• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why does it take me 2+ hours to feel effects?

butterflies24

Greenlighter
Hi there! I'm a long-time lurker on this site and have found it to be an incredibly useful source of information. I registered because I couldn't seem to find a thread on this specific topic, so any advice or insight is appreciated!

I'm an average-sized girl (5'6", 125 lbs.) and I consistently experience the same issue: It takes my body FOREVER (2-3 hours) to begin to feel the effects of MDMA. I can't tell you how many times I have peaked AFTER the show I went to see and spent the night awake, buzzing around while my friends started to doze off (really feels like I've wasted the pills at that point). A couple times, I dropped an hour before everyone else and was still lagging behind and feeling quite sad that I'm never on the same page as everyone. There have been several times where, after two hours, I say, "This just isn't working" and take more, only to find myself floored when the night is coming to an end. This happened last time I rolled, and I woke up in the morning with my pupils still frighteningly large.

I suppose this might have something to do with my metabolism, as the effects last longer for me, but it's a slow and gradual come-up, never really reaching that "OMG!" peak that my friends seem to get about an hour into the experience.

I know there's one simple solution to this: DROP EARLIER; BE PATIENT, but I was wondering if there was a way to simply make my body accept this drug faster. Is this just the way I'm programmed or are there supplements I can take or things I can be doing to my exercise routine and diet (I am already an avid exerciser and health freak) that can help me absorb MDMA faster?

And it's nice to meet you all :)

You might have a "mind block".

For me smoking weed helps releasing the block, but only 30-60 minutes after taking the mdma (so when it's actually supposed to work) and it hits me immediately, altough I never got energy and always become lazy I feel great.

I once took xtc (confirmed mdma), it didn't do anything and I kept taking more, nothing happened except my jaw did feel weird and lights were a bit nice, but no other effects.

I went home about 7 hours later from the party, took 3 hits from a joint I was tripping for 6 hours straight (no real loved up feeling, I guess my serotin was depleted but I still had an awesome night)

A few other things if you don't like weed:

Body movement, and not some dancing but go jog for 10 minutes or something, mdma hit me once in 25 minutes and that was after cycling to my friends house for 30 minutes and taking it immediately.

Breathe in and out really loud (after 30-45 minutes, when it's "supposed" to work) it feels good and gets you "high" from the oxygen and the mdma kicks faster.

Walk in and out; the first time I did mdma I didn't feel anything for 1.5 hours until I had a 5-10 minute walk around the neighboorhood, I walked back inside and when the heat of the room got over me it hit me like a truck.

Last edited:
That's actually good advice--I try not to mix alcohol and molly, but sometimes the molly does seem to hit me much faster after I've already had a few drinks. Maybe this helps eliminate the "Is this going to work?" anxiety that I always get (Note to self: It always works).

That's actually good advice--I try not to mix alcohol and molly, but sometimes the molly does seem to hit me much faster after I've already had a few drinks. Maybe this helps eliminate the "Is this going to work?" anxiety that I always get (Note to self: It always works).

Yes that might be it, same for me when I smoke my joint I feel somehow relieved and maybe then my mind says "okay it's time to go!" and I float to outer space.

I have noticed no difference with a full or empty stomach, in fact the time I came up the fastest (I got hit 2 out of 9 times I did mdma, the rest took over 2 hours to kick in) I ate 2 plates full, 1 minute later took the pill, I didn't even have any body movement and it hit me in 15 minutes. Maybe cause your stomach is actually working so it digests the pill faster.

Or you can try to up your initial dose, for me 100mg doesn't do anything, 150mg works mildly after 1.5 hours but 200mg actually pushes through so hard it just hits within 1 hour, even if my mind is not set to it.

how do you tend to take it? if it's wrapped up in too much rizla it can take forever to kick in, i've taken to just eating it straight up to minimize the come up time

oh i just re-read the first post and i guess you mostly take pills

i suppose you should just take it really really early, it sucks that it takes so long and it must be frustrating not rolling at the same time as all your friends

i definitely agree that higher doses hit faster as well as harder...i once ate 250mg of powder on an empty stomach and it hit me like a bus after less than 25 minutes

Either whatever you wrapped it up is too thick or you're eating on a pretty full stomach. I've been to raves after a steak dinner and taken 2 hours to really come up. Wasn't nice.

I also read about people chewing their xtc pill so it works faster - as this will make me puke it's not an option.

I have now crunced my pill and did it in a rizla - will it work faster or does the rizla take a long time to disgest aswell?

I also read about people chewing their xtc pill so it works faster - as this will make me puke it's not an option.

I have now crunced my pill and did it in a rizla - will it work faster or does the rizla take a long time to disgest aswell?

If you use half a blue or silver rizzla it should be fine.

Don't eat beforehand. Take tums to facilitate stomach acid. Use a different RoA such as drop early then blow a line maybe when everyone else drops. Crush and parachute your rolls.

I think crushing up a pill in a pestle/mortar or even in a bowl with the back of a spoon (careful not to spill any ;)) and then loading the powder into a gel-cap (if you can, with a tiny bit of olive oil) will make it hit you hard and fast.

Gel-cap you can get from most supplements, just empty out the contents of a cap and scoop up your MD powder with one half, close it up and drop. I've done this twice and it hit me faster and harder, didn't last as long but it was worth it.

You probably just have a really long small intestine. I too am a very fit, health-nut and it often takes a while to hit me. I would say there is something to that.

Thanks, everybody. I'm happy to say that I took all your advice on NYE (mostly empty stomach, parachute, exercise beforehand) and I had one of the best times of my life. At about half an hour in, I just kept saying to my boyfriend "I can't believe this is happening to me! WOW WOW WOW." Preparation really means a lot!!

I can now confirm weed (at least for me) makes me roll 10x harder.

I tried taking mdma at nye without smoking weed - I didn't really have an urge to smoke to but the high is so less intense.. and the effects wear off really fast too. Took like 500mg in 5 hours, where I usually spread this over 12, and sobered up really soon.

Smoke weed on comeup , smoke weed during peak, and smoke weed while comedown - best way to roll good :D

Hi I have a question, I took .25 grams of pure molly then I ate a taco salad and a order of French fries 15 minutes after taking it. It's been 2 hours and I don't feel anything yet. Its been awhile since I've taken it last. What should I do to help me get high? I'm a 5'0 150 lbs girl.

Parachute works quick for me. Especially if I take 2-3 points. Parachuteing means to take it with it covered in tissue or paper towel. It might sound gross but it's easier than swallowing it by itself. Or you can drink it in a shot of tequila. The tequila relaxes the mind so you don't get mind blocked, and the effects happen quicker since it's not in a capsule

Damn I usually take .25 gs...maybe you should start taking higher doses like 3 points or 2...you'd get higher quicker and longer.

oh i just re-read the first post and i guess you mostly take pills

i suppose you should just take it really really early, it sucks that it takes so long and it must be frustrating not rolling at the same time as all your friends

i definitely agree that higher doses hit faster as well as harder...i once ate 250mg of powder on an empty stomach and it hit me like a bus after less than 25 minutes
I took the same amount tonight, but in a capsule. It's been 4 hours and I still don't feel high. I took way more than I ever have and I ate a full meal 15 minutes after taking it. I'm and experienced user. It's been about 2 weeks - a month since I've taken Molly. And about a week since I've taken acid. Idk why it isn't working. I know for a fact it was pure MDMA. I even took tums. But nothing except nausea, sweating, and energy. No other symptoms.

I took the same amount tonight, but in a capsule. It's been 4 hours and I still don't feel high. I took way more than I ever have and I ate a full meal 15 minutes after taking it. I'm and experienced user. It's been about 2 weeks - a month since I've taken Molly. And about a week since I've taken acid. Idk why it isn't working. I know for a fact it was pure MDMA. I even took tums. But nothing except nausea, sweating, and energy. No other symptoms.
How do you know it's pure? Was it tested by energy control? Do you live in a country in which you can see purity results from GC-MS testing legally? Reagent testing will only tell you you have MDMA in the product but not the actual purity. Was it tested with at least three reagents to rule out a false positive resulting from an MD type analog. Did you do the reagent testing yourself to make sure? What three reagents did you use to make a positive identification? I know the answer because the only comparisons you did of the so called pure MDMA that you have is comparing your stash to a picture of some other tan crystals. Problem solved.

Last edited:
How do you know it's pure? Was it tested by energy control? Do you live in a country in which you can see purity results from GC-MS testing legally? Reagent testing will only tell you you have MDMA in the product but not the actual purity. Was it tested with at least three reagents to rule out a false positive resulting from an MD type analog. Did you do the reagent testing yourself to make sure? What three reagents did you use to make a positive identification? I know the answer because the only comparisons you did of the so called pure MDMA that you have is comparing your stash to a picture of some other tan crystals. Problem solved.
Like one time, I couldn't get high from acid. I took an 8 strip. My boyfriend took an 7 strip. And he was tripping so hard. But I wasn't getting any visuals. I just felt like a weed high, because I smoked some after I took the acid. I took them all within like 3 hours. But I had taken it for the first time like 2 or 3 days before. So idk. Maybe my body just doesn't get high soemtimes.

I think crushing up a pill in a pestle/mortar or even in a bowl with the back of a spoon (careful not to spill any ;)) and then loading the powder into a gel-cap (if you can, with a tiny bit of olive oil) will make it hit you hard and fast.

Gel-cap you can get from most supplements, just empty out the contents of a cap and scoop up your MD powder with one half, close it up and drop. I've done this twice and it hit me faster and harder, didn't last as long but it was worth it.

You probably just have a really long small intestine. I too am a very fit, health-nut and it often takes a while to hit me. I would say there is something to that.

If you are going to all that trouble you should actually shove the capsule up your ass -- hits harder and lasts longer, the come up is 35-45 minutes, and it doesn't matter what you have eaten.

The rectal plugged dose is 50-80% of an oral dose depending on the person. Which means a normal 120 mg dose will wreck you if you plug it!!

All of it is absorbed through the rectal mucosa directly into the bloodstream, and bypasses approximately 2/3 of the first pass liver metabolism -- meaning more MDMA for your brain.

Once you roll tits, clits, or balls off plugging -- you wont think it's icky

For even quicker results -- get a baby syringe, crush the MDMA -- dissolve it in 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of water, suck the water into the syringe, stick it in your ass until you pass the sphincter and depress the plunger.

It wont leak out, 15-20 minutes it is completely absorbed (just make sure no poo is in there or its wasted on rolling poo) LOLZ

I'm a very het birth male and I have no problem doing it