• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Who's stealing my weed.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I'm worried because I noticed my plants look trimmed in the backyard.

Real fast. Problem is I'm worried if I buy better security cameras this person could pull the power to steal the plants. We have a huge back yard there in the back edge and I'm just curious any ideas on how to protect them? Are there security systems that don't use Wi-Fi? Like that still work with my cell phone with a app but no Wi-Fi?

I'm also thinking trip wire as the area we're talking is like 24 feet by 36 feet I'm thinking I'll get a trip wire maybe put tomatoe cages around there plants.

Because if I can catch this person, I'll break there hands no joke I've already decided on willing to go to jail again to... Well to win.

Last year we didn't plant them in the ground and two go grabbed and stolen in there planters. So assuming someone stole last year and I noticed cutsb on the plants I feel I just need more protecting. Any ideas would be nice, thanks

electric fence wire

This..

But OP you gotta realize you kinda had this coming by replanting in the same spot after having some stolen last year. Guaranteed it’s the same people.

Noticing trimmed plants should be easy enough, if it’s an animal they’ll usually leave more torn/jagged edges as they bite.

Is the grow legal? That would majorly affect how I play this one out. Having a flood light setup on movement would be good too if it’s legal.

-GC

Are your plants close to the woods ? Because the deer will eat your weed if you don't have a good fence around them.

You can get wired cameras that you plug into your local network through Ethernet cables to a router, just keep your network gear on an uninterruptible power supply and use power over Ethernet for the cameras

Well, it appears as though they'll be back once the buds are close to maturity and ready for harvesting. I used to deal with such nonsense years ago when I used to grow outside. And with all the work and time that goes into growing quality bud I had a zero-tolerance policy for anyone messing with them. But as others have said...there are camera options available to you, something I never had back then. It also made me realize that growing indoors is, at the very a least, better in terms of privacy, and far better in terms of controlling the grow. So inside you once you vegetate on a 24 hour light schedule to your liking, you can pop to 12 on, 12 off, to trigger flowering effortlessly. Also, you can control the environment inside to reduce infestations, monitor moisture and such to watch for bud rot, and generally have the type of control that makes growing a breeze by comparison. Anyway, to me, it's too big a risk to grow outside but I also know not everyone has the means to do it inside. And I'll be damned if I am going to go through all the effort and have some asshole come take my plants.

I would just suggest growing indoors even if it does make your house smell like weed. Outside you have too many problems to deal with like deer and cops if you live in an area where weed is still illegal. You know.. you cause also try green housing it. That might be a good idea.

This one is of dubious legal safety (for you) in a Canadian court b/c it could be argued that your intent is to injure, butttttttt, I would plant Poison Ivy or Giant Hogweed. Giant Hogweed specifically causes photosensitivity; so if they steal your plants at night, the following is what will happen to them next day.

wQZ9StAl.jpg

0u7nip5l.jpg

You’ll know which plants are Giant Hogweed and how to avoid them during maintenance. Weed thiefs will not - hence injury. As stated though I think a legal planter in Canada might be subject to legal charges. And if you don’t live in Canada, I don’t know. And possible non legal payback, But yeah, if your desire is to punish the creeps, there ya go.

Tom

It can cause blindness and injury, so do NOT do this. And pollen/seeds;the plants tend to spread rapaciously. You *will* end up with uncontrollable Giant Hogweed

Last edited:
I would just suggest growing indoors even if it does make your house smell like weed. Outside you have too many problems to deal with like deer and cops if you live in an area where weed is still illegal. You know.. you cause also try green housing it. That might be a good idea.
i was using a 400watt HPS bulb and lamp and the outdoors that i grew were a good deal stronger than the indoors that i would grow. i personally love outdoor weed, but i never even tried to grow it that way until it became legal. the worst thing about outdoor weed when it's legal is if it rains when the buds are about to be done and then it gets humid, i lost like a half ounce in mold out of a couple ounces. one of the amazing top buds of the plants got ruined the last time i tried growing too. i actually haven't even tried growing the last few seasons cause of being disapointed by mold. hurricane season and then humidity seems to create some problems.

i definitely recommend trying out growing though if a person is in a legal area. it's fun and if the plants are started indoors and let to be grown to about a foot and a half and then planted outdoors, the plants will be huge. i've gotten like a quarter pound from one plant before on a season where the stuff didn't get moldy.

Honestly, I think investing in better-- or just more, and more inconspicuous cameras-- is worth it, even if some thieves pull your power to get to them... aren't there ways to back-up a power source, though? Like, theoretically, couldn't you put surveillance or RING or cctv on it's own, separate power grid with a generator or three that also act as failsafes?

I have that thought for two reasons.

One, I think it much more likely that you're dealing with wildlife, but without pictures of the damage left behind it's hard for me to even try to call it.

Two, if you are dealing with thieves and those thieves are aware enough, intelligent enough and determined enough then they'll absolutely figure out a way to disable your cameras, or just make them irrelevant with masks and coverings. That could mean cutting your power, in which case I think it would be an immediate sign that you need to either dial 911, or you step outside prepared to defend your property before calling 911.

It'll be all the confirmation you ever needed. On the other hand, if you're just dealing with a couple doped-up deer or a eyes-redder-than-the-devil's-dick raccoon, camera footage'll show that too.

God be with you if you got a blazed bobcat on your hands. You'll never even see it coming.

Last edited:
plant more and partner with the fucking thieves when everyone wins everyone wins. They sound like stoner waste?

plant more and partner with the fucking thieves when everyone wins everyone wins. They sound like stoner waste?
Partner with thieves?

Mannnnn, if you weren't thievin' with them from the jump then there's no loyalty at all.

I'll respect a thief who's good at the game but fuck them if they even think I'm gonna try to trust them.

Partner with thieves?

Mannnnn, if you weren't thievin' with them from the jump then there's no loyalty at all.

I'll respect a thief who's good at the game but fuck them if they even think I'm gonna try to trust them.
I don't agree with what your saying.. maybe teach them how they don't need to steal?

the led lights nowadays are so powerful they can easily match the outdoor growing. cheep like the budgie now too/

I don't agree with what your saying.. maybe teach them how they don't need to steal?
Why is the onus on me to teach someone how to behave in a way that doesn't make them an open target to retaliation, regardless of the form it bounces back in?

I don't have kids for a reason, neversick. I take care of me, my dogs and, after them, my family,

If you think it's on society to teach a thief not to thieve then I think you've got things a little fucked up. That happens as a youth but as an adult there are just some things that are fully expected from members of society, and lessons start to come in the form of consequences after a certain point.

And to partner with a thief is to fool yourself into being stolen from. It's honestly the dumbest shit I've heard all day (and I've heard a few doozies throughout my 234 deliveries), so I'm kind of trying to figure out if you're just fuckin' with me..

Why is the onus on me to teach someone how to behave in a way that doesn't make them an open target to retaliation, regardless of the form it bounces back in?

I don't have kids for a reason, neversick. I take care of me, my dogs and, after them, my family,

If you think it's on society to teach a thief not to thieve then I think you've got things a little fucked up. That happens as a youth but as an adult there are just some things that are fully expected from members of society, and lessons start to come in the form of consequences after a certain point.

And to partner with a thief is to fool yourself into being stolen from. It's honestly the dumbest shit I've heard all day (and I've heard a few doozies throughout my 234 deliveries), so I'm kind of trying to figure out if you're just fuckin' with me..
Well some people need to be taught? in this situation what is the reality? You have someone dishonest enough to steal but honest enough to steal small amounts and attempt to hide it. What that tells me is that even though they ARE a thief they wouldn't be if they were taught a better option.

I get what your saying and completely respect it.. also with well over two decades cultivating. Just thinking of an option here were everyone wins and the overall situation resolves.