• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why Christianity is a false religion

Gormur

Bluelighter
To start off, according to Christianity: if you believe in God and his commandments you're a good person. You don't need to believe that a human was the son of G-d or whatever. If you do then you're (just) a Christian. Basically it's pure idolatrous, ignorance

I get frustrated when people I know won't see the truth, you know like at least enough to admit their moral double standards. It's lonely to see the truth and live it by myself but at least I know what's going on and I know what I believe and why

Thoughts?

But God doesn't suffer. He's a divine being. Humans suffer because they chose to. There's no transference of suffering from human to deity, unless one follows Christianity but then one also has to rewrite history in the OT which doesn't make sense; okay, it doesn't make sense to me and it's blasphemous

It's like saying that Jews are wrong but we're right. The truth is Jews are right because they're the chosen people and wrote the OT. Christians come from a different tradition and much later on. I'm not really starting a debate or positing an argument. I'm just trying to understand why Christianity thinks it's the only way yet Judaism doesn't. Maybe somebody has some insight into this,
Cheers :)

I dunno to be honest.

I dunno why there has to be any prophet that allegedly is a son or messenger from God at all.

I cant figure out why God would make all people and just have a group of them as chosen ones.

God might suffer from various ailments even if he us a God, he does seem to be a bad tempered asshole and that's just from the Torah. What if his dalliance with humans is one of many civilisations he tinkers with, maybe he gets bored, who knows?

Maybe Christianity exists because people back thrn thought God is too much of an asshole and preferred to follow the path began by Jesus's congregation. Apparently he was quite an energetic charismatic dude and challenged the narrative of the time.

If this is what some prefer then its not false to them, just something they relate to better.

But God doesn't suffer. He's a divine being. Humans suffer because they chose to.

Ah yet again the metaphor of god as an abusive drunk father works again.

You suffer cause you choose too! You go to hell because you choose too! It's your fault I hurt you why did you make me!.

God is such a petty abusive dickhole. That's not blasphemy, that's the old testament.

Well I wasn't talking about what I believe. I'm trying to figure out why Christians believe their way is the only way. It's not very biblical of them. They must be twisting i.e blaspheming through poor translations and misquotes of the OT; like taking the NT quotes by Paul as being true versus an allegory. Hopefully that makes sense

I dunno why there has to be any prophet that allegedly is a son or messenger from God at all.
Yeah that goes completely against what God says in the OT. Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God: I will strengthen you although you have not known Me. Hosea 11:9 I will not execute the kindling of My anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim, for I am God and not a man. In your midst is the Holy One, and I will not enter a city.
I cant figure out why God would make all people and just have a group of them as chosen ones.
That's a good question. Adam seemed to be a monotheist but after that we really don't know and of course Abraham was born a polytheist but became the first monotheistic Jew
God might suffer from various ailments even if he us a God, he does seem to be a bad tempered asshole and that's just from the Torah. What if his dalliance with humans is one of many civilisations he tinkers with, maybe he gets bored, who knows?
Yeah but that's just conjecture since we don't have anything written about it. I mean Enoch is an interesting book but it's difficult to understand different ranks of angels. I don't even worry about whether it's accurate/the truth. It's just too weird to figure out. I did enjoy reading it though
Maybe Christianity exists because people back thrn thought God is too much of an asshole and preferred to follow the path began by Jesus's congregation. Apparently he was quite an energetic charismatic dude and challenged the narrative of the time.

If this is what some prefer then its not false to them, just something they relate to better.
From what I remember, Christians were almost exclusively Romans who were living in Israel during the occupation. Jesus seemed like a pretty average prophet who performed miracles. He wasn't the only one and rabbis performed exorcisms and raised the dead. It's just not talked about as much

Last edited:
Gomur said:
From what I remember, Christians were almost exclusively Romans who were living in Israel during the occupation. Jesus seemed like a pretty average prophet who performed miracles. He wasn't the only one and rabbis performed exorcisms and raised the dead. It's just not talked about as much

I forgot about the Romans, oops! Tbh they lost their oomph with their conversion to Christianity.

Obviously something about him or probably more like his followers just after he died would have had appeal at the time to the local population. Did other Rabbis wander around travelling like he did ?

Are you Jewish yourself?

I am an athiest who believes in God when Im desperate, he knows that too

Obviously something about him or probably more like his followers just after he died would have had appeal at the time to the local population. Did other Rabbis wander around travelling like he did ?
Gamaliel did. He lived in Jerusalem around the 1st century AD
Are you Jewish yourself?
Nah I've thought about it but it takes a while to convert plus it's pretty expensive. Maybe one day I will
I am an athiest who believes in God when Im desperate, he knows that too
For sure. I'm an atheist too. I only believe what I understand. It's not like I'm perfect hehe

To start off, according to Christianity: if you believe in God and his commandments you're a good person. You don't need to believe that a human was the son of G-d or whatever. If you do then you're (just) a Christian. Basically it's pure idolatrous, ignorance

I get frustrated when people I know won't see the truth, you know like at least enough to admit their moral double standards. It's lonely to see the truth and live it by myself but at least I know what's going on and I know what I believe and why

Thoughts?
A rather aggressive/assertive post as compared to your usual my friend.

You are correct that Christians and all who hold firmly to a god are idolaters. They never like to admit it because Jesus railed against it.

I don't recall the Apostles creed, that Christians swear to, as mentioning the commandments. They are pushing Jesus as savior more than love of god.

I think the big 10 are garbage if you want to chat about those. If not, know that I share your frustrations with Christians following evil moral tenets without caring.

Regards
DKL

But God doesn't suffer. He's a divine being. Humans suffer because they chose to. There's no transference of suffering from human to deity, unless one follows Christianity but then one also has to rewrite history in the OT which doesn't make sense; okay, it doesn't make sense to me and it's blasphemous

It's like saying that Jews are wrong but we're right. The truth is Jews are right because they're the chosen people and wrote the OT. Christians come from a different tradition and much later on. I'm not really starting a debate or positing an argument. I'm just trying to understand why Christianity thinks it's the only way yet Judaism doesn't. Maybe somebody has some insight into this,
Cheers :)

I see a different agenda between Judaism and Christianity.

Judaism, for instance, show us as winning the Gold in Eden, with Original Virtue, for women and men, while Christianity shows us all as losers, with their Original Sin.

Judaism was well on it's way to a decent theology that included equality for all, before Christianity reversed things and began to push homophobia and misogyny and the notion that a genocidal god was somehow a good god.

Christians, fail. Jews get the Gold.

Regards
DL

A good post.

To this comment.

You do not need correction but I would like you to opine on the following that I give Christians and that they never address.

I don't know if that is do to their shame or to my poor points that they do not see?

Can you tell me if you see the moral points and agree with them.

---------

On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

Ah yet again the metaphor of god as an abusive drunk father works again.

You suffer cause you choose too! You go to hell because you choose too! It's your fault I hurt you why did you make me!.

God is such a petty abusive dickhole. That's not blasphemy, that's the old testament.

Any idea why Christians admire and even adore what you rightly label as a dickhole.

Why are they so blind that they cannot see?

Regards
DL

Well I wasn't talking about what I believe. I'm trying to figure out why Christians believe their way is the only way. It's not very biblical of them. They must be twisting i.e blaspheming through poor translations and misquotes of the OT; like taking the NT quotes by Paul as being true versus an allegory. Hopefully that makes sense
You forget that all religions are are tribes.

You have heard, my tribe, right or wrong.

Christians do not care about tight or wrong as long as they can stay in their tribe.

We see the same in politics, especially the first Trump election, where reps publicly held their noses and voted for that sac of garbage.

If Trump can fool so many modern people sophisticated, it indicates why the ancients voted for their god. Stay in the tribe. Us against them. Quite the loving religion eh?

Sophisticated????? Did I write that about Reps? Oops.

Regards
DL

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I'd argue that Christianity isn't a valid religion, since it has no tribal lineage or history. Its history is mixed up as it's written anyway. Jesus of Nazareth isn't mentioned in the Tanakh. He's mentioned in the Talmud, which came after he'd died. I don't understand how Christians believe the Tanakh (OT) is talking about Jesus. Nobody can explain that to me so I guess I should give up trying to figure it out

I mean the Tanakh also talks about various messiahs (plural). Of course a messiah, in Judaism is a messenger. It doesn't have anything to do with the meaning Christianity gives this word

As to Jesus being a rabbi, well that's misleading since we don't know that he was; which means he wasn't a rabbi in the way we think of rabbis today. He was a Jew that people followed around

Gnostic Bishop said:
If Trump can fool so many modern people sophisticated, it indicates why the ancients voted for their god.

He didn't trick people any more than Biden or Obama did.

Gormur said:
As to Jesus being a rabbi, well that's misleading since we don't know that he was; which means he wasn't a rabbi in the way we think of rabbis today. He was a Jew that people followed around

Not to mention that the church leaders at the time were not fond of him and he rejected many old school traditions. Jesus was more like a cult leader than a rabbi.

You forget that all religions are are tribes.

You have heard, my tribe, right or wrong.

Christians do not care about tight or wrong as long as they can stay in their tribe.

We see the same in politics, especially the first Trump election, where reps publicly held their noses and voted for that sac of garbage.

If Trump can fool so many modern people sophisticated, it indicates why the ancients voted for their god. Stay in the tribe. Us against them. Quite the loving religion eh?

Sophisticated????? Did I write that about Reps? Oops.

Regards
DL
+1
So true.

I see a different agenda between Judaism and Christianity.

Judaism, for instance, show us as winning the Gold in Eden, with Original Virtue, for women and men, while Christianity shows us all as losers, with their Original Sin.

Judaism was well on it's way to a decent theology that included equality for all, before Christianity reversed things and began to push homophobia and misogyny and the notion that a genocidal god was somehow a good god.

Christians, fail. Jews get the Gold.

Regards
DL

How come Sarah didn't get included in the whole killing Isaac test like Moses did then, is she chopped liver or something?