• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Who maintains on Kratom?

i have maintained on kratom for years even tho i was never physically addicted to opioids, a decision I regret. It's acute physical wd symptoms arent as bad as dope or oxy, but are more protracted, usually lasting 2-3 months after cold turkey cessation. I dont think it should be outlawed or anything, but im not sure its better than suboxone unless the $$ makes sense for you. Check our /r/quittingkratom for more stories.

probably better than methadone, but idk about subs. If you are dealing with physical addiction and money or insurance isnt a big issue i would recommend subs.

I have never experienced anywhere near that long of a withdrawal issue from kratom. In fact I have always thought kratom was about the shortest withdrawal of any opioid, and seems to have less of an occurrence of PAWS. Although that said, this past time I tried to quit I made it 22 days and still felt exhausted and shitty. But I used 16mg of suboxone in 8 doses spread over 16 days beforehand to come off my super heavy kratom dose, and I've been addicted to suboxone before, so I kind of assume that the suboxone is what made it linger so long this time. The first time I came off kratom, by day 4 I felt perfectly fine. I've come on and off it (and other opiates) many times, and in general it seems to last about 7-9 days for me before I feel normal again, other than residual insomnia, except this last time.

post long term usage cessation, after about 2 weeks the only remaining wd effects for me are insomnia and gastrointestinal issues. Doesnt sound that bad, but shitting 3 times a day and sleeping 3 hours a night for 2-3 months really fucks you up. been through it 3 times now. Recommend the quittingkratom sub i mentioned above for more details. my experience is not unusual or the worst case scenario.

I been on Kratom 5 years and have not touch pills since, they dont even work on my anymore. I found the right strain and dose ( dose to make me feel good. gatta find the right brand and dose. I take 10-12 grams a dose (2table spoons) never touch a pill since

What strain out of curiosity? How often do you dose?

I have never experienced anywhere near that long of a withdrawal issue from kratom. In fact I have always thought kratom was about the shortest withdrawal of any opioid, and seems to have less of an occurrence of PAWS. Although that said, this past time I tried to quit I made it 22 days and still felt exhausted and shitty. But I used 16mg of suboxone in 8 doses spread over 16 days beforehand to come off my super heavy kratom dose, and I've been addicted to suboxone before, so I kind of assume that the suboxone is what made it linger so long this time. The first time I came off kratom, by day 4 I felt perfectly fine. I've come on and off it (and other opiates) many times, and in general it seems to last about 7-9 days for me before I feel normal again, other than residual insomnia, except this last time.

Yeah the post acute kratom withdrawal lingered longer for me this time too. That is sort of the natural progression of withdrawal with each successive time being more severe and longer in duration.

I hadnt taken kratom since i quit over a month and recently took ot for 3 days straight at only maybe 20gpd and after had yawning, lacrimation, aching joints, insomnia, dysphoria/anxiety. I may haven burned my ability to use kratom for a while, hadnt reached homeostasis yet apparently.

Sometimes after abusing drugs you never reach homeostasis, for instance a single large dose of benzos will have significant consequences for me due to being a massive fiend at multiple points in my life.

It definitely will help with withdrawal from stronger opiates. You'd be surprised, most of the people that claim kratom just "doesn't work for them", have only tried to take low quality store bought kratom in small doses.

Using quality kratom in higher doses will likely work in most circumstances.
Where would be a good place to get quality kratom ? I bought red Bali from a smoke shop, but if there is a better strain/retailer hook me up bro

Where would be a good place to get quality kratom ? I bought red Bali from a smoke shop, but if there is a better strain/retailer hook me up bro

To be honest ive found some headshop kratom to be just as good as premium online kratom. Not all of it. But some of it. This has changed overtime with headshop kratom improving in quality due to demand and increased purchaser sophistication. The biggest issue with headshop kratom is that some capsules are underdosed. But the powders can range from mediocre to good. Some of the supply channels are overlapping to some degree. Kratom only grows in certain places and there is a only a certain degree of variability.

To be honest ive found some headshop kratom to be just as good as premium online kratom. Not all of it. But some of it. This has changed overtime with headshop kratom improving in quality due to demand and increased purchaser sophistication.
I recently discovered a headshop brand that is by far the strongest I've ever had... in each strain they offer... It's clear to me they reinforce it with some sort of extract, though. I'm not sure how. VERY strong and quality stuff. Honestly bought it one day randomly and was VERY surprised.

it says "serving size 1.2g.... amount of kratom per serving 1.1g...." ---???? not sure what that 0.1g is, unspecificed, but I'm about 99% sure it's some sort of extract - definitely kratom and not some RC, it's just very very strong kratom! Strongest I've ever had in my life TBH.

Brand is called NJOY

6g of this feels like 12g of regular bulk powder kratom I've had over the last 10 years.

Ok cool thanks, the stuff I have actually has a potency on the bag it claims there is 15.5mg mitragynin per gram and .045mg 7-OH per gram, that sound decent ? Brand is remarkable herbs

I believe that you would like something similar to classical opioid and that would be "red thai" or "red borneo" in my book. I dose 4-6 grams of red thai or red borneo (or mix) when I am only after pain relief, while I find green malay best for morning/work hours. But again, that will depend on your supplier and preferences. Try things out at first and stick with best you find.
Red Thai excists never tried it, but i love Green Malay, or used to as i am no longer using them.

Myself i did't come from a heavy opiate scene. Ymmv.

Red Borneo and/ or Green Malay. No extracts just powdered leaf. Trust me.

post long term usage cessation, after about 2 weeks the only remaining wd effects for me are insomnia and gastrointestinal issues. Doesnt sound that bad, but shitting 3 times a day
That is actually normal, the sleeping part i get it hate not be able to sleep.

I even hate shittin' in all honestly, but 3 x a day is actually outstanding. The golden standard. Without knowing your private details about it.

I did for like 6 months due to no supply of my oxy . It got me thru but it always felt like I just was “almost” where i wanted to be , just on the brink of the wonderful opiate feeling . And if I pushed my dose I could never get “there” I would just get sick ! It was almost like a tease .

I did for like 6 months due to no supply of my oxy . It got me thru but it always felt like I just was “almost” where i wanted to be , just on the brink of the wonderful opiate feeling . And if I pushed my dose I could never get “there” I would just get sick ! It was almost like a tease .
Yep, as I read and wrote before... Regarding opioid effect, kratom is very interesting. Not limited to it, but interesting effect is that kratom contains alkaloids that are mu receptor agonists, partial agonists and antagonist. It has many other interesting effects that we know of, and many others that we still don't know, but this trifecta of agonist is very agonising if one is in pursuit of opioid high. :)

I found kratom 5 years ago, "maintaining" doesn't quite cover what it has done for me. Before finding it, my plethora of both physical and mental ailments were extensive and out of control. Dozens of doctors, thousands of pills to no avail, as so many like me, I turned to the street. Where I found something I believed was my cure-all, Lady heroin. Honestly, that made existence melt away. Unbeknowst to me it was also consuming me. There was no way out, not one i was willing to use at least. I had tried so many different methods to stop using and stay away from it. Every single time I went right on back. Until, that is, I found kratom. Kratom has opened so many doorways for me in my life. I am now off of every lab created substance. First time in my life that I am happy to be here. First time in my life where the pain doesn't control me. first time in my life that I truly feel alive!!
Now, there are many factors that come into play when dealing with kratom. First, High levels of 7OH is a dangerous thing to play with. There is a study posted on AKA website that has contributed withdraw symptoms to this alkaloid and not MIT. So, high and frequent dosing of extracts can very well put you in a physically dependent situation. Where as, MIT is A'okay!. Taking breaks is suggested. Also, You MUST STAY WELL HYDRATED!!!! The common side effects that people experience are due to dehydration. If you experience withdraw symptoms I suggest looking into Javanca and hirusta. Both carry the MIT alkaloid. and are great botanicals just like their beautiful cousin, kratom. also, you have to be careful that the kratom you get are in fact clean and not adulterated. Unfortunately, there have been vendors who add tramadol and stuff like that to their kratom. Always verify the labs and the reports!

Dose mitragynin get metabolized into 7-OH or only partially ? I just bought some extract pills that say 70mg mit per. But it was 20$ For 2 pills, I did a little math and at 15.5mg per gram with 3oz at 32$ it just seems logical to extract yourself, I’m gonna try a QWISO was with cold iso, then try a acid soak before the QWISO extract..anyone tried these methods ?

e: also after I try the crude extraction I’m gonna try an a/b extract, not sure what solvent is best so if anyone knows it would help

Last edited:
Yep, as I read and wrote before... Regarding opioid effect, kratom is very interesting. Not limited to it, but interesting effect is that kratom contains alkaloids that are mu receptor agonists, partial agonists and antagonist. It has many other interesting effects that we know of, and many others that we still don't know, but this trifecta of agonist is very agonising if one is in pursuit of opioid high. :)
With my limited exp with Opi's. Codeine and Tramadol, I actually think kratom beats them.

Now i have some experience with a through opioid, o-DSMT. And the itch the lethargy, that it causes are at best annoying. Kratom is way better imo.

With my limited exp with Opi's. Codeine and Tramadol, I actually think kratom beats them.
Never used high enough amounts of codeine but I prefer kratom to tramadol. Although, regarding pain control even going one place up the opioid scale to tapentadol kratom can't compete. Morphine and oxycodone are in the league of their own of course. :)

Never used high enough amounts of codeine but I prefer kratom to tramadol. Although, regarding pain control even going one place up the opioid scale to tapentadol kratom can't compete. Morphine and oxycodone are in the league of their own of course. :)
Yesterday morning I would have agreed with you, but this morning I think mit can be right there with those stonger opioids…I think maybe the plant has a built in safe guard with the alkaloid profile making it a little harder to get that high, but I’m about 95% sure somewhat pure mit crystals which I think are 13x more potent than morphine? are just as bad as heroin, I’m sure this isn’t a popular opinion but we got to call a spade a spade

Last edited:
If something is more potent than morphine it doesn't mean a thing on its own. Bioavalability, can it easily cross blood brain barier, how it interacts with other alkaloids, is it full or partial agonist, mechanism of opioid action (G-protein-coupled vs beta arestin)...there are many known and much unknown things that contribute to effect of some substance. Especially if we are talking about plant and not a single molecule. Pregabalin is a single molecule but it is still a mystery to a great degree even to those who tweaked it. I love kratom, and believe that it contaons alkalods that act as opioid agonist, partial agonists and antagonists. It sure can't hold a candle to classical opium poppy derived opioids, but exactly of that built in mechanism regarding opioid effects and complexity of the other effects (adrenergic, serotonergic, dopaminergic...) it is a great tool for multiple things. :)