• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Why doesn't alcohol have nutrition labels?

These are arguably the worst tasting anheuser-busch beers I have had the privilege to put to my lips, besides hurricane...

These beers are strictly for intoxication, not taste... No connoisseur in their right mind is buying these horrid things...

Does a connoisseur buy any beer from Anheuser Busch?

Bought one of these the other day: oh my God that was bad:

Tilt_24oz_4_0910.jpg

Does a connoisseur buy any beer from Anheuser Busch?

Bought one of these the other day: oh my God that was bad:

Tilt_24oz_4_0910.jpg

Nope none of them do...

I don't even buy any mainstream beer... They are watered down piss...

Those heavy High-gravity fruity pisswater hangovers in a can are beyond out of most palate range... Including mine...

Give me an IPA 120 and throw all the other shit out far far away...

I know kthx I realized this about myself and unfortunately have had it since before bupe and heroin.

I can only assume the worst trying to keep some icing on my cake.

If you have had it checked out, and the docs didn't see anything worrisome then it isn't that big of a deal so long as you simply know to supplement. Some people just can't process B12, and it doesn't have to mean there is a more serious underlying issue. No need to assume the worst!!

The amount of vitamins you would have to put in the booze would be substantial to make up for such poor diets...

Is by weight actually not that much. If you think that many multivitamins often have 2-3x the amount of the daily recommended intake, yet still manage to stay pretty small. It is much harder to make up for the missing proteins, fibers, fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K), etc...

I am a fan of information, and so for me more detailed labeling is a good thing.

^ Actually, I agree with Roger.
There is a massive bias to consider alcohol as somehow different than drugs.
To correct this bias could change many people's minds about alcohol, and about drugs and whether they should be legal.

what good would that do? are you americans really that fucking stupid? would you all die if there wasn't a warning label telling you not to wash people in a washing maschine? do you really think the statement "may cause drowsiness" on the label of sleeping pills is valuable information? 8(

As slimvictor already eloquently noted, alcohol is largely not considered a drug in the popular consciousness. This is not an American issue, it is equally as prevalent in Europe and other parts of the world. Labeling alcoholic beverages as a psychoactive drug would help correct this bias.

Furthermore, you are a fucking douche. This is yet another example of unsolicited anti-American zealotry on this site, its becoming the new thing around here apparently.

Not being anti-American, but I'm pretty sure all alcoholic beverages in the EU have the alcohol content printed on the bottle/can.

Furthermore, you are a fucking douche. This is yet another example of unsolicited anti-American zealotry on this site, its becoming the new thing around here apparently.

You can't really call it unsolicited. The rest of the world is very concerned at how the American people have demonstrated that they have absolutely no control over their 'elected' government. Not to mention that this 'elected' government is violating the constitutions of sovereign countries without remorse, and have made no real move to change their behavior.

Calories, protein, and carbs are listed on some beers... LOL

Haha I just came across this thread while drinking a beer, so I took a peak at the side of my brew and it only lists calories, carbs & protein.

EDIT- What the fuck is with all this anti-American shit! Shut the fuck up and drink your damn beers and chill out.

Last edited:
Well, whose fault is that? Fucking NSA shit just to name one thing.

And a lot of that label nonsense is indeed a US thing. Companies are afraid to get sued. After that huge lawsuit around a cup of coffee at McDonalds they all got paranoid. And I seriously question the intelligence of anyone who needs warning labels on plastic bags warning you about the risk of suffocation when putting it over your head.

The NSA shit is not responsible for the anti-American bias.
The NSA shit is disgusting, but that is the government of the US.
If we judged all people based on their governments, I would hate Americans, Russians, Chinese, Japanese, most Middle Easterners, Italians, etc. etc.
However, those of us who know how to think clearly can separate the government from the people and realize that most of the people probably do not support most of the shit that the government does.
Just as we separate a country's history from the current population. If you still hate Germans because of what the Nazis did, you are not seeing clearly.

That said, I agree that the US government is one of the worst in the world.
Fuckers fuck up shit.

Your comments about the intelligence of anyone who needs warning labels are also just an example of bias.
Very few people "need" such labels, other than children.
The judicial/legal/political system of the US has resulted in such labels in order for companies to avoid being sued.
This says nothing at all - let me repeat: NOTHING AT ALL - about the intelligence of any single American human being.

^ Are you serious?
That is not what I remember, though I have been away from the US for a long time now.
But I have a distinct memory of all kinds of microbrews with alcohol content noted on the bottle.
Maybe only in Oregon? Maybe only microbrews? Maybe the fact that I haven't lived in the US for ten years has distorted my memories?

^ Are you serious?
That is not what I remember, though I have been away from the US for a long time now.
But I have a distinct memory of all kinds of microbrews with alcohol content noted on the bottle.
Maybe only in Oregon? Maybe only microbrews? Maybe the fact that I haven't lived in the US for ten years has distorted my memories?

Lots of beers don't have the alcohol on the product or the package even. On my desk is a standard can of Yuengling and its unlabeled. Genessee is another beer that does that. I'm pretty sure Busch Light and High Life is also unlabeled. There are lots of macro brews that don't label their shit.

Liquor and wine are always labeled as far as I know.

^ Are you serious?

These are considered specialty beers.

Any mainstream booze 9 out of 10 is unlabeled...