• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why doesn't God just kill Satan?

If evil was taken out of the world, we would go extinct.
All human to human evil is a component of our evolution and if we did not do the small bit of evil we do as compared to the much greater good in evolution, we would go extinct.

As we evolve we must both cooperate and compete. When we cooperate, all is good as no victim is created. When we compete, we create a loser to those competitions and the losers would feel that evil has come his way.

As to from the Christian perspective; the ancients seemed to know the answer to your question better than todays poor apologists who cannot explain why, at Easter, they sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan.

The paradox for modern Christians is that they call what was necessary to Yahweh's plan, our fall.

The complete opposite to what they sing and also opposite to the Original Virtue that the Jews read into Eden as compared to the Original Sin that Christians interpreted for the same story/myth.

Satan is Yasweh's loyal opposition, and without A & E eating of the tree of all knowledge, there would not have been any sexual or moral awakening in man and none of us would be here as there would not have been any knowledge of reproduction.

As you can see, I have no problem of evil that so many argue about. Either you thinking nature or god, this explains the problem of evil. It is a small eveil within the greater good of man living and thriving.

Regards
DL

So evil exists because a woman made from a rib was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magic tree? Sounds legit.

Seriously, though I do find what you have to say interesting.
What are your personal beliefs when it comes to God?

• Haha
Reactions: R3K
Dual balance?

Do you see as much evil as good?

Statistics seem to show a lot more good than evil within most of us.

Regards
DL

There are no such statistics because the concepts of good and evil were artificially created by Christianity in order to impart guilt and ensure obedience in their followers. You cannot quantify something that has no tangible existence.

Reactions: R3K
Evil people always say they are good and good people always say they are evil so they are always lying and no one knows anyone else because they thought someone could have been lying based on their own knowledge of their own actions so they run off screaming

I'm mean, he can do anything right? He's omnipotent. So...why not? He could do it in the blink of an eye and wipe out hell and the evil in the world.

Duality, there can not be good without evil, light without darkness, love without hate. "God" is all of those things we love to hate. Yin Yang. Looking into the works of Carl Jung, archetypes and shadow work will help one to understand duality, how to achieve individuation.

And from a Christian perspective...

C7pVfVq.jpg

Duality must surely be a Satanic concept though ;) I think maybe it even expresses levels of hierarchy rather than a division between pure and unpure things

Of course, they don't literally exist, they are archetypes of the collective unconscious. We manifest these archetypes in human behaviours, belief systems, politics, religion etc.

I've thought about this a lot. If God is perfect then in theory He doesn't even know that evil exists. I don't think it makes sense that evil exists and God lives alongside it. He would blot it out without even doing so knowingly

Dogma is a human concept based on imperfection. Nothing to do with deities and what they believe