• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why Christianity is a false religion

If someone comes up with something so specific, I think it's okay to ask for evidence. You tell me God sent Jesus to die for my sins and I have to believe in him or spend eternity in hell, I think the only reasonable response is "How do you know?"
I like the Agnostic approach here. Don’t participate in the institutional religion because of all the mumbo jumbo and hypocrisy but live your life according to good Christian values just in case it turns out they were right along.

Another very reasonable approach would be to not engage them and silently know that you are free to believe whatever you feel is true.

I usually ask myself, what greater good comes from challenging anyone who is engaged in ideological beliefs. Usually the answer is none.

I like the Agnostic approach here. Don’t participate in the institutional religion because of all the mumbo jumbo and hypocrisy but live your life according to good Christian values just in case it turns out they were right along.

don't you think God will know you were just hedging your bets?

Another very reasonable approach would be to not engage them and silently know that you are free to believe whatever you feel is true.

I usually ask myself, what greater good comes from challenging anyone who is engaged in ideological beliefs. Usually the answer is none.

For me the greater good means not remaining silent and speaking out against someone who is trying to indoctrinate me and others with harmful beliefs. If you believe in God, that's cool. But don't come up to me telling me *I* need salvation or that *my* lifestyle will send me to eternal damnation. If you come to me, I'm not engaging you, you are engaging me.

don't you think God will know you were just hedging your bets?
I'm fairly sure if there is a God s/he's going to be making judgements on patterns of behaviour over time rather than demanding you show your membership card. At any rate, even the Catholics have now acknowledged that the unbaptised and other non-members of the Church don't go to hell.

The Bible is fact.
To you maybe. I stick to reality.

Honestly the idea of any "one true religion" is disgusting and revolting. Not that far from Hitler considering the BILLIONS of innocent souls brutally massacred in the name of "Jesus"

Honestly don't even speak to me of God if you think the bible is the only truth. I'd call you a fool at best of times.

Honestly the idea of any "one true religion" is disgusting and revolting. Not that far from Hitler considering the BILLIONS of innocent souls brutally massacred in the name of "Jesus"

Honestly don't even speak to me of God if you think the bible is the only truth. I'd call you a fool at best of times.

Not entirely sure what you're arguing, but hitler almost certainly didn't give a crap about religion.

Not entirely sure what you're arguing, but hitler almost certainly didn't give a crap about religion.
quote „Indem die Regierung entschlossen ist, die politische und moralische Entgiftung unseres öffentlichen Lebens durchzuführen, schafft und siegelt sie die Voraussetzungen für ein wirklich tief inneres religiöses Leben.“

"As our government is resolved to commence the political and moral detoxification of our public life, it creates and seals the conditions for a truly deep inner religious life"

While Hitler wasn't very religious, he gave a lot of crap about religion, actually. He saw it as a tool of stimulating the populus and keeping them entertained & willing of more work. In a lot of his speeches he argues with Christian values, etc, he definitely was an avowed Christian, but with Hitler ofc every move is pre-calculated

I was only talking about his own beliefs.

Not to compare Hitler to Trump, but I'm gonna compare Hitler to Trump...

Trump almost certainly isn't religious, he doesn't seem to read the Bible, he probably doesn't believe in God, but he uses religion because it's politically useful.

Hitler was similar, many politicians have been. It's often politically useful to pretend to be or make use of religion even if you aren't truly an adherent yourself.

Not to compare Hitler to Trump, but I'm gonna compare Hitler to Trump...
:D You're fun

Yeah, I absolutely agree about that, he definitely wasn't religious himself. It's all just an act,
especially considering the Nazis hunted down priests who spoke against the NS regime, which were a bunch

Well Nazism had all the trappings of an ersatz religion. Both in the way to was organised and managed and the way your average German bought into it.

Well Nazism had all the trappings of an ersatz religion. Both in the way to was organised and managed and the way your average German bought into it.
The NSDAP certainly officiated as an Ersatzreligion, I give you that. People had to have a portrait of Hitler in their home, and own a copy of Mein Kampf, that was the law. This is essentially the crucifix and a Bible, very smart movements.

Also, Germans are just not that religious really. The Romans tried to convert us for ages, and we still celebrate our Pagan beer festivals & dance around a huge bonfire every year :D If our leaders talked about God like the US leaders do, we would lock them in a mental institution and find someone else

Call me a fool, I don't care.

The NSDAP certainly officiated as an Ersatzreligion, I give you that. People had to have a portrait of Hitler in their home, and own a copy of Mein Kampf, that was the law. This is essentially the crucifix and a Bible, very smart movements.

Also, Germans are just not that religious really. The Romans tried to convert us for ages, and we still celebrate our Pagan beer festivals & dance around a huge bonfire every year :D If our leaders talked about God like the US leaders do, we would lock them in a mental institution and find someone else
I have a copy of Mein Kampf and a picture of the Fuhrer.