day Xanax addiction, cold turkey, bed ridden for a week. It was five years ago. My memory is really bad, So I can't exactly recall anything besides laying down in the couch and sweating and shaking for a few days straight. I wish I could use this experience as a way to balance the scales of righteousness and Weed is Mild argument, But I really can't. Because It feels like such a distant memory.

What I do remember clearly is being addicted to cannabis, and not being able to go 48 hours without a toke, for years and years. I could not get this job or go to that Med Tech school because of drug tests, Spending two hours driving around the city to cop a dime bag, Never reaching my full potential in school because my head was so cloudy... I tried over and over again and again to quit. and I could not Mycophile.

The fact that your withdrawal was mild, does not surprise me at all. I know a few people who live quite the successful and independent life and smoke bud, and have no problem stopping for months at a time.

I wish I would have stayed a stoner after what eventually happen to me, that I admit. This whole PHYSICAL withdrawal is silly dude. You have people that are 35 and have been smoking for two decades and have never been able to stop for a month straight. What does that tell you?