• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Why do the following drugs not work on me: Meth, MDMA, amphetamine?

Mandelin

Bluelighter
Yes you read that right. realatively pure,color reagent tested, FTIR tested, peer tested methamphetamine seems to produce almost no desireable effects on me. And neither does amphetamine.

But first a quick timeline on my drug use:

Up until 2023 I rarely used drugs. The occasional alcohol and weed every few months. Maybe a little caffeine once a week.

~Febuary 2023 -
Old friend from high school introduced me to something he says is cocaine. We snort it and it definitely gives me a more or less typical cocaine effect. Euphoria, bit of jaw clenching, high pulse, hard to sleep for a few hours. Next day feeling a bit down. Not very hungry. In the following few months we meet every few weeks and do cocaine again. Sometimes it works on me sometimes it doesn’t work that well. I Attrrbuted this to his cocaine something being higher quality sometimes lower.

Spring 2023 -
I do some research on drugs on the internet and find out that there is this whole group of drugs called stimulants and that people use them to increase productivity. As someone that has real truble getting anything done this sounded really good. I have 15 books that I want to read but just can’t find the motivation to do so.

So I find out that amphetamine is the typical productivity/ADHD drug and ask my friend to procure me some amphetamine (here also known as “speed”). He gets me the amphetamine. I dry it of the solvents, I acetone wash it. And I carefully take a small dose orally and this produces no noticeable effect. I increase the dosage and take it orally again, again no effect. Keep trying for a couple of days and start snorting it. No effect.Couple of days pass.

It’s now the twentieth of April 2023 and I snort a line in the morning. Half an hour later it mysteriously starts working(pretty weird because snorting is supposed to have a quick onset). I get a lot done, clean the room, mow the lawn, all while clearly being a bit euphoric. Felt pretty happy because I finally found something that can make me productive and because now I though it’s real amphetamine after all. Decide to give it a couple of days and then try it again. And now it doesn’t work again, and never worked again after that.

Start thinking maybe that wasn’t amphetamine after all and decide to get amphetamine from a different source. So I get my new batch of illicitly manufactured amphetamine and long story short it doesn’t work. At lower does I don’t feel anything, at higher doses I feel scatterbrained and uncomfortable, a bit like I drank too much coffee. No euphoria. No compulsion to do things. No increase in productivity. Now at these higher doses the uncomfortable feeling lasts about 30 minutes or something.

Summer 2023 -
Meet with my friend for the last time. We do what he claims is cocaine again. Doesn’t do anything to me. He says it got him high though. I quit trying cocaine at this point.

Decide to get some ketamine. The ketamine works as expected. But not a big fan of that substance or downers in general.

At this point I have a growing suspicion amphetamine maybe just doesn’t work on me. But perhaps a similar substances might. I get myself something sold as methamphetamine. meth being the substance that it is I approach it carefully. First lower oral doses which didn’t produce an effect. Then higher oral doses, and higher snorted doses. I also tried the sublingual route. The higher doses produced an effect similar to the higher amphetamine doses. It makes me jittery, scatterbrained, uncomfortable, makes me think in circles a bit if that makes sense. These effects would last about 2 hours (shorter than methamphetamine’s effects usually last). Then the effects would wear of and during that period I would sometimes feel a bit drowsy even. The highest doses must’ve been 70mg but I didn’t weight it just eyeballing here. Usually I took it a eariler in the day to avoid possible insomnia, which I sometimes noticed and sometimes didn't.

I get the Marquis, Mecke and Mandelin color reagent tests, and test the amphetamine and methamphetamine, and they test as they should.

autumn/winter 2023
I have the meth FTIR tested, and it tests as meth should. Here’s a picture of the abosrbance spectrum of my meth and on this site you can see what meth’s spectrum is supposed to look like. It looks really similar, this can be an indicator of high purity.

Winter 2023
I try a fake pressed XANAX pill, it works almost too well, I black out. Not a big fan of benzos or downers in general though.

I try a smaller piece of a pill that is supposed to be MDMA, it certainly reagent tests like MDMA(Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin). It didn’t produce any interesting effects. I don’t care about MDMA too much though so I didn’t experiment with it too much. I only care about stimulants and their productivity/focus raising effects.

Early 2024
Local person sells me something he claims is amphetamine. Reagent tests consistent with amphetamine (Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin) but this amphetamine didn’t do anything to me. Another person tried this exact same amphetamine at the same time as me and he said it did get him high and made their jaw clench.

Tried something that was alleged to be cocaine at a party with other people and it produced no effects on me.

Here comes the stongest piece of evidence that what I have is actually methamphetamine. This year I met an experienced drug and stimulant user. And I let him(he tried meth before) try a smaller amount of my meth. He said the meth was stellar, really strong, and that he didn’t sleep for two days. This indicates that what I have contains dextro-methamphetamine(FTIR and color reagent tests cannot differentiate levo-methamphetamine and dextro-methamphetamine). So at this point I’m pretty sure that what I have is in fact meth and that it does not work on me.
One day I had the opportunity to try Concerta(methylphenidate) pills. One of them I took as is, the other two I crushed (to defeat the extended release mechanism) and then swallowed them. The crushed ones had all the weird layers that Concerta has so it’s definitely a genuine pill. And yeah they definitely work they give me some euphoria. But it felt like a very dirty euphoria and all in all the 4 hour high didn't feel that good. Felt pretty scatterbrained here too. And what followed the high was 48 hours of very bad mood and depression. Never felt that bad tbh.

Future:
I will answer any questions asked in this thread, and will provide updates.

Additional notes:
I am not taking any antipsychotics, antidepressants, SSRIs or similar. I have never taken antipsychotics, antidepressants, SSRIs or similar

Maybe exhaustive list of drugs I tried, listed by how confident I am they are the drug I think they are:
Caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, Pregabalin, concerta, weed, benzo ,methamphetamine, amphetamine, ketamine, MDMA

Expectations and the placebo effect definitely play a role in how we preceive the effects of drugs, but people say that methamphetamine is such a powerful euphoriant the effects should be unmistakable

Have you considered that maybe you just don't like stimulants? The scatterbrained uncomfortableness and general shit feel is pretty much exactly how I feel on something even as light as modafinil. Not sure if this specific thing would affect the metabolism of other stimulants, but I did have genetic testing done that explicitly said I would likely have "moderately reduced efficacy" of dexmethylphenidate and methylphenidate. So it could even be a genetic thing that's stopping you from getting much out of these drugs.

Caffeine never made me feel that way, but it also works in a very different way from other stimulants.

Last edited:
I think you probably just don’t get much euphoria from drugs. I get no euphoria at all from any downers. You ARE getting effects from stims, just not the ones you want. I also suspect you have atypical brain chemistry. Do you have any symptoms of ADD?

What’s your diet like? Do you get plenty of protein, ideally from animal sources? Do you sleep well? Exercise regularly? A healthy lifestyle really boosts the euphoria of drugs ime, especially stims.

Have you considered that maybe you just don't like stimulants? The scatterbrained uncomfortableness and general shit feel is pretty much exactly how I feel on something even as light as modafinil. Not sure if this specific thing would affect the metabolism of other stimulants, but I did have genetic testing done that explicitly said I would likely have "moderately reduced efficacy" of dexmethylphenidate and methylphenidate. So it could even be a genetic thing that's stopping you from getting much out of these drugs.

Caffeine never made me feel that way, but it also works in a very different way from other stimulants.
I think you probably just don’t get much euphoria from drugs. I get no euphoria at all from any downers. You ARE getting effects from stims, just not the ones you want. I also suspect you have atypical brain chemistry. Do you have any symptoms of ADD?

What’s your diet like? Do you get plenty of protein, ideally from animal sources? Do you sleep well? Exercise regularly? A healthy lifestyle really boosts the euphoria of drugs ime, especially stims.

So the first few times I tried cocaine it worked as intended and I liked it very much. Same with amphetamine the literally one time it worked. It's almost as if trying these drugs a few times made me develop some sort of super-tolerance where I now only get some side effects. Otherwise my diet, sleep is quite good. I exercise too.

I do have symptoms of ADHD which is what made me decide to take the drugs in the first place.

So the first few times I tried cocaine it worked as intended and I liked it very much. Same with amphetamine the literally one time it worked. It's almost as if trying these drugs a few times made me develop some sort of super-tolerance where I now only get some side effects. Otherwise my diet, sleep is quite good. I exercise too.

I do have symptoms of ADHD which is what made me decide to take the drugs in the first place.
Some people, especially those who are neurodivergent, seem to lose the magic of drugs very quickly. This happened with me and MDMA.

Strap in; this one's long… said the bishop to the nun. But by request, and shoutout to @Mandelin for asking a good question. Here's my best conjectures on the topic.

Yes you read that right. realatively pure,color reagent tested, FTIR tested, peer tested methamphetamine seems to produce almost no desireable effects on me. And neither does amphetamine.
Have you tested yourself empirically? That is to say: checked your heart rate / pulse, looked for eye dilation or tested your reflexes, that sorta thing. Just going from your subjective outlook is not the most reliable caliber.

Up until 2023 I rarely used drugs. The occasional alcohol and weed every few months. Maybe a little caffeine once a week.
How old are you?

Old friend from high school introduced me to something he says is cocaine.
Any reason why it wouldn't be?

We snort it and it definitely gives me a more or less typical cocaine effect.
"Typical" based on what you read? I mean this is your first time after all…

Euphoria, bit of jaw clenching, high pulse, hard to sleep for a few hours. Next day feeling a bit down. Not very hungry. In the following few months we meet every few weeks and do cocaine again. Sometimes it works on me sometimes it doesn’t work that well.
Coke by itself sucks ass, to me. I don't get much euphoria from it usually, sometimes none at all. I pretty much have to be drinking or doing something to take the edge off, otherwise it's an itchy, twitchy feeling and I hate it. But drunk it's kinda fun. Better than either drug by themselves though synergistically bad for your health.

I do some research on drugs on the internet and find out that there is this whole group of drugs called stimulants and that people use them to increase productivity.
They're used for a variety of reasons that can roughly be grouped into: productivity, recreational, and medicinal. Productivity stims include Ritalin (methylphenidate) & Focalin, 2-FMA, amphetamine sulfate, Adderall, Vyvanse, Dexedrine, phentermine, ephedrine, caffeine. Meanwhile recreational stims include: methamphetamine, methcathinone, 4-MMC, 3-MMC, other various substituted cathinone drugs, also α-PVP, MDPV, and various assorted pyrovalerone-class drugs, cocaine, and to a certain extent we could include MDMA/MDA/MDx drugs as well as DOx psychedelics that are chemically amphetamines still and inarguably much more recreational than productive. Anything prescribed by a doctor and causing CNS stimulation counts as medicinal. This would include steroids & such.

As someone that has real truble getting anything done this sounded really good. I have 15 books that I want to read but just can’t find the motivation to do so.
All you have to do is start. It's like working out. I hate the idea until and I drag myself to the gym but once I actually start to work out, I feel good, and then later I'm really glad I did it. Reading is hard. Causes most people to pass out because it's more challenging for the brain than I think a lot of people realize. Taxes dat ass, and ppl fall asleep, right? But keep at it and pretty soon you'll be able to stay awake if you want late into the night reading to where you have to set the book down to get some actual sleep, goddamn it.

So I find out that amphetamine is the typical productivity/ADHD drug and ask my friend to procure me some amphetamine (here also known as “speed”). He gets me the amphetamine. I dry it of the solvents, I acetone wash it.
Right from the start, that sounds fuckin' awful, no offense, but what in the actual fuck, man? You have to dry the shit of solvents, still? What are we about to smoke PCP in The Bronx or something? That shit sounds heinous. But, as an American, my firsthand exposure to street speed paste is exactly zero, so I'll reserve some judgment other than to say: yuck. I trust that it's charming somehow in other ways. We have Adderall in the States (usually) and meth, so we're maybe a little spoiled in that sense.

And I carefully take a small dose orally and this produces no noticeable effect. I increase the dosage and take it orally again, again no effect. Keep trying for a couple of days and start snorting it. No effect.Couple of days pass.
Maybe you're dosing it too small at first and teasing up a tolerance the whole time? Idk.

It’s now the twentieth of April 2023 and I snort a line in the morning. Half an hour later it mysteriously starts working (pretty weird because snorting is supposed to have a quick onset).
Not necessarily. Quicker than oral ingestion… There are mitigating factors along the way. Regardless it makes me wonder if it's first-pass metabolism related for you. Everyone has a different enzyme profile, you know, and it changes over the course of your life.

I get a lot done, clean the room, mow the lawn, all while clearly being a bit euphoric. Felt pretty happy because I finally found something that can make me productive and because now I though it’s real amphetamine after all. Decide to give it a couple of days and then try it again. And now it doesn’t work again, and never worked again after that.
How many times did you try again after that and what was your route of administration? What were your doses?

Start thinking maybe that wasn’t amphetamine after all and decide to get amphetamine from a different source. So I get my new batch of illicitly manufactured amphetamine and long story short it doesn’t work.
I feel like you might be leaving out key details here inadvertently.

At lower does I don’t feel anything,
It's kind of a subtle thing, TBH. For the most part you feel like yourself, when you're on the right dose, just with a bit of a mood boost, a bit more energy, drive, focus, and also at times easily agitated or quick to anger… But it's not super pronounced, any of this, until higher doses.

at higher doses I feel scatterbrained and uncomfortable, a bit like I drank too much coffee. No euphoria. No compulsion to do things. No increase in productivity. Now at these higher doses the uncomfortable feeling lasts about 30 minutes or something.
Yeah that's more-or-less what it's like when you overdo it. Some people feel a boost in libido, too, and will marathon fap in this state. Thankfully that's not the outcome for you here (I hope), so just remember: it could always be worse, lol

Meet with my friend for the last time. We do what he claims is cocaine again.
What do you mean by that exactly? I'm confused. It seems like you're suspicious of your friend's shit, no? Why though? What indication do you have that it's not what he says it is? I'm dubious now.

Doesn’t do anything to me. He says it got him high though. I quit trying cocaine at this point.
Yeah that's mad sus', kid.

Decide to get some ketamine. The ketamine works as expected. But not a big fan of that substance or downers in general.
Fair enough.

At this point I have a growing suspicion amphetamine maybe just doesn’t work on me.
But I thought you said it worked at higher doses?

But perhaps a similar substances might. I get myself something sold as methamphetamine.
Why are you being cryptic again???

meth being the substance that it is I approach it carefully. First lower oral doses which didn’t produce an effect. Then higher oral doses, and higher snorted doses. I also tried the sublingual route. The higher doses produced an effect similar to the higher amphetamine doses. It makes me jittery, scatterbrained, uncomfortable, makes me think in circles a bit if that makes sense.
Yeah, sounds like it works. That's what happens when you dose too much.

These effects would last about 2 hours (shorter than methamphetamine’s effects usually last). Then the effects would wear of and during that period I would sometimes feel a bit drowsy even.
I'm thinking you're maybe metabolizing shit weirdly. Idk… what doses are we talking?

The highest doses must’ve been 70mg but I didn’t weight it just eyeballing here.
—.—
GTFOH with that shit, man… Come on, bro.

Usually I took it a eariler in the day to avoid possible insomnia, which I sometimes noticed and sometimes didn't.
Try smoking it in an oil burner aka: a pookie, glass dick, meth pipe, etc. Use a torch lighter; don't skimp on that part. Vape some crystal meth with that bad boy and get back to me.

I get the Marquis, Mecke and Mandelin color reagent tests, and test the amphetamine and methamphetamine, and they test as they should.
Then why are you still so dubious of these drugs?

I have the meth FTIR tested, and it tests as meth should.
Dammit, man

I try a fake pressed XANAX pill, it works almost too well, I black out. Not a big fan of benzos or downers in general though.
Ok, so you react to something obviously per normal.

I try a smaller piece of a pill that is supposed to be MDMA, it certainly reagent tests like MDMA(Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin).
You're very suspicious of others I noticed…

It didn’t produce any interesting effects.
I see. I didn't get high at all the first time I took MDMA. Same for weed, LSD, and DMT. It's like my brain had to acquire the pattern or something.

I don’t care about MDMA too much though so I didn’t experiment with it too much.
Pity. It's a genuinely good drug when used sparingly.

I only care about stimulants and their productivity/focus raising effects.
Hence why you took that Xanax… ;)

Local person sells me something he claims is amphetamine.
There you go again with the mistrust. Who are your sources, man? What kind of motley characters do you associate with? Lol

Reagent tests consistent with amphetamine (Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin) but this amphetamine didn’t do anything to me. Another person tried this exact same amphetamine at the same time as me and he said it did get him high and made their jaw clench.
You did the same amounts via the same route of administration? You're both male and of the same height, weight, and ethnic background? You had the same or similar lunches that day? See what I'm driving at here?

Tried something that was alleged to be cocaine at a party with other people and it produced no effects on me.
"Alleged". :LOL: You're a funny joker.

Here comes the stongest piece of evidence that what I have is actually methamphetamine.
Unlike you, I'm not doubting the product.

This year I met an experienced drug and stimulant user. And I let him(he tried meth before) try a smaller amount of my meth. He said the meth was stellar, really strong, and that he didn’t sleep for two days.
Did he use the word "stellar"? It's a good one. No BS, I'm being serious – I like that word. :)

This indicates that what I have contains dextro-methamphetamine(FTIR and color reagent tests cannot differentiate levo-methamphetamine and dextro-methamphetamine).
Your friend's reaction to the meth does not indicate anything about the optical isomeric makeup of the meth in question.

So at this point I’m pretty sure that what I have is in fact meth and that it does not work on me.
Doubt this is true. You just need to have that first breakthrough buzz on it when you're like, Holy Shit. It's also a subtle drug of smoothness, believe it or not. It isn't popular because it's unpleasant, not when you're using it as directed.

One day I had the opportunity to try Concerta(methylphenidate) pills.
Yuck.

One of them I took as is, the other two I crushed (to defeat the extended release mechanism) and then swallowed them. The crushed ones had all the weird layers that Concerta has so it’s definitely a genuine pill. And yeah they definitely work they give me some euphoria.
They're not meant to be euphoric. Drugs designated for productivity are designed to avoid euphoria. Moreover, if you say you only want productivity why do you keep looking for euphoria? Be honest with yourself and ask: what am I really looking for?

But it felt like a very dirty euphoria and all in all the 4 hour high didn't feel that good.
Yeah no shit. I can't stand methylphenidate or its substituted analogs and homologs. It's a shit feeling.

And what followed the high was 48 hours of very bad mood and depression. Never felt that bad tbh.
Well now that might've been a you thing, not so much a methylphenidate thing. I mean, maybe, maybe not. Regardless, the drug sucks, and I think we agree on that. It inhibits the reuptake of dopamine and adrenaline, but not serotonin, basically. Cocaine hits all three monoamines, but… it sucks in my opinion too. However, it comes closer to being euphoric than Ritalin/Concerta/Focalin's punk ass ever did.

Additional notes:
I am not taking any antipsychotics, antidepressants, SSRIs or similar. I have never taken antipsychotics, antidepressants, SSRIs or similar
Are you on any medications, prescription or OTC, at all?

Maybe exhaustive list of drugs I tried, listed by how confident I am they are the drug I think they are:
You're way too paranoid about that, but better safe than sorry I guess. OK, go ahead…

Caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, Pregabalin, concerta, weed, benzo ,methamphetamine, amphetamine, ketamine, MDMA
You need to throw in some psychedelics and pry open that third eye, bruvva

Expectations and the placebo effect definitely play a role in how we preceive the effects of drugs, but people say that methamphetamine is such a powerful euphoriant the effects should be unmistakable
Yeah that drug is so highly sensationalized I would take anything you hear about it with a serious grain of hydrochloride salt. Generally speaking though, if you take enough, it's a guarantee you'll feel it. I promise you couldn't survive a high enough standard lethal dose according to it's LD50. Note: this is NOT a challenge, lol; pls continue to use responsibly.

I say change up your RoA perhaps. Eventually you'll catch the hang of the drug's high. Sounds like you've eliminated most of the other variables and like you have actual product too by my estimate. Hang in there. You'll get it yet. Good luck, bruv!

Last edited: