Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

why are other forums so mean to you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
before i joined this forum years ago, i remember joining another forum and asking a question about a drug

and all i got was this mean answer from this guy named potter to go to a rehab center and or go get help, but got ignored or banned when i asked about details about where their certain program was located at

and got made fun of by random veteran users and or told to use the search bar for a question that wasn't in their data base???

------------------

then when i came on to this forum, i got a COMPLETE honest answer and was not told to go to a 12 month mandatory rehab and or banned???

i oviously made a 2nd account under a diff IP and coped with their rules, heck even potter talks to me with out even knowing who i orinally are

just to talk to users that are being trolled, and or harrased

they ask simple questions and are asked to "rephrase their entire thread or make it more understandable than it already is SMH

i just want to know why people abuse their power like this to fuck up other meth users mind set

its been done to me and to be honest it only made me think negative for 5+ years LOL

somebody has got to please help this cause people are being psychosed for no absolute reason

It's a headache, what's this. So you were browsing a company's forum or a volunteer drug forum dedicated to harm-reduction? My guessing would be the second one. You can't change the system because the system will end up changing you, bullying and cyber bullying it's a real issue that can cause suicide/depression/PTSD and such other things since everyone approach the internet diferent you can't really put your finger on it, what most people do it's to not take the internet personal and go on with their day. We don't know what happend there, we can't interfere with such whatever but best we can do it's to find you a home and I think you found it. Welcome.

Hi. Although there are already quite a few threads and posts on Bluelight slagging the forum you are referring to (and the specific individual who was rude to you) I noticed that their moderators have recently asked members not to slag Bluelight in the hope we would return the favour. It seems that this is quite an emotive issue and some people identify very strongly with ‘their’ forum and are anti the alternative forums.

I am a member of both forums and have come to see that they have different functions and purposes. Each has its pluses and minuses.

Bluelight works as a real-time harm minimisation and support community for both active users and people in recovery. It is also an active social community for people with interests in drug taking, drug science, and recovery from drugs. It is a very broad church. It does not really have a formal position on whether drugs are good or bad and respects the choices that people make about their consumption. However, it quickly swings into action (in real-time, 24/7) when people ask for guidance or support about using or quitting. BL has literally hundreds of active users using the site socially so there is usually an immediate and personalised response to any question.

The other forum you are referring to is different. It is more a searchable repository or library of harm minimisation and recovery advice. Their goal is to have a standard archived response to every question. When they do, they then refer all further inquiries to that standard response (many of which are now 5 or more years old). However, the culture seems to be strongly influenced by 12-step and abstinence type programs and many people there see getting clean permanently as the endgame for everybody. Consequently they are big on highlighting the negatives and often demonstrate the same kind of totalising judgement that old-timers in AA like to refer to as ‘tough love’. With a few exceptions, the handful of active users (which must only be 5-10 people tops) aggressively police this culture with apparent impunity suggesting that the site owners fully endorse what many people perceive to be a quite hostile environment.

I guess it just boils down to what you are looking for. If you want support, love, humour and a genuine sense of community then BL has a lot to offer. If you want to quietly spend time in a library searching what drug users from a decade ago had to say about harm minimisation then the other site has a lot to offer.

What? Do you seriously mean to tell me that there are EVEN MEANER people out there on other forums than there are here? I would never have guessed!

Only joking. Besides: I've been told I've been granted a fair amount of latitude here and just BARELY managed to escape an official warning on one occasion. So I'm not complaining! Lol!

I don't have the answer for you I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I just read the other two responses above my post.

Nice posts. For what my opinion is worth though: BL is a lot MORE than just harm reduction etc. etc. etc. It is (or has grown?) (cannot answer that as I've not been around that long) a community i.e. harm reduction, drug use and abuse, etc. is but a part of it. Truth be told: when I FIRST stumbled upon it I thought it was just a bunch of people whose only commonality was that they were users and addicts. Definitely not so and nothing could be further from the truth.

BL can mail my cheque (check?) to...

Last edited:
I'm a member on both forums and I cant help but be loyal to DF because I've been there for years. Yes, it is dead there as of lately, that's why I came here. Since I've been here, I've had a few different people be rude to me for no reason. So, my first impression of BL wasn't the best. I'm still here though, so obviously I like it.

While that's true: I think people can be meaner from behind the keyboard and screen.

Somewhere around here a little while ago posted an animated gif. It was in black and white and it was two dogs going at each other while chained up. Until the chains broke. And it had something to do with the Internet and how we interact with each other from behind the keyboard and screen (if I recall correctly). Not for want of trying but I've never been able to find it again. Hilarious, but true, though.

People are more brave behind a screen. Most would cower in person. My first week off methadone some karen was getting on my case on a news comment section. Getting very nasty and insulting so i sent her a private message with my home address, she blocked me lol.
I am the same real life as online and I respect myself for that.

That said, I am not going to shit on people from another site that can’t speak for themselves here

That's fine. I'll do it for you. Alfa runs a terrible forum and potter is a disgusting human being. It shows, enough said.

I noticed that their moderators have recently asked members not to slag Bluelight in the hope we would return the favour.

Thanks for the laugh 😂. Alfa is way too transparent :rolleyes:

Since I've been here, I've had a few different people be rude to me for no reason. So, my first impression of BL wasn't the best. I'm still here though, so obviously I like it.

Maybe some of those ‘rude’ posts were misunderstandings. However, if you feel someone is being rude to you (outside The Lounge) then please free to report their post for moderation. Outside of The Lounge, we do our best to keep things as polite, helpful and civil as possible. Although, we cannot be responsible for people being offended when no offence was meant. Sometimes it’s hard to judge intent in people’s posts and we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt that they meant no harm.

Inside The Lounge anything goes, so just be aware of where you are posting. Anyway, we are glad you are still here.

Maybe some of those ‘rude’ posts were misunderstandings. However, if you feel someone is being rude to you (outside The Lounge) then please free to report their post for moderation. Outside of The Lounge, we do our best to keep things as polite, helpful and civil as possible. Although, we cannot be responsible for people being offended when no offence was meant. Sometimes it’s hard to judge intent in people’s posts and we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt that they meant no harm.

Inside The Lounge anything goes, so just be aware of where you are posting. Anyway, we are glad you are still here.
Thank you, I appreciate that. It is easy to take someone's text out of context sometimes.

My sobriety vs meth post is where I caught all the grief. I accidentally posted DF links bc I copy and pasted it and no one really understood what I was trying to say In that post. But that's okay, it was a learning experience.

Thanks again :)

Well I’m glad you found a home here on bluelight. It’s important to find a good harm reduction and addiction/recovery community where you get answers to important questions concerning drugs.

There are many people here that have had the same experiences that you have had over on DF, particularly feeling harassed or trolled by Potter. That said, I am not going to shit on people from another site that can’t speak for themselves here, or shit on another community that I consider home. There is a lot of crossover between BL and DF and I feel that we can never have too many harm reduction communities (because of the serious nature of drug use/abuse and recovery, people’s lives might be at risk).

🧙‍♂️

Uhm..... ;)

JJ

Good old Potter...who is female by the way. Potter is like that hall monitor in high school who has nothing better to do than to hang around for new posts to trash them. She has little knowledge on anything chemistry related but loves to chime in on the RC forums will seething hate.

These "other forums" are filled to the brim with posters of inferior stock and lesser intellect. Thus you get a shitty reception, as they are jealous or frustrated incels.

Yeah cause they know they can't get punched in the face..

Most keyboard warriors who spread fear and discord have weak wrists and limp spines. You can read it in their tone. All bark.

That's why I only trust the PC saints who use their time to spread wisdom and goodwill towards fellows humans through cyberspace, because the righteous PC saint has empathy and recognizes there is another soul on the other side.

that forum gives out the most fucking wrong info on drugs jeez if anybody goes there for actual info they given some crackpot anti drug info which is 100% wrong. Bluelight the last standing drug forums where most people will give you the right info on various drugs. I swear other forums are actually anti drug shills by the scinecetologists.

Reddit is okay to get some info in the past but their user base got over taken by young teens who are brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.