Why does alcohol inhibit gains but benzos dont?

While I presume you have a tolerance to benzos of sorts, since you take them for a legit reason and I assume relatively often, do you still notice any negative effects that hinder your workouts?

I have absolutely no tolerance whatsoever to benzos. 10mg valium will have me stumbling around a bit. I can't see myself actually putting in effort with lifting in this state haha, and if I did I'd likely hurt myself.

Also just remembered I drank on one other occasion, roughly this time last year give or take a few days. Was in Thailand, had downed 5mg valium beforehand (literally so I didn't have to drink as much to get tipsy hahaha). Achieved tipsy status after maybe 4 beers. Was good. Would actually rather do this than consume exclusively alcohol, buuuuuuuuuuuut I don't want to condone mixing benzos with alcohol. Shit can get very messy if you're not being wise and restrained about it like I was :p

My tolerance to any drug is pretty big I think it's just naturally inbuilt in me :) but benzos i don't really have one , I get prescribed Vallium serapax and Ativan , but I don't take them daily my doc says to to take the tablets everyday at different times but I don't want to be dependent on them I've heard of too many people going through withdrawals and having seizures fuck that ! only take them before I leave the house , I know what you mean about the 10mg having you stumbling I didn't have any for a month once and I took 15mg before going to my mums house and I was slurring my speech and thinking hell slow she thought I was drunk hahahah . But 5mg before going to the gym gets me motivated but then there's people like my mate that had a 2mg Vallium tablet not sure if they make them in America but he was out cold in 20mintues lol :)

Benzos will limit gains. Any CNS will. Flex your muscle without benzos. Then try without. There is a bif difference.

I thought benzos were shown to be beneficial especially after workouts because they lower cortisol and help with sleep, but I'm thinking of something I was reading years ago so I could be totally wrong.

Last edited:
I thought benzos were shown to be beneficial especially after workouts because they lower cortisol and help with sleep, but I'm thinking of something I was reading years ago so I could be totally wrong.

I dont recall that?
Think youre talking about ghb?

Benzos will limit gains. Any CNS will. Flex your muscle without benzos. Then try without. There is a bif difference.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I had my best cycle ever whilst being a benzo addict taking 50-100mg per day of diazepam. Think it helped me eat and sleep better.