• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do some people (like me) cough a real lot when smoking (and any solution)?

Hmm, that's weird.

It is true that a whole lot of my friends who I always smoked weed with throughout the years who don't cough smoke cigs whereas I don't, in fact, most of them were/are smokers.

Why do you think that is?

Is it that tobacco smokers are used to not inhaling so strongly because that just hurts too much when smoking tobacco?

I think it's more because smokers are used to have smoke in their lungs.

It grows in my area so I just collect the leaves, dry them and then crumble a tad into my joints or pipe.

Also cured my asthma, stuff is awesome

It grows in my area so I just collect the leaves, dry them and then crumble a tad into my joints or pipe.

Also cured my asthma, stuff is awesome
Ok, sounds like it could work in any number of ways.

Not sure if it grows in my area, but I think I'll get some and try it. Not sure if I'll buy the leaves to smoke, tea or tincture, maybe a couple of them.

How do you dry the leaves? Just like, leave them out in the sun?

I think it's more because smokers are used to have smoke in their lungs.
Yeah, but I think they also take their hits more carefully.

Like I have hurt myself some of the very rare times I've smoked tobacco cause I hit everything like it's weed, whereas tobacco smokers take normal drags all day long so they probably smoke weed a bit differently, and they don't hold it in a long time like I and many do with weed.

It's probably a combo of the two.

Just lay them on your counter for a day or two. Or you can put them on your deck in the sun for about 8 hours. Or 2 hours in a food dehydrator

Does he have asthma?

Cause all I'm saying is there's certainly something different about some of us who cough that much and others barely cough at all.

I mean there's always vaping and edibles, and I like both, but it would certainly be nice to cough less when smoking cause I also like to smoke.

There are also just herbs that aren't as harsh. For example, Indian Warrior (Pedicularis Densiflora) which gives you a very mild high. Not many people know about it, but it never makes me cough. It's interesting when mixed with weed. It kind of counteracts the negative effects of weed like anxiety but also seems to take something away from the high.
Idk I don't think he has asthma

I read today that THC is TRPV2 TRPV 3 and TRPV4-agonist and CBD same+TRPV1. TRPVrs are responsible of many things, signaling pain and heat being important. I then read and at least TRPV1 and TRPV4 are present in lungs and there was something more receptors and affinities but I don't care to check out all facts.

I guess this can be crucial in that sting weed is known, who knows?

Salutations Mycophile,

>>...any solution?

Using combustion, no. Yet i know there was a solution for me in vaporizers but they're not all made equal and chances are you won't find any like mine as it's Semi-DiY, which is the name of my photos ("challenge") album, in case this could sound appealing somehow. If not lets say coughing used to ruin my day while now it's a non-issue and 1 toke provides 5~6 satisfying exhales under morning sunrays at times, playing with it, enjoying the moment - a day & night transition compared to before when i used to play with my HerbalAire then Arizer's V-Tower, all in vain.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

This sort of reminds me about some chewing gum i used to keep in my vaporist kit (long ago...): silencing a symptom ain't actually equivalent to addressing its cause correctly.

after no tokes for a week, and just water soluble THC, but not even that for 3 days, I had small tokes from a vape last night without any lung load.
and terrific high!
I guess when I inhale deeply, expanding my lungs beyond normal, the sticky THC stuff goes into the little-used bronchi tubes, and it sits there irritating me;
but if I just take shallow tokes of this strong vape THC cart that I bought 2 months ago, then it does not bug me after at all.
With small tokes the juice never goes to the little used bronchi and never gets stuck there either.
@Dreamflyer - I see you have parallel findings.

I have asthma, so I try to avoid regular weed smoking. Only do it once in a while. The rest of the time I opt for edibles. But I’ve smoked SO MUCH shit over the years that I’m pretty sure my lungs are just used to it: weed, crack, heroin, meth, etc. if it can be smoked I probably smoked it. Even had some genuine opium once. Now that was cool

The rest of the time it's just how your throat/lungs are. Some people are just more sensitive.
100 percent true.

Some people just have weaker lungs that are not as resilient against breathing in the smoke that regardless of product/substance is carcinogenic.

What are the symptoms of weak lungs? Obviously coughing like a old coal miner every time you take a hit is a dead give away. Some say heavy smoking first thing in the morning is a one way ticket to a oxygen tank due to emphysema and chronic bronchitis.

Things to look out for
  • Trouble breathing.
  • Shortness of breath.
  • Feeling like you're not getting enough air.
  • Decreased ability to exercise.
  • A cough that won't go away.
  • Coughing up blood or mucus.
  • Pain or discomfort when breathing in or out.

Listen to your body, I know I did 12 years ago when I quit cigs and bongs of weed. Within 3 months of quitting I was a new person

\/ \/ \/ Look into these \/ \/ \/

as we age our tissues lose some elasticity, and the power to recover from injury without scarring.

thc oils are heavy and sticky.

no matter if smoked or vaped, at body temperature the lungs become coated with stickiness, and the smaller bronchial tubes can actually seal up for a while -it could take over a week to absorb all the sticky intake from a single amazing vape toke leaving the lungs free. and open again.
In the meantime, forest fires and dust from car tires make breathing more difficult for all of us these days.

oral and particularly water soluble versions of THC are way better for your lungs, and almost as exciting as smoking the drug.
What's an example of an"oral or water soluble" version of THC and do you vape that or what?

I'm in NY where it's legal now but I have never seen those products.

Do you make them? I'm not good at making shit lol.

Salutations Mycophile,

>>...any solution?

Using combustion, no. Yet i know there was a solution for me in vaporizers but they're not all made equal and chances are you won't find any like mine as it's Semi-DiY, which is the name of my photos ("challenge") album, in case this could sound appealing somehow. If not lets say coughing used to ruin my day while now it's a non-issue and 1 toke provides 5~6 satisfying exhales under morning sunrays at times, playing with it, enjoying the moment - a day & night transition compared to before when i used to play with my HerbalAire then Arizer's V-Tower, all in vain.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️
You didn't find the HerbalAire was good enough?

I find that on low temperatures it doesn't make me cough much and I think it's pretty good.

You really coughed a lot from the HerbalAire?

I don't know what you mean by "semi-DIY" but if what you mean is you rigged or updated a vaporizer on your own Myciver style then I don't know how to do that.

Buddhatea has various water soluble CBD teas and they are very bioavailable. I have a chamomile version that is noticeably more relaxing than regular chamomile tea. I'm not sure the process for how this is created but I'm sure THC would be the same, though edible THC is very easily absorbed whereas edible CBD has some of the most pathetic B.A of any drug (literally 6%, so edible CBD is basically a scam lol).

As for why some people cough and others don't I have no idea. I've never been a cougher, I get a tickle that might make me cough once but I don't have to. The only times I ever really coughed were some of my first times smoking and it probably had more to do with using tinfoil and shit.

A gigantic dab can sometimes make me cough but most of the time it won't, even if I haven't smoked/vaped in awhile. Everyone is just different. I think someone who smokes ciggs is probably more likely to cough badly because their cilia are much more damaged than just a pot smoker, but that's just a guess based on friends I know who smoke ciggs are cough extremely badly from any hit of weed.

100 percent true.

Some people just have weaker lungs that are not as resilient against breathing in the smoke that regardless of product/substance is carcinogenic.

What are the symptoms of weak lungs? Obviously coughing like a old coal miner every time you take a hit is a dead give away. Some say heavy smoking first thing in the morning is a one way ticket to a oxygen tank due to emphysema and chronic bronchitis.

Things to look out for
  • Trouble breathing.
  • Shortness of breath.
  • Feeling like you're not getting enough air.
  • Decreased ability to exercise.
  • A cough that won't go away.
  • Coughing up blood or mucus.
  • Pain or discomfort when breathing in or out.

Listen to your body, I know I did 12 years ago when I quit cigs and bongs of weed. Within 3 months of quitting I was a new person

\/ \/ \/ Look into these \/ \/ \/

I don't have most of these symptoms.

i exercise hard and have good lung capacity when tested with a "pocket peak" by my doctor. I mean I have my own and can hit the highest level on it. It's basically a thing you breath into to see how hard you can exhale.

I do have asthma, and I get a tight chest at times and will use my inhaler, but most of these other symptoms I don't get unless i am like smoking weed non-stop for long periods and then it becomes an issue, but these days I only smoke every few days.

I think for whatever reason, basically probably my asthma, I just don't react well to the smoke.