• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Who is your favorite philosopher / intellectual / societal influencer or commentator?

There are many influential people in modern society and throughout history.

From Ted Kaczynski to Diogenes, who stands out most to your world view?
props for mentioning ted kaczynski. not as funny as stanhope. but doug does have the benefit of hedonistic open ended drug use. can't confirm the same about kaczynski. Still both of em walk around with a fair bit of bile for the political left. But again, one's in the desert & likes shrooms, the other is in black box & likely has no help with that.

How insane is that? That Kaczynski's brain is probably not even being put towards active weird meta problem solving. Drug war loses again.

Last edited:
props for mentioning ted kaczynski. not as funny as stanhope. but doug does have the benefit of hedonistic open ended drug use. can't confirm the same about kaczynski. Still both of em walk around with a fair bit of bile for the political left. But again, one's in the desert & likes shrooms, the other is in black box & likely has no help with that.

How insane is that? That Kaczynski's brain is probably not even being put towards active weird meta problem solving. Drug war loses again.

i would have to say the guy they call jesus from nazareth. maybe not the traditional iconic dude espoused by the churches but the man that lived and tried to explain things where others could see through the corruptions/misinformations of the day. they just seem to me an observation of the repetivtiveness of history.
go figure....

in terms of ..:
understanding the world and human history, best philosophical POV: Heidegger
getting how deep and complex human nature is: Cioran, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer
most creative philosopher, best guy to get inspiration from and look into the future: Deleuze
best philosophical system, creating a rational framework to make sense of the world: Spinoza, Hegel
best ethics: Jesus from Nazareth, Epictetus, Seneca, Pascal, Socrates
better marxist/materialistic point of view: Guy Debord, Raoul Vaneigem
most radical and vanguardist politics: Tiqqun, some aspects of Frankfurt School of Critical Theory
Best psychologists: C. G. Jung, L. Wittgenstein
most fun: Terence Mckenna

Lao Tze,Joseph Cambell,Richard Evans Shultze...a lot of
If you like The Tao check my post above, my 2nd pick is a Taoist also & in many folks view more blunt in the way he puts it across.

Many experts in The Tao question is Lao Tzu actually lived & the book published under his name is a collection of many Taoist sayings.

"The Master has gone to collect herbs on the side of the mountain, location unknown."
🧘🧠😉

Behold Plato's Man 🤗🤣
His famous quote to Alexander The Great has been used by me several times when talking to a woman who liked me but was obsessed with her looks & had that terrible"Love Island" logic upon life.

Never mind all those hashtags of "WWJD" What would Jesus do, all you need is "WWDD" as in What would Diogenes do?
🤯🤗

Gurdjieff, Ouspensky & the Fourth Way school. For a bridge between esoteric & modern psychology. Realistic view of the capabilities & restrictions of human beings. Colin Wilson has written some great summary books on this.

better marxist/materialistic point of view: Guy Debord, Raoul Vaneigem

don't leave home without it :)

Such as?

Personally I find most of their work horrific and serves just one agenda. I'm very curious what aspects you are a fan of to say the least about it.
Which agenda?
I think is a common misconception to think the Frankfurt school are the ones who have built the woke agenda and woke points of view, you can read Erich Fromm, Horkheimer or even Marcuse and you won't find any of that comtemporary popular leftist crap.
Their analysis of how Power uses different cultural aspects to enslave the mind and create a mainstream current of political interpretation is very well done.
The thing I dislike and I consider rotten in their theory is the typical jewish psychoanalitic atheist POV about sex/family which I consider completely misguided. It's very obviously based on the stupid/simplistic/obsessive Freud's interpretation of sex and Engels interpretation of the role of family as a reactionary cell.

Last edited: