• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why Don't People Swallow Cocaine?

The ROA differences between oral and insufflation is similar for most stims. Oral just takes a lot longer to kick in so you don't get the "rush". The strength of the rush is all about how quickly your body processes the drug, when snorting/injecting/smoking it can be seconds, where as if swallowing it then it's a slow build 15 to 30 minutes (on average - depends on stomach content). I've heard with coke, when swallowed the high tends to last 2-3 hours. I'd for experimenting with it but say 400mg bomb of coke for a 2 hour high sounds a bit pricey! Supposedly in the height of Stevie Ray Vaugn's coke addiction he used to put 7g of coke into a bottle of orange juice and drink it through out the day.

The bioavailability of stims varies. My understanding is oral coke has a pretty low bioavailability compared with snorting it so a fairly big doses is needed. Also considering the ridiculously short duration of coke and crazy prices you can see why people want to get as high as they can for their money, even if it is short lived. Plus if your racking up lines you look like a baller for everyone to see... :p