• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do i love weed but hat alcohol?

S-Dog

Bluelighter
To make this short,

I've had times where I've smoked WAY too much weed to the point where I thought I was going to die, and yet I didn't regret it. Alcohol on the other hand... I can't stand. 99% of the time when I drink I regret it with every fiber of my being and I don't even consider myself to be particularly drunk. I hate the way it makes me feel. the only reason I even consider drinking is because weed is illegal in my state and alcohol is my only option. It makes me miserable for hours, makes me throw up and doesn't even provide an escape. When I drink I feel mostly clear headed but it makes my body feel like I have the flue. weed makes me happy and helps me think through my problems. alcohol just makes me hate existence and makes me sick... I guess I don't know what I'm asking. I just feel alone in this. Weed is hard for me to get, I'm depressed all the time and have no where to turn other than something I hate and inevitably regret. Alcohol is a shit drug and I guess I want to know if anyone else feels the same?

Alcohol metabolizes to a few toxins in your body. It can definitely make you feel sick and stuff as you described. Some people have more enzymes genetically and tolerate it better naturally.

I honestly wish I had the same problem as you. I'm an alcoholic :(

Although I will say that every time I drink I feel slightly "sick" or "off" especially if I just drink a beer or two and then stop. People like me just drink until they black out.

weed is one of the least toxic substances on earth, and is totally different from alcohol. Sorry it's hard to source for you, but if you ask around (in the US) it's everywhere, even in illegal states.

Last edited:
if you ask around (in the US) it's everywhere, even in illegal states.

oh i can find it, but i moved recently and the only weed i can find in my new state is garbage and plunged me into depression and made me want to kill myself... that being said... i would still take that over my best experiences with alcohol

the only weed i can find in my new state is garbage and plunged me into depression and made me want to kill myself...

... I'm sorry it's that bad? damn.. you got anything else going on?

maybe check out delta-8-THC vape carts. They are legal in all states (for now). Gets you pretty damn high for something legal.. (in the US).

... I'm sorry it's that bad? damn.. you got anything else going on?

maybe check out delta-8-THC vape carts. They are legal in all states (for now). Gets you pretty damn high for something legal.. (in the US).
i do have other things going on. I'm depressed as shit and have a lot of personal problems going on. I know that effects how you receive any given drug. but my hatred for alcohol goes back over a decade. It just makes me deeply uncomfortable and sick and I regret drinking almost every time. It's weirdly frustrating because i wish i could enjoy it because i wish i had ANYTHING that made me happy even if it's chemical. but i can't. i hate it and no matter how bad i feel alcohol will make it 1000% worse. Weed if pretty much the only thing that makes me happy and I just simply don't have access to good weed. The weed i can get, like i said, just made me think about death and suicided but i still walked away from it feeling like i gained something. I never have that experience with alcohol. I just feel tired, violently ill and mislabel with no upside

i do have other things going on. I'm depressed as shit and have a lot of personal problems going on.

I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way. Was asking if you are into other drugs have other connections.

What do you mean certain weed made you think about death and suicide? It had that effect on you... or it was just that bad?

I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way. Was asking if you are into other drugs have other connections.

What do you mean certain weed made you think about death and suicide? It had that effect on you... or it was just that bad?
different strains of weed function differently. I've had weed make me intensely euphoric, happy, content and thoughtful. I've also had weed that was much more down, relaxed and quiet. but the weed where i live now is just dark. Some of it certainly has to do with my state of mind but this weed sucks the joy out of everything. usually weed will crank my enjoyment of music through the roof for instance... not this stuff. it made me not care, made me even more depressed and made me think about death. like i said, it was dark and i've never had that experience with weed before

The thing for me. It took me like 15 years before I understood alcohol. I hated it, even though in your face 24/7.

Then drank for 10. Too much towards the end. I found some happiness up in liquor I can say that much. However it costs too much for the mind, and will destroy your body. And then when you can't have it, its not cool. Also will fuck up just about anything in your life.

And once you hit up the alcohol withdrawal scene, you may not want to drink ever again. And why I no longer drink. I'm good, ain't trying to mess with that. After being on the other side, its hard to go back to the good side. Actually impossible I believe.

It matter a lot what you drink, though I would feel sick lots until I figured what worked for me. Never drank much when I was younger. But once you become a drunk it don't matter so much haha. Try some light beers.

I always felt good off weed. And not having it isn't a big deal. They are 2 different drugs. Alcohol is really poison, though. Even in my younger years would sometimes smell alcohol, even a beer cart and get nauseated. Its no doubt you get some of those feelings since it is actually a poison.

Last edited:
and yeah it matters what you drink, too

cheap alcohol will make you feel like shit a lot faster than the fancy expensive shit

The thing for me. It took me like 15 years before I understood alcohol. I hated it, even though in your face 24/7.

Then drank for 10. Too much towards the end. I found some happiness up in liquor I can say that much. However it costs too much for the mind, and will destroy your body. And then when you can't have it, its not cool. Also will fuck up just about anything in your life.

And once you hit up the alcohol withdrawal scene, you may not want to drink ever again. And why I no longer drink. I'm good, ain't trying to mess with that. After being on the other side, its hard to go back to the good side. Actually impossible I believe.

It matter a lot what you drink, though I would feel sick lots until I figured what worked for me. Never drank much when I was younger. But once you become a drunk it don't matter so much haha. Try some light beers.

I always felt good off weed. And not having it isn't a big deal. They are 2 different drugs. Alcohol is really poison, though. Even in my younger years would sometimes smell alcohol, even a beer cart and get nauseated. Its no doubt you get some of those feelings since it is actually a poison.

I've very cautions of alcohol because of it's addictive quality but sometimes I really just need SOMETHING and every time i give alcohol a shot i immediately regret it. I like beer but i like it for it's flavor. getting drunk on it sucks just as much as anything else.

I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. weed id pretty much the only thing that's ever helped me through hard times but it's hard to get. alcohol on the other hand is easy to get and is enticing because of that but doesn't help shit...

Not sure where you are from, but you will find hookups.

I went through the same shit when I moved once. Took me like a month before I found a decent hookup and the previous 30 days were filled with some fucked up shit. I was lucky enough the guy in the room next to me would smoke me down from time to time. But was going 4-5 days without it at times, and was seriously getting more pissed by the day. Was literally getting thoughts of saying fuck it and moving back home. Found some crackhead walking by the motel and he scored me an ounce of the biggest crap ever. Still have a pic of it. Was like pure dirt. And smell liked gasoline. Paid way too much for a gram several times. Got ripped off several times. Bought some shit to this day I don't know what it was. You just have to keep looking. Takes time. Eventually had 100 hookups down there.

Also darknet will work for weed. Also plenty of places that will mail to a non legal state. What I would do in 2020....

Try drinking small amounts of mead. It has different effects from other alcoholic beverages in my opinion.

smoking pot and drinking fire water - both similarly act quickly to dissolve some tension, and are equally valid, but when I get some good cannabis, I have very low interest in alcoholic things except to tease my mouth with a burning fluid taste.

beer, however, I think of as a rinse while eating that may kick your but if you rinse too much. I rarely go for it unless I have a hamburger.

as a kid I loved wine at seders or parties, but it was a joke, kids doing silly things: I remember adding things like ice-cream and pickles to pop and wine to make sickening intoxicant elixirs.

and there you have it, what is the most appropriate intoxicant for the moment of celebration? or self medication during dire times.