• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do you do drugs…?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Stupid question, right? Or is it…? Why do you, personally do drugs? It’s a general question with lots of possible answers. Some may say they get high because it feels good. Or maybe it’s to be able to feel more open because they like the person they become when they’re fucked up a lot better than the person they always are. Whatever the reason, explain in detail! Dig deep and really focus on what you’re trying to be, or not, when you do your choice drug(s.)

I’ll start… I’ve done plenty. But it’s always for the same reason once I think about it. It’s to be free. Sounds pretty dumb when you’re doing something addictive right? But I want to be free of myself. To not think the thoughts that I do. To be the person I want to be. To feel energized and empowered by something stronger than I am. TO FEEL GOOD. TO NOT HAVE BAD THOUGHTS. If I’m only like this sober 1 out of 75 days, then why deal with that shit when I can feel amazing EVERY DAY..??!! It has its ups and downs. But why not, right?

I’m just curious is why I’m posting this. I’m in a position where I don’t have ANYTHING besides stupid Dr drugs to “supposedly” make me feel better. I don’t know anyone to get anything. I’m isolated. I’m depressed. I come up with all kinds of ideas to escape my madness with no results. So it makes me wonder why others get fucked up.

Is it for fun… ? Or survival..??? Or….?

Well, it depends on the drugs, really. I'll just list some of the ones I use or have used recently

I smoke weed because it numbs the pain and frustrations of my reality that for a good while I won't be able to change.

I used to drink a ton because it made me not care about anything at all. Weed can do the same thing but in a cleaner, more insightful way. It's like letting go of the things that cause me pain. But it still numbs it, too.

I take kratom because I love the warm comforting feelings it can bring.

I use CBD because I find it helpful for anxiety as well

I take gabapentin because I like to get a nice stimulating anti-anxiety effect

I take ritalin because it improves my mood and makes me more engaged in things (only taking it before work). But I also have ADHD. I personally dislike stimulants, but ritalin can really help me with social anxiety and energy. Adderall is my worst enemy, I hated the way that made me feel, even though lots of people love it.

I'll take the odd couple of mushrooms to see new beauty in life and to accept the very moments I'm living in.

I take DMT sometimes in low doses just to shock myself a little bit. Sometimes it feels like, it's good to do that. I don't really know how to explain it. But even microdoses from a vape pen can be enjoyable and feel almost like THCs cousin, and can result in an afterglow into the next day. It's quite unusual. I need to get my friend to make another one lol, he's made so much. But he's too scared to take any. I'd taken a breakthrough dose last year and it was pretty traumatizing, to be honest. I was never big into psychedelics and I was horribly nervous about doing it all day. But I don't regret it one bit. A few medium doses before that were just... incredible.

Lastly, I currently take valium for anxiety. I've had an extremely stressful couple of months. I don't know how long I'll take it, I've been on it nearly 2 months at 5-10mg a day.

At the end of the day, I take drugs because life sucks and you only live once. I have very bad depression, anxiety and PTSD. I would never do heroin, meth, cocaine, or a lot of harder drugs. I stick to mostly natural stuff. The valium is only temporary because as much as I enjoy it, it quickly becomes too sedating and I end fighting staying awake when I want to stay up later (particularly when I don't work the next day). Tonight is looking like it may be one of those nights.

Marijuana will always be my number one choice. I think as long as I can smoke weed, I can kick just about any of the above drugs. I dislike drugs that are too sedating, but weed has never really been *too* sedating, just very, and burnout is real, but temporary and manageable by only smoking at night.

When I did drugs ( any of them ) it was purely to get high or change my mood. Mostly to just get high.

I would be asked why I abuse opioids . Was I beaten as a child? Sexually molested? Bullied? Adopted? Neglected?

Nope. Nothing like that Dr. ....I simply liked the feeling and euphoria of being high. They seemed to deny that it was the reason I abused pharmaceutical opioids.

I said well....it's not my fault they were manufactured to feel like a warm fuzzy blanket, nestled in front of a fireplace on a cold winter night, with a plate of cookies and a great movie on the telly. Who doesn't like that feeling?

I've had various phases: curiosity, fun, trauma. As of now I do drugs to cope with the physical and mental ordeal I'm currently suffering. I hope to reduce my intake until one day I won't need to use drugs for pain, instead just choose to use drugs whenever I want just to stimulate my mind.

I've had various phases: curiosity, fun, trauma. As of now I do drugs to cope with the physical and mental ordeal I'm currently suffering. I hope to reduce my intake until one day I won't need to use drugs for pain, instead just choose to use drugs whenever I want just to stimulate my mind.
I understand. I’m going through something as well and it was SOOO much easier when i had a distraction. I could deal with it better and wasn’t so depressed every day like I am now, waiting for everything to work itself out. Not to mention my depression is making the whole situation worse and therefore makes me think it’ll never get better.

I understand. I’m going through something as well and it was SOOO much easier when i had a distraction. I could deal with it better and wasn’t so depressed every day like I am now, waiting for everything to work itself out. Not to mention my depression is making the whole situation worse and therefore makes me think it’ll never get better.
Nothing is gonna change if you don't do sumthing though. Try to make lil changes errrday. I have severe PTSD but I'm fighting not to crumble apart, thank god I got ppl thst support me. Idk whst I'd do w.out em uu.

Why do I do drugs? Hmm its a legit question and at first the "obvious answers" came to me.. I like getting high, it feels good. I watched people in movies use drugs when I was little and had a general idea that drug users/addicts were "bad people". They will rob you, hurt you, lie to you and that they all lived on the streets. I experienced pure bliss and clarity for the first time in my life. A warm embrace enveloped my body and I feel in love. I became a social butterfly..laughing, talking, smiling more than I ever had! I felt as if nothing bad could happen. That was 18 years ago. It opened my little world up to new places, new people, new experiences good and bad. I've met some of the best, most loyal, giving people in my life that are a part of that world. And vice versa of course. But I'm getting off track. At first I did bc of curiosity then it became like my little secret in plain society. Like I was one of the cool kids you know? Like our kind can just spot one another out in public and we automatically got an understanding. I feel like I fit in better with this crowd as a person than I do non users. I am big on feeling constant judgements from others for every little detail of my appearance and any actions past or present. I don't feel that kind of pressure wen I'm around people that use. Its like we all are equal to a degree and we tend to bond over that choice. As I said its been 18 years and as I think about how I have changed throughout my life it is quite different. I just can't go back to the other side. I feel sorry for those who have never experienced pure pleasure and a sense of immortality from a substance while also respecting that power. I hope I didn't screw that up to bad.

Last edited:
because they can be FUN

when it's not FUN anymore, then it's time to stop at all costs

i don't like drugs that aren't fun and i don't laugh

tweek isn't a fun drug - its too serious - to me anyway - neither are opiates - no fun there either.....crackheads are some of the funniest ppl in the world - so that can be fun

tripping is fun and so is smoking weed

i definitely smoke weed to enhance my laughing ability - that might be my #1 reason - plus i have it all the time so i might as well

or to make me ok with washing dishes and folding laundry - the same shit i gotta do everyday that im getting sick of doing? try that on acid....i cant wash dishes on acid for some reason tho - i did clean out my kids room while she wasn't home, tripping face, trying to decide which toys to keep and which ones not to keep - that was mind splitting - but i did such a good job.....you shoulve seen the mountain i had to work through...

i'd like to develop a laundromat where you walk in and instantly feel high - that would be cool right?

:caffeine:

I admire people that can have an appreciation for drugs. I just dont have the kinda self discipline that it takes to maintain moderation long enough to have any substantial kinda fun on drugs. But Ive had a hella time trying lmao. I am a balls to the wall kinda girl. I am super passionate and intense. I feel EVERYTHING and I am so sensitive to any kind of stimulation. Then I just want more. I am so good at being bad also. I could sell you ocean front property in Tennessee...then borrow it back from you and sell it to you again. It's just not a good situation. But damn drugs butter my bread so nicely lol

because im stupid, bored, lonely, physical and emotionally pained at times. curious stupid, adventurous, empty and stupid.
Just how stupid can ya be lol? !? You are far from stupid. Maybe that's actually our problem. There truly is a thin line between genius and insanity....

Apart from LSD/Mushrooms once every few years, I only take prescribed medicines so organic pain and epilepsy (the latter a good reason not to take stuff unless REALLY needed).

I started in order to modify my behaviour.
I stopped because my behaviour was getting out of whack.

Still smoke weed to kill dreams(chronic nightmares since childhood), to stimulate my senses and weirdly enough to prevent SOing.

Just how stupid can ya be lol? !? You are far from stupid. Maybe that's actually our problem. There truly is a thin line between genius and insanity....
Marilyn Monroe Dipshit GIF

I admire people that can have an appreciation for drugs. I just dont have the kinda self discipline that it takes to maintain moderation long enough to have any substantial kinda fun on drugs. But Ive had a hella time trying lmao. I am a balls to the wall kinda girl. I am super passionate and intense. I feel EVERYTHING and I am so sensitive to any kind of stimulation. Then I just want more. I am so good at being bad also. I could sell you ocean front property in Tennessee...then borrow it back from you and sell it to you again. It's just not a good situation. But damn drugs butter my bread so nicely lol
Women Tell All Wow GIF by The Bachelor