• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why Don't People Swallow Cocaine?

Asparagus_Prince

Bluelighter
I haven't used cocaine in years and wasn't a very experienced user when I did do it. So this has nothing to do with me. It is just sheer curiosity.

But why don't people take their cocaine and simply swallow it? Or put it into a capsule and swallow it?

Well, it's natural form the coca leaf is used orally. The process of turning into cocaine HCl kinda preps it for intranasal use, would be kinda counterproductive to then take it orally. I just think the bioavailability is probably really low and so the doses required would be not very cost effective at all.

Ok, cool. Don't think I really knew that.

But what about meth then? I feel like most people snort or smoke it. I know it can be injected too. But I've never heard of or been around people that put it in capsules and swallow it. Why not?

But what about meth then? I feel like most people snort or smoke it. I know it can be injected too. But I've never heard of or been around people that put it in capsules and swallow it. Why not?
It's not uncommon to ingest meth. I honestly think ingesting low doses of meth doesn't actually hurt your stomach all that much, especially compared to cocaine and the rest of the crap that is in Cocaine. The downside of ingesting meth is not being able to stick to (low) doses since meth is THAT much more addictive, and it lasts a long time, so you need to plan accordingly.

Well, it's natural form the coca leaf is used orally. The process of turning into cocaine HCl kinda preps it for intranasal use, would be kinda counterproductive to then take it orally. I just think the bioavailability is probably really low and so the doses required would be not very cost effective at all.

People do swallow Cocaine. There's more than one philistine around these parts that parachutes the shit (put inside a tissue or some toilet paper and swallow). No respect for the drug itself or the associated traditions!
I've never heard of anyone doing this before lmao, but yeah I reckon if I did I'd probably call them a philistine.

I've never heard of anyone doing this before lmao, but yeah I reckon if I did I'd probably call them a philistine.
Hey deficit I understand if you want to ignore me btw, I don't agree with what happened but I could of handled it better I regret how I handled it hope your good bro

People do swallow Cocaine. There's more than one philistine around these parts that parachutes the shit (put inside a tissue or some toilet paper and swallow). No respect for the drug itself or the associated traditions!
That's for mdma though and also mephedrone not many people know that if you use a high enough dose of mephedrone, it has to be at least ten times what you would sniff you can take mephedrone orally and it's like a whole different high gives you a mad rush I mixed half a gram+ in about 150ml of milk and nothing for like 5minutes then I got this amazing body orgasm feeling and a rush and I was bouncing all over the place I never knew that a stimulant could feel so good mcat is the only stimulant I would still bother using though because I'm just more of a downer stoner guy but mcat is just something special imo getting back on topic though I always assumed swallowing coke was a waste? Plus you would miss out on the whole sniffing ritual numb nose and all that? Plus you swallow the drip anyway so I guess it's still kinda oral?

Last edited:
It's not uncommon to ingest meth. I honestly think ingesting low doses of meth doesn't actually hurt your stomach all that much, especially compared to cocaine and the rest of the crap that is in Cocaine. The downside of ingesting meth is not being able to stick to (low) doses since meth is THAT much more addictive, and it lasts a long time, so you need to plan accordingly.
Exactly this. I have a friend who was addicted to meth but only ever ingested it. He is an extremely anxious person naturally so the hit from smoking meth was too much for his anxiety to handle, so he started ingesting it instead. He said the come-up was longer and less intense, and the high lasted longer. I was like well, why not just stick with dexies then...??
Addicts be addicts, man......

I’m about to be trying an oral cocaine preparation tomorrow, coca tincture. I’ll make a thread on it as well as how to make it soon.

-GC

Oral coke definitely works although I've only tried coca tea (20-30g) the high rivals the better gear intranasally

The key is redose when it kicks in or you will come down

Oral cocaine has a somewhat lower bioavailability, but it certainly works. I haven't tried it bit would like to, if I could find any decent coke. The duration lasts a good bit longer, and there is much less rush since it reaches peak plasma concentrations more slowly. I have heard good things. It definitely requires a higher dose so you'd have to be willing to get less doses for your buck.

I’ve also heard of people “parachuting” meth. When I take X or Molly, my preferred method is parachuting, which is taking the powder and folding into a thimble sized piece of tissue and swallowing it. For me it always comes on harder and faster.

Well when taking X back in the day this is what I’d do, but along came Molly lol
By X I assume you’re referring to pressed pills containing mdma? I tried to parachute crystal mdma (molly) once in a tissue and nearly vomited when I tried to swallow. Somehow though the mdma was untouched and I just emptied out a capsule of vitamin d and used that instead lol