• Mental Health Problems

Votes: 86 23.8%
  • Physical Health Problems

Votes: 21 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 46 12.7%

• Total voters
Curiosity as a young teen. Had no idea where that road would take me though

First tried weed when I was about 11 years old. We stole it from my mates older sister out of her desk draw. Started smoking weed full time when I was about 14. It started off as curiosity, mainly because I've always had an enlarged sense of adventure.

When I was a kid my older cousin used to watch me sometimes. He shot heroin and used to do it in front of me. It never turned me off in fact I used to get excited watching him. A few times I begged him to hit me up and he actually came close one time but said I was too young. When I finally met a guy who did it in high sschool I jumped at the chance.

severe physical pain (my oxy dependendence/addiction). Before that shits and giggles - something to make reailty better or just plain parrrtay!

The first drug I used was hydrocodone for severe pain. By the time I was 14, I was having severe migraines every day. I was unable to function. I could barely walk from them and could not eat due to the nausea. They were a factor in my first two suicide attempts at age 14. After the second attempt they found a large arachnoid cyst or mega cisterna magna in my brain. I was also having lots of migraine auras and did not understand what was happening. I thought I was going blind. The neurologist diagnosed severe migraines and gave me hydrocodone to treat them. I rarely used it for anything other than headaches until after I was 18.

The first time I tripped, it was because I was suicidal and I wanted to have a really bad trip to push me over the edge. I had a really bad trip but my depression evaporated as it was wearing off and I did not feel any more depression for about two months.

Salutations everyone,

I replied "Stress" because my affair with hashish began during a period when i needed to relax. My hashish smoking habit is over since 2007, my initiation to vaporism dates back to February 15, 2011 precisely... It's a date i won't forget because i'm reborned that day, i was incomplete before! Perhaps a good idea for the next yet-to-come thread would read:

Why did you stop consuming your favourite substance?

=D

Because my father who at the time was my idol/best friend started offering me pain pills and xanax when I was 13. I figured if my awesome dad was doing them they couldnt be too bad for you. Boy was I wrong.

Had a long time friend over and I decided to smoke the shit with her. She never asked me to try it, I just wanted to try it for my own reasons. I wanted to experience an alternate reality.

curiosity. at first it was weed and psychedelics. it wasnt about getting 'fucked up' i was an arrogant high schooler who thought he was better than all the 'hedonists'

5 years and a few shots of heroin later, here i am

I was 14, saw my close friends getting high, thought it looked neat, and wanted to feel like they did.

Voted curiosity & peer pressure/influence. The peer pressure doesn't really apply to me, but I was definitely influenced by the fact that others were doing it. (I say no peer pressure because none of those people who smoked were my friends at the time, I wasn't really exposed to it either until I sought it out myself.)

Why Do You Get High? I want to hear why you like getting high?

Why do you get high? Did you first use because of peer pressure and then you just got hooked? Do you maybe use to help you function better at work? Do you use to help chronic pain? Do you like getting high and feel its like a vacation from everyday stress or are you like me and you seek out the high from drugs to self-medicate? I started using drugs because I heard from the media and such that people often use drugs to try and cure or treat mental problems. I thought it would be worth trying since I had depression so bad. Now I mostly use because I enjoy the feeling and I still personally feel that using drugs helps my depression better than anti-depressants. Yeah I'm very aware that drugs wont CURE my depression but they help make it less noticeable which works for me! So if you would like, share why you like drugs. I'm interested to hear different peoples opinions. Also share which drugs you prefer! I prefer crack above all else.

i just enjoy it mostly; makes me feel good to know that no matter how bad shit gets i can alter my mood if not the surroundings. I think i'm more hooked to being a drug addict as an identity than being a drug addict myself. I feel like drugs defined my life, my path, my future and will continue to do so for better or worse.

initially though, i was curious about spirituality and lucid dreaming which led me to salvia, then dxm, then 2c-i, LSD, mushrooms, 5-meo-dmt and so on for many years. Then i just had to try opiates, benzos and strong stims. Those are the drugs that i mainly use to stay functional, not even for recreation so much, just so i don't feel like shooting myself.

so a mixture of curiosity and self medication. I self medicate and use psychedelics to either have fun or resolve deeper issues.

one tip; don't listen to the media about anything. Self medication is only possible when you are very familiar with the drug and have controls set up in place in case you lose control. SSRIs won't cure your depression either, so they are just shitty antidepressants, things like morphine at least work for a while. But of couse after a while, they start to make you depressed, funny how that happens.

i like drugs because i can alter my state of mind or consciousness with a substance, i find it fascinating. A strong opiate rush is what i think an Olympic athlete winning gold feels like afterwards. To be able to get those feelings by manipulating levels of neurotransmitters or imitating them or however each drug works, is also fascinating to me.

Why do you get high? Did you first use because of peer pressure and then you just got hooked? Do you maybe use to help you function better at work? Do you use to help chronic pain? Do you like getting high and feel its like a vacation from everyday stress or are you like me and you seek out the high from drugs to self-medicate? I started using drugs because I heard from the media and such that people often use drugs to try and cure or treat mental problems. I thought it would be worth trying since I had depression so bad. Now I mostly use because I enjoy the feeling and I still personally feel that using drugs helps my depression better than anti-depressants. Yeah I'm very aware that drugs wont CURE my depression but they help make it less noticeable which works for me! So if you would like, share why you like drugs. I'm interested to hear different peoples opinions. Also share which drugs you prefer! I prefer crack above all else.

I'm going to merge this in with a current thread on the topic. You can also find some other similar threads by tying in 'why do you use drugs' or 'why do you get high' in the google bluelight search-bar on the top left of the page.

Curiosity.

I tried Vicodin first. My mom had a bottle she got for when she broke her hand. I overheard her saying something to my dad like "I'm not going to take the Vicodin" and she forgot it existed. I don't even know why she filled it. Anyways, I jacked the bottle from her medicine cabinet. There were around 60 pills there if I remember correctly of 5/500's. I started with one and moved up.

After that I started to get really curios about drugs. Tried weed soon after by trading a friend 10 Vicodin for a gram. Pretty much - the rest is history.

I'm going to merge this in with a current thread on the topic. You can also find some other similar threads by tying in 'why do you use drugs' or 'why do you get high' in the google bluelight search-bar on the top left of the page.

Thanks, Tommy!