• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why are "Joint" high's so DIFFERENT than PIPE high's?

Chee$e

Bluelighter
I have noticed lately that if I load a bowl into a glass pipe, equivalent to that of 2 hits from a joint, I get a much different high than taking those 2 hits out of a joint. It is much more clear headed, less paranoia, and overall I have more control, but is also more trippy at the same time.

Whereas if I hit that same weed out of a joint, the high is much more paranoia inducing, disorientating, and I get a little too high.

Let me start off by saying that I use pure RAW unbleached organic HEMP papers so they are not adding any other element to the plant, it is technically the exact same thing as the pipe in the sense that it is not adding any foreign chemicals. They are brown tinted pure organic hemp papers.

Even though I enjoy smoking a joint more, a pipe high is much more exhilarating and enjoyable (less paranoia) than taking the same amount in a joint (about 2-3 hits)

I mean with the greatest respect but I think it could be all in your mind. I've not noticed a difference myself.

The difference is in how fast and how much at one time the THC from the pot smoke is absorbed in your lungs. When you smoke a joint you take long slow drags as you have to pull that pot smoke through rather tightly rolled green. With a pipe, especally a glass pipe, you dont pull it through any weed. Pipes with carbs allow smoke to collect some within the large open areas of the pipe when you hold the carb. When you let go the smoke is pulled with NO EFFORT into your lungs. It allows you to get more smoke in their more quickly which means the TCH is hitting you faster.

Bongs do this to even more of an extreme, the large open spaces collect large amounts of smoke which rush into your lungs. Even seasoned smokers will cough from a bong, which some believe will get you higher faster as well.

Honestly iv always found the high from a joint much more chill, its a slow relaxing process. I smoke bowls when I need my weed fast. And a bong when I need it hard.

when I need it hard.

You dirty girl...

I think it may have something to do with the burning temperature, a butane lighter probably has a higher burning temperature than the paper burning around a joint.

^ It could have something to do with that though, usually a joint's smoke is more spread out than a bowl's. The same amount of THC but over a longer amount of time could lead to a more "chill" high

Honestly iv always found the high from a joint much more chill, its a slow relaxing process. I smoke bowls when I need my weed fast. And a bong when I need it hard.

I agree with this, and it's a big part of the reason I smoke mostly joints.

I don't have any scientific fact to back this up, but after smoking out of a water pipe 99% of the time, a joint will get me way less high.

Logically i'd say it's because of the large intake of smoke in one breath. You rarely pull .2g in one toke on a joint.

^ Dude.... RIGHT?

Whenever I smoke a joint or a blunt, I always want to smoke more after it. Yesterday I smoked a 2 gram, dank ass purple blunt with at least .5 of hash oil spread out on the wrap. After that I was so high that I was tingling, but I still wanted to take a few bong hits to level it all out :\

Now I'm hitting a gravity bong, and one like .15 hit gets me stoned as fuck

Yeah i love blunts because they still have that slow chill burn like you get with joints, but they tend to be rolled slightly less tight and have a bigger circumference so you get more smoke at once, but its still a slow pull. Joints tend to be tooooo easy going for me. But I am one of those people who have always been naturally tolerant of cannabis.

I like to think of joints and blunts as shots of liquor and bong and pipes as bottles of beer.

Shots are consecutive and hit you real hard, real fast-- sometimes unexpectedly so. With a beer, on the other hand, you need several to get you where you want and you chill, sit back and drink 'em over a longer period of time. Long enough to let your body accustom itself to the change in the mindstate and introduction of inebriation, whereas shots don't give you time. Shots go in, do their work and the effects are strong and near-instant.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about different grades of weed at all here. Just likening blunts and joint to shots and beers... no reference to potency at all, though.

There's defo one hell of a difference between smoking a bong or a joint, while i found vaping to be the best way to ingest thc besides oral application. Vaping is giving you a pronounced head-high with long duration and aftereffects, whilst ripping the bong locks you in your seat for 15-25 mins., followed by some high-time (approx. 45-60 min.) and a following, fast decrease in effects. Joints also offer some prolonged, more heady experience, even though it doesn't last as long as vaping or eating the good stuff!

It's surely one thing of personal preferences, but if you're vaping straight for some time you wouldn't even think about smoking again!

ironically i find that bowls get me higher than joints, i'd say (as people have suggested) that you end up taking way bigger hits off of bowls than with joints, and i generally repack my bowls frequently, so i ultimately am smoking more weed in the long run than with a joint. at least most joints. if i want to pack a fat joint, i usually use it as an excuse to just roll a blunt (which gets me the highest versus any method).

I like to think of joints and blunts as shots of liquor and bong and pipes as bottles of beer.

Shots are consecutive and hit you real hard, real fast-- sometimes unexpectedly so. With a beer, on the other hand, you need several to get you where you want and you chill, sit back and drink 'em over a longer period of time. Long enough to let your body accustom itself to the change in the mindstate and introduction of inebriation, whereas shots don't give you time. Shots go in, do their work and the effects are strong and near-instant.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about different grades of weed at all here. Just likening blunts and joint to shots and beers... no reference to potency at all, though.

I would think of it as the opposite... a .1-2 hit through a bong to the dome is MUCH more like a shot that hits you instantly, while with beer or a blunt you drink/smoke in 15 minutes or so

I hear you... Bong hits are instant, blunt hits are instant... I guess I just mean I'm more likely to lay back and hit a bong over the course of a few hours (like with beer), and with blunts I smoke the whole thing and get pretty high pretty quickly (like with shots) and for a decent amount of time.

I see what you're saying, though. I don't come up with the best analogies, though, lol.

Maybe I worded this wrong.

With pipes, I can settle into the high way more, it doesn't hit me as hard and is a gradual climb, not like a shock of instant stone.

With joints, especially if I am already high and I keep smoking them, each drag hits me like a fucking train and I feel it almost instantly, almost paranoia inducing.

I think it has to do with the fact that joints carry resin glands in them especially as you smoke them down so you are inhaling concentrated THC whereas with each hit from a pipe you get just the THC on the flower and not the "dropped" KEIF resin glands you get from a joint.

I hear you... Bong hits are instant, blunt hits are instant... I guess I just mean I'm more likely to lay back and hit a bong over the course of a few hours (like with beer), and with blunts I smoke the whole thing and get pretty high pretty quickly (like with shots) and for a decent amount of time.

I see what you're saying, though. I don't come up with the best analogies, though, lol.

Pipes fit perfectly into that analogy lol :)

A bong is like a shot of Everclear though, one or two is all you need lmao..

^ Dude, you are so incredibly lucky. My tolerance has gotten to the point where only the FATTEST hits will actually raise my highness by a perceivable level. One hit would get me higher, but its like a slow come up. Especially with joints

Well I'd think this is farily obvious - with a bong you are generally looking at ripping .2-.8g in one rip -- of pure cannabis. Joints are rolled in paper, burn the trees more slowly, and fill your lungs less rapidly, and with less psychoactives at once.

it might be because with a joint you have to keep toking it because it's always burning and you don't want it to go out, but a pipe you just light it up and take a toke whenever you feel like it so you can ease yourself into the high.

that's what i do anyway because i'm a pussy.

it might be because with a joint you have to keep toking it because it's always burning and you don't want it to go out, but a pipe you just light it up and take a toke whenever you feel like it so you can ease yourself into the high.

that's what i do anyway because i'm a pussy.

I like to "ease" into the high also. I have a very low tolerance.