• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Who maintains on Kratom?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Just curious as to who has successfully used Kratom for a long period without returning to stronger opioids. @negrogesic i think you mentioned you take Kratom?

I’ve been on it like a month and am pretty positive I’m gonna withdrawal upon stopping, been taking 2-3 OPMS gold caps a day which is like 20-25 grams of powder.

I like Kratom it just seems to give me off side effects other opiates never have like mental fog, sometimes anxiety, dizziness and weakness…. Some of these symptoms are concerning.

Not sure I can stop now though not with work which is lovely back in the cycle of addiction / withdrawal for the 900th time

Me. I don't do extracts or take massive doses. That's where the problems start. Nobody takes it just to take the edge off anymore.Everyone wants to do massive doses to get that opioid feel back and it just defeats the purpose. Not saying that is where you are but I know your history and it WAS pretty bad. You have recovered and wanted a little lift in your step and a bit of a mood enhancer. I certainly understand. It will never replace the massive amount of drugs you used to do.

Did in the past and as from yesterday I am back on kratom. Can't say that I am maintaining but I will be taking it every day so it amounts to the same. I am using it for chronic pain and depression that comes from not being able to do things cause of the pain. Hope it will give me enough of relief to start enjoying life. Last time I was on it was few last months of previous year. Kicked it without some serious issues (comparatively speaking...comparing to tramadol, morphine oxycodone and buprenorphine).

Kratom has its own set of upsides and downsides. If you stick to plain leaf and don't go to extracts than your stomach will make sure the amount you take is somewhat reasonable. It is opioid but you will never get some serious nodding high. When one knows that he can't get much higher then compulsion to take more is not there. While it works, it is very nice subtle substance that is legal in most of the Western world and it satisfies opioid cravings to a certain extent. Although in that regard it can be a double edged sword. Not as strong of a painkiller as I would have liked but comparable to low dose of oxycodene of 5mg (max 10mg), which is nice. I wouldn't advise to dose more than 10 grams at once cause it could lead to stomach pain ad dysphoria. I believe that kratom is opioid agonist, partial opioid agonist and even has some alkaloids that are opioid antagonists. Have been reading about it being opioid antagonist also, and it would make sense based on my experience with diminishing effects when dosages are upped.

Regarding dosing I would advise 4-8 grams range. Some people say that strains are irrelevant while other swear by them. I would say that one should find a reputable source, strain(s) that he likes the most and stick with that. I believe that you would like something similar to classical opioid and that would be "red thai" or "red borneo" in my book. I dose 4-6 grams of red thai or red borneo (or mix) when I am only after pain relief, while I find green malay best for morning/work hours. But again, that will depend on your supplier and preferences. Try things out at first and stick with best you find.

I would say that going over 40 grams of kratom daily is not advisable, and would actually say that 4-5 times of 4-8 grams is maximum recommended dose. You will have to dose every 4 hours after dependence is created cause kratom is not long lasting so that is a minus. Withdrawal tend to be more psychological than physical and is short lived. If one has access to some pregabalin and benzos for a week the whole withdrawal can be almost painless. I have heard people mention black seed oil for the withdrawal. I have bought it but have not used it in the past. @negrogesic will tell more about that and I will be all ears when he does.

If you are in States try to use agmatine as it supposedly helps with tolerance (or it potentiate kratom, not 100% sure). I am truly sorry that I can't test it. Some idiots have put it under control in EU with some "food act" so I can't order it at all. Again negrogesic should comment on that.

That's all I can contribute for now. If you have some further queries I will be happy to share my experience. :)

Me. I don't do extracts or take massive doses. That's where the problems start. Nobody takes it just to take the edge off anymore.Everyone wants to do massive doses to get that opioid feel back and it just defeats the purpose. Not saying that is where you are but I know your history and it WAS pretty bad. You have recovered and wanted a little lift in your step and a bit of a mood enhancer. I certainly understand. It will never replace the massive amount of drugs you used to do.

I just wanna thank you Pumpkin you’ve taken a personal note to know things about me and follow my story and it’s just nice. I’m sorry I haven’t reached out much but I respect the hell out of you for reaching out to me and I appreciate you. You are right it won’t replace the things I used to do and really I don’t wanna go back there anyways and pray I never do.

But thank you for being so personable and listening to everything I write. I appreciate you.

God bless best wishes always my friend

I maintained for years on kratom, but ended up back on heroin from '18 - '20. But managed to quit H and was on kratom again for quite some time. I did switch to Suboxone now so I no longer take kratom.

But I maintained on kratom for quite some time before.

I just wanna thank you Pumpkin you’ve taken a personal note to know things about me and follow my story and it’s just nice. I’m sorry I haven’t reached out much but I respect the hell out of you for reaching out to me and I appreciate you. You are right it won’t replace the things I used to do and really I don’t wanna go back there anyways and pray I never do.

But thank you for being so personable and listening to everything I write. I appreciate you.

God bless best wishes always my friend
My pleasure. have been reading your posts for quite some time and I know you fought hard to climb out of the depths of hell. I was so proud of you when you kicked everything as was so hoping it would stick. You really are a success story. <3

I been on Kratom 5 years and have not touch pills since, they dont even work on my anymore. I found the right strain and dose ( dose to make me feel good. gatta find the right brand and dose. I take 10-12 grams a dose (2table spoons) never touch a pill since
Congrats

When I moved to Europe from the US about 5 years ago I switched completely to kratom. Initially it was just to get me through the transition, but I've stuck with just kratom. I prefer that it is semi-legal, has a limit on useful dosage, and keeps me mildly numb.
I just take the leaf powder, red strains, small dosages of 1-2 grams throughout the day. A bigger dose will fuck me up in a bad way (nausea, headache, the eye wobble, a feeling of extremely low blood sugar). So I titrate it with smaller doses, to keep myself riding on the wave. I'd guess I take around 10 g a day.

I tried Kratom a couple times but it just never worked for me , never made a dent in wd and definitely never got me high…how do you guys take your powder ? Make a tea or just eat the powder ?

I tried Kratom a couple times but it just never worked for me , never made a dent in wd and definitely never got me high…how do you guys take your powder ? Make a tea or just eat the powder ?
How many grams did you take in your dose? I take capsules because I just cannot do toss and wash no matter how hard I try. I am not real sure kratom would help with heroin or methadone withdrawls but they probably would for codeine or vicodin. It doesn't get me high or produce euphoria. Most people want it to, and try to acheive that goal, but increasing the dose just produces nasty side effects. I can still feel between 3 and 5 grams and I have taken it steadily for 2 years with no breaks.

3 grams is a little stimulating. Not jittery like coffee....more like a moderate dose of gabapentin.

5 grams is stimulating and sedating. Kind of like 600 mgs of pregabalin

7 grams will straight up make me drowsy as hell and muscle relaxation. Kind of like 700 mgs of Soma or 1 mg. of a benzo

Everybody is so different. The 40 alkaloids in kratom are working on our CNS. Not just the mitragynine. Most people take it for the partial MU activity. I also like the other 39 alkaloids in it.

Quit heroin the 2nd time 10 years ago. Picked up kratom and never looked back.

Other than a relapse a year ago and various smaller things like being injured and prescribed codeine or whatever I have successfully use kratom to stay clean almost 10 years.

I love that little plant. It helps me stay sober from a lot of things not just opioids.

Quit heroin the 2nd time 10 years ago. Picked up kratom and never looked back.

Other than a relapse a year ago and various smaller things like being injured and prescribed codeine or whatever I have successfully use kratom to stay clean almost 10 years.

I love that little plant. It helps me stay sober from a lot of things not just opioids.
That's great Mr. Snaffy. You da' man.

I don't know what are you getting at @dalpat077 but it is always nice to hear from you. :)

I have started kratom for pain issues and my method is:
1) Take a half full glass of water
2) Put kratom (plain leaf powder) in the glass with water
3) Use an electric cappuccino mixer (https://sc01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB15UcJIVXXXXb3XXXXq6xXFXXXU/220429589/HTB15UcJIVXXXXb3XXXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg) to mix powder with water as well as you can
4) Drink the beverage

Sorry if I didn't see some mistake or didn't get some joke. I promise that I will not report you. 🤣🤣🤣 Learned my lesson there. 🤣🤣🤣

Anyways, it is nice to hear from you dalpat. :)

I am not real sure kratom would help with heroin or methadone withdrawls but they probably would for codeine or vicodin.
It definitely will help with withdrawal from stronger opiates. You'd be surprised, most of the people that claim kratom just "doesn't work for them", have only tried to take low quality store bought kratom in small doses.

Using quality kratom in higher doses will likely work in most circumstances.

Do You get it from a head shop? There are huge variations in potency depending on source.

I was on kratom for 6 months but ended up switching to suboxone because of anxiety and brain fog. Some people seem to do well on kratom long term. If its working for you I would stay on, if its not, look at some other options.