• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why Christianity is a false religion

All religions are false religions. They were all made up at some point by someone.

I hope you are including your own thinking system, given that it too was formed mostly by others.

Tell us though, what is a true religion to you, and do you know of any, true religion, including your own theology, ideology philosophy?

Regards
DL

This is a Jesus bashing thread.

I like the Gnostic Christian Jesus. He is not the genocidal Roman creation.

The Gnostic Christian Jesus should and will make all moral people, including Christians, anti that Roman genocidal Jesus.

You ready to be called an anti-Christ?

I am.

Regards
DL

I like the Gnostic Christian Jesus. He is not the genocidal Roman creation.

The Gnostic Christian Jesus should and will make all moral people, including Christians, anti that Roman genocidal Jesus.

You ready to be called an anti-Christ?

I am.

Regards
DL
How many versions of Jesus are there? Collectable trading cards?

I’m pretty sure she’s asking you. I have genuine curiosity as well. Why do you direct 100 % of your active involvement in Bluelight to really brutally and unequivocally slagging Christians and Christianity to a bunch of current and former drug addicts and drug users with mental health health problems? It’s not like you are after discussion or debate as part of a community and you don’t engage in any other topics.

Is there a purpose or goal to it all? Is there something emotional or psychological that you get out of it? If you have issues and find venting beneficial then that’s great but it wouldn’t hurt to realise that other people with issues find benefit out of their faith or the consolations of their religious beliefs.

What I get is to try to reduce the harms of religions, while not seeing anyone here as in a particular need of my help on the drug issue side.

I am a moralist that recognizes that we are an addictive species. You guys here are all in the normal range, be you call yourselves addicts or not.

If any here have mental problems, any expert like myself, who nearly lost 18 years of jail time for legalization, will tell you that it is a mental problem and not a drug problem.

Psychotropic drugs enhance mental problems. They do not generally create them.

I see people who follow satanic gods as deranged.

I do not see anyone other than those mental misfits here who are deranged.

Those deranged call themselves believers of Yahweh and they think him good.

Even the greatest drug addict will know that that is closer to immoral insanity than whatever he or she is doing.

Christians are addicted to a genocidal god and are too lost to intelligent moral thinking to know they should be seeking a new drug.

Regards
DL

How many versions of Jesus are there? Collectable trading cards?

That depends on how hard you look.

The Chrestian Jesus that Christianity usurped was just a good man.
The esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christian Jesus was always in the background, including in the main beliefs of Jewry.

Rome then had the Jewish sacrificial Jesus shown to fail the resurrection test.

Christianity took what was basically a naturalistic Jesus and religions and stupidly made Jesus supernatural, and to me, evil.

Given that there are better than 3,000 Abrahamic cults around, I would say that there are at least that many Jesus'.

I only bother with two. The good Gnostic Jesus and the evil Christian Jesus.

Christians tend to run from moral arguments. They cannot do apologetics for their genocidal god.

Regards
DL

Christianity took what was basically a naturalistic Jesus and religions and stupidly made Jesus supernatural, and to me, evil.
That doesn't make Jesus evil. One might argue, however, that those individuals who manipulated his image for their benefit were.

Not that I wish to offend the Catholics,

Think of half the world under religious oppression.

Do the religions in question, and their policies, serve women and gays well?

If not, why respect those who do not deserve it?

You respect those who hate you children if gay or female.

Why even tolerate those who do not tolerate and just use inquisitions and jihads, even if just the lower less lethal kind presently in use?

Regards
DL

That doesn't make Jesus evil. One might argue, however, that those individuals who manipulated his image for their benefit were.

They made a good man Jesus become a genocidal god who will Armageddon our ass when he returns like a great murderer instead of one who will cure the sick.

If that does not make the biblical Jesus evil to you, then --------------

Regards
DL

Well, worshiping Jesus is fine IF you accept the trinity.

What is fine about adoring a genocidal god?

Would you say it was fine for the S S to be fine with Hitler?

St. Hitler to you, if all is fine with adoring genocidal characters.

Regards
DL

I see that as comparable to the U.S. legal tender emblazoned-proclamation for whom 'we' (we the money or it's spenders?) entrust.
Yes. Perceptive of you.

The U.S. touts itself as a Christian nation, and so did Hitler's Germany.

Both are are or where liars.

Some things never change.

Regards
DL

I hope you are including your own thinking system, given that it too was formed mostly by others.

Tell us though, what is a true religion to you, and do you know of any, true religion, including your own theology, ideology philosophy?

Regards
DL

No, my thinking system is my own.
There is no "true" religion, because all religions are man-made and made-up (mostly) either to control people, discriminate against people, or because people don't want to accept that when you died, you end and that's it. Either because most people ego's can't accept that in the great scheme of time and the universe they - and also humanity as a whole - is completely insignificant and meaningless. Or because the human brain cannot imagine it's own nonexistence. Just like you cannot imagine what it was like BEFORE you existed. I think being dead is basically the same for you as before you existed.

Main reason?

Moral or something else?

How are you practicing or expressing your dislike to those who do think their morals to be sound, in spite of the big three evils I always go on about?

Regards
DL

What would those three evils be?

I don't believe in "morals", they also are a false man-made construct (often coming from aforementioned "religions"). Again, often as a way of restricting and controlling people. For example things like: sex-before-marriage, use of illegal substances, casual sex, masturbation, homosexuality, etc....there is no logical reason why any of those things are a) "immoral", b) "bad" for you, or c) anybody else's fucking business.

I don't practice or express dislike toward those who have different beliefs or religious views to mine because everyone is entitled to their opinions and everybody's experience is valid.
Unless their opinions or religious views are sexist, homophobic, racist, transphobic, misogynistic or in any other way hateful or discriminatory against any group of people. Particularly marginalized groups, which are the one's these types usually come for. The only thing I will not tolerate is intolerance. I think Kurt Cobain put it succinctly when he said: "If you're a sexist, racist, or homophobe - don't buy my CD. I don't care how much you like me, I fucking hate you".

Which is a nice segue into my reasons for being an anti-theist (remembering that this means I am against ORGANISED religion, not just anybody who believes in a higher power). I believe it is religion, not money, that is the root of all evil. Almost all major wars have been caused by one religious group attacking another, or two or more religions fighting each other. Christianity (and other very problematic religions, particularly Islam) was responsible for colonisation, was used an excuse as to why it was okay to own slaves, for all homophobia (nobody is BORN prejudice, it is a learned behaviour and homophobia in particular, flat-out did not exist until Christianity and Leviticus* etc), the reason just being gay - not even "homosexual activity" - can still get you the death penalty in 7 countries, religion is why rape victims in some societies (in the Middle East) are stoned to death because they "brought shame on their family", the reason victims of rape or sexual assault in some Asian societies are murdered by their own family as an "Honour Killing" because it's the only way to remove the "dishonour she brought on her family".

*that's actually one of MANY, MANY intentionally misquoted/miss-rewritten verses in the Bible. It was originally "Man must not lie with boy" and was condemning paedophilia.

No, my thinking system is my own.
There is no "true" religion, because all religions are man-made and made-up (mostly) either to control people, discriminate against people, or because people don't want to accept that when you died, you end and that's it. Either because most people ego's can't accept that in the great scheme of time and the universe they - and also humanity as a whole - is completely insignificant and meaningless. Or because the human brain cannot imagine it's own nonexistence. Just like you cannot imagine what it was like BEFORE you existed. I think being dead is basically the same for you as before you existed.
Like a flame, we live a short time.

We all say, I am, for a short time.

Regards
DL

I need to see time zone your data shows.

I do not understand this sentence.
My source was part of a TikTok compilation on YouTube. The did show receipts, but obviously I have no idea of where I'd even begin to look for it.
I mean, the entire bible was, again, made up by some dudes, so it's not important anyway.
Also, the entire of Leviticus was not even meant to apply to Christians or any modern day people. It was aimed at the Luddites only.

I don't believe in "morals", they also are a false man-made construct (often coming from aforementioned "religions"). Again, often as a way of restricting and controlling people. For example things like: sex-before-marriage, use of illegal substances, casual sex, masturbation, homosexuality, etc....there is no logical reason why any of those things are a) "immoral", b) "bad" for you, or c) anybody else's fucking business.
I agree wholeheartedly. Secular morals as Christians would call them (I'd call them principles) are about using your head and not about using some kind of invisible, imaginary conscience. The thing I detest more than anything is adults forcing their morals on children and trying to turn them into something they aren't. Instead of teaching [us] them how to think critically in the world and use common sense, they want to create androids who don't know how to think for themselves

You may or may not believe in a conscience, I don't know but I think that's fine as well. It's not something I could accept as I'd then have to recognize that I had a soul that gave me powers when really all the soul is (to me) is an engine that keeps me alive in a human body and it hasn't been explained by science yet

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly. Secular morals as Christians would call them (I'd call them principles) are about using your head and not about using some kind of invisible, imaginary conscience. The thing I detest more than anything is adults forcing their morals on children and trying to turn them into something they aren't. Instead of teaching [us] them how to think critically in the world and use common sense, they want to create androids who don't know how to think for themselves

You may or may not believe in a conscience, I don't know but I think that's fine as well. It's not something I could accept as I'd then have to recognize that I had soul that gave me powers when really all the soul is (to me) is an engine that keeps me alive in a human body and it hasn't been explained by science yet

I definitely don't believe in souls, but I believe in a conscience as in feeling guilty when you have done something "wrong". But by that I mean when you do something that you personally regret or think was wrong. For example, 4 years ago and at an extremely tough time in my life I tried to kill myself with a barbiturate OD. I spent several days in a coma in the ICU on a ventilator, but made a full recovery. I've always felt really guilty about it because even though at the time I was in an extremely dark place and was utterly convinced that there was no way out and that things could never get better (and my parents had made me homeless), it was a very selfish thing to do and I obviously hurt them and caused them a great deal of distress. I feel sick just thinking about it. That's a perfect example of my "conscience" .

I don't relate it to "morality" or "ethics" per se, or that are generally accepted. If I drink or use drugs, have sex with a stranger etc, I don't feel guilty at all because they were my choices that I had a right to make and because nobody gets hurt.

Another thing - religious people will often tell me: "well if you don't believe in heaven and hell or in morals, how come you don't just go around hurting or raping people as much as you want" and I'm like: 1) I DO hurt/rape as much as I want which is NEVER, 2) I do nice things and treat others well because I'm genuinely a nice person, it's just who I am and what comes naturally to me and 3) if the only reason you do good things or don't hurt others is because an old book says you'll go to hell if you do...that makes you the bad person.