• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why are "Joint" high's so DIFFERENT than PIPE high's?

@psychomimetic

that is a lot of weed you smoke. well i've heard of people using more than you, but none the less... have you thought about lowering your tolerance? it would save you a lot of money and you would even get higher than now. a good starting point would be to stop smoking in the morning, or (as i've done for the last few months before starting my break) smoke/vape a little bit in the morning and then leave at least until the afternoon. so you will sober out over the day and get high more easily in the evening.

do you own (or have you ever tried) a vape btw? it is far more effective than smoking, allthough not all people like the high it provides. the first few hits get you mostly the THC, so it's more like a head-high, slightly psychedelic, which imo is perfect for the morning. the more you vape the bud, the more it gets stoney and couch-lock-ish. you can also use the vaped bud and load that into your bowl, it still has active compounds in it. i prefer mixing the vaped bud with some green and roll joints out of that (i don't smoke bong). works nicely.

that being said, i'd recommend a real break for at least a few weeks, so you can reset your brain a bit, and then start smoking less. think about it, it really is worth it!

Yeah i love blunts
blunts are my favorite as well. however, concerning what OP says, I actually kind of agree about the highs being different. When I smoke out of a bong or a good bowl, all I have to take is a few good hits and it feels as though the high is a lot more concentrated. It's a lot more trippy in my opinion. I still prefer blunts though. I've taken a few bong hits that have left me coughing so badly that it ruined my high. Like...the death hits. Never happened with a blunt.

yeah if i did an antire .1g at once (of good draw) i'd be fucking flying

sounds like americans have high as shit tolerance, probably cus weed is cheaper there.

not really. out in California i hear its cheap but in the northeast we pay 20 dollars a gram fro the good shit . i dont even know the price for swag have not bought it in years

@psychomimetic

that is a lot of weed you smoke. well i've heard of people using more than you, but none the less... have you thought about lowering your tolerance? it would save you a lot of money and you would even get higher than now. a good starting point would be to stop smoking in the morning, or (as i've done for the last few months before starting my break) smoke/vape a little bit in the morning and then leave at least until the afternoon. so you will sober out over the day and get high more easily in the evening.

do you own (or have you ever tried) a vape btw? it is far more effective than smoking, allthough not all people like the high it provides. the first few hits get you mostly the THC, so it's more like a head-high, slightly psychedelic, which imo is perfect for the morning. the more you vape the bud, the more it gets stoney and couch-lock-ish. you can also use the vaped bud and load that into your bowl, it still has active compounds in it. i prefer mixing the vaped bud with some green and roll joints out of that (i don't smoke bong). works nicely.

that being said, i'd recommend a real break for at least a few weeks, so you can reset your brain a bit, and then start smoking less. think about it, it really is worth it!

Yeah it's a lot of weed but it isn't that expensive, no price discussion of course but I spend about the same in a week as someone who smokes a pack of cheap American cigarettes a day. I buy by the 1/8th, 1/4 or 1/2 oz usually so it's not nearly as pricy as it would be if I was buying by the gram.

Plus, I use for medical reasons, so smoking in the morning both makes me able to face the day mentally and lets me eat. And I like being high almost all the time, I feel it greatly improves my general mood and quality of life.

I've used vapes, and I'm probably going to buy one soon, but I much prefer to smoke other ways, I mostly use a pipe or bubbler and still will even when I have a vape. I like the couch lock feeling. I also end up smoking more in a vape because I don't feel sufficiently high until I have a body high.

Also, I'm an addict. Taking a break for a week or even a few days really isn't in my agenda, I need weed to be a happy, functional, healthy person. And I have no problem with that, I knew that would be where I ended up when I first started smoking daily.

My high tolerance doesn't bother me, I enjoy the physical act of smoking, and it calms me down. I don't feel a need to give my brain a rest, I've probably down regulated my cannabinoid receptors to some level and don't want to deal with the mental effects of quitting. But other than that I don't know why my brain would need a rest, I'm just as intelligent and mentally capable as I was before I smoked daily. None of the negative effects of habitual marijuana use bother me much.

Plus, I don't actually see anything wrong with being a habitual drug user as long as you aren't damaging yourself. I'm happy with my habits, no need for me to take a break or smoke less. My habit isn't costing me too much and I like to stay high. I'm what you'd call a happy, functional drug addict. I smoke weed like I drink tea, no problem.

Last edited:
not really. out in California i hear its cheap but in the northeast we pay 20 dollars a gram fro the good shit . i dont even know the price for swag have not bought it in years

£12 for a gram of good shit is pretty good and better than the price here for normal shit.

i know for sure your ounces are cheaper over there though.

i am retiring my bong after 7 months of hard use... my tolerance has never been so high, time for a break and then back to Vapes on the daily with joints on occasion outdoors.

I mean with the greatest respect but I think it could be all in your mind. I've not noticed a difference myself.

I gotta go along with this 1. I've never noticed a difference in the high from a bowl or a 'pocket-rocket'. Now if someone drinks too much alcohol...this will be the result of that.

ZPc5f.gif

Thc and other cannabinoid burn off at different temperatures or gradually released threw a varying degree of certain temps. If you get higher from a bowl you are more prone to high cbd cnn and the ratios that produce you high when you smoke a joint you naturally cool cook or bake the weed before a cherry creating a gradual release of different cannabinoid that you would not have with a direct flame or temperature exposed to the bud all centered in tge same area being exposed to the same elements while with a joint you expose the different parts of the joint three different variables creating a release of such cannabinoid and turpins that would have been degraded or destroyed being exposed to direct flame.

THC degrades to CBN so when you hit a dirty pipe or bong you are burning a lot of the resin as well and inhaling a lot of that smoke. Joints don't allow for the accumulation of smoke resin.

It has nothing to do with cannabinoids burning at different temperature unlesss you are using different lighters for a pipe and a bong. Once a joint is burning it is burning hot enough to decarb the THCa and burn off the other cannabinoids, so it's not a matter of temp, just a matter of shit building up in your pipe. Im lazy which is why smoke joints.

Salutations,

THC and other cannabinoid burn off at different temperatures...

Yet, lets assume that the boiling temperature of water is 100 °C while the average room temperature lies around 23 °C, doesn't a glass of water still evaporate even at room temperature (just slower but it still does), eventually?...

...gradually released thru a varying degree of certain temps.

M'well perhaps using the right kind of pipe that perspective would alter after a while. Actually i wish i could collect the 1st impressions of independent subjects evaluating pulsed mode applied to the type of device i depend on routinely...

Good day, have fun!! =D