View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Who here would do a thumbprint?

B9

Bluelight Crew
Do the much vaunted *thumbprint* and what would be your reason(s) for doing so? What do you anticipate the benefits/drawbacks of such an undertaking would be?

zophen(idly curious)

Would be very tempting if I had the chance, but I probably wouldn't do it.

Mainly because I've never tried acid before, but even if I had, I probably wouldn't have the guts to do a thumbprint. It'd be a once in a lifetime opportunity, the outcome of which could really change your life for the better.

Only one main drawback I can think of - a bad trip on a thumbprint dose. Seems to me that's the sort of experience that would mentally scar you for life.

Having said that, I once read a report of some guy who was totally inexperienced with acid trying a thumbprint. He had a complete nightmare trip but came out the other side a better person.

From the few thumbprint reports I've read, everyone who has tried it says they still feel weird even today - as if they are constantly dosed. Some people would call that a benefit, but I don't think I'd like to feel that way constantly.

if anyone here has ever tried a thumbprint dose please tell.

If I had the chance I would probably do it, it really is a once in a life time experience and can defiently change your life for better.....or for worse, it can go either way

i would, but id most certainly want to be with a much experienced hippy, like somebody thats been tripping since the kool aid acid test days. without someone like that i most certainly would not. ive got way to much respect for alice to abuse her like that.

I'd be in doubt, but I think I'll eventually take the print.

I would not, I'm too scared. Plus, I'm not sure it would be beneficial or safe.

I would do it only if me and the wife could do it together, there'd have to be a couple of very reliable friends sitting for us too. I imagine it's a test of faith so to speak, I'd hope to find with concrete certainty the answer to the question WHY?

zophen

Yes Please

Oh Yeah. Where can I get one? How much will it cost? How long will it last? I love acid. It's been a long time but I'm up for it.

:)

I had a friend who took a "spread" of crystal lsd across a matza cracker and ended up having a psychotic break, or what most would term a psychotic break anyhow. He described seeing people as balls of light for nearly 6 months, and he had very little control over when this happened. He also become very paranoid that one of the people amoungst his circle of hippies was an "fbi agent" and at one point a friend's iguana had become a :cia mindops agent" that was communicating to him through brain waves. Now, this all happened several years before I met the guy, and he continues to exhibit signs of paranoia till this day (nearly 12 year later). At new years eve 2000, he was with me and we took lots of acid together at a phish show, along with e, cactus powder, and weed. He ended up having another meltdown, and this time I became the cia agent in his mind, but a few hours later he told me that he thought he was the cia agent and that all the drugs over the years had confused him...reminded me of PKD...he seems much better these days, but I think that the crystal lsd did him in. I didn;t know him beforehand, so I can;t say if I think he had latent issues that were brought to the surface...but most of us humans do.

Despite all that I would try a thumbprint myself...I am only gonna live once. I have a similar philosophy about trying heroin. I know I would love it and want it all the time, so I will not do it until I am old, maybe at say 75 I will go and start shooting some smack.

lol catfish.

No thanks. 1 blotter showed me all that there is to see. Taking a thumbprint would not offer more, and would only waste a lot of LSD that others will find more usefull.

my friend and a friend of his got a box of sugar cubes that had all been dosed, and they sold a bunch of them and to a bunch of people and htey didnt fry and his friend ate 3 of them from the bottom corner. i guess it all soaked down there cause he said 10 minutes later he was puking up hundreds of hits of acid. and he needed to be taken home immediately to be alone(i'd do the same thing) and my friend saw him the next day and he was all fucked, he got all emotionally telling the "you have no idea what ive just been through" story and i guess he's been, i wouldnt say damaged but you fryers who have had profoundly terrible or amazing trips know what i mean

I've binged on over a hundred hits in a couple of days, dropping an entire vial in my nose. If I had a large quantity of acid, and I had the time, maybe I'd binge on it in a similar way.

I'm a bit skeptical of the whole thumbprint thing, how much of it is truth and how much of it is myth. It sounds so high schoolish to me.

I suppose if one had a few months to recover it would not be too terribly bad, and that is also if you can handle the intensity. So my answer is a definate no, since I am rather busy and can only afford a night and morning here and there.

Also bear in mind potency. A thumbprint of most of the street acid now would be intense I'd say but nothing overwhelming, but a thumbprint of LSD-25 and you are fuk'd proper 8o

Actually, w/ a thumbprint of impure poorly synthesized LSD, the impurities could conceivably do so significant damage. If there is an ergot alkaloid impurity in your batch that is a vasoconstricter, an ordinary recreational dose may not give you enough of it to have effects. But if you do a thumbprint with such an impurity in it, you might come down and find a few of your limbs converted to gangrene. Ouch!!

"Oh Yeah. Where can I get one? How much will it cost? How long will it last? "

If you come across the chance to do one, it won't likely cost you a thing. It'll last very, very long. Not recommended for anyone with a stable job who wants to keep it.

gloggawogga said:
I've binged on over a hundred hits in a couple of days, dropping an entire vial in my nose. If I had a large quantity of acid, and I had the time, maybe I'd binge on it in a similar way..

Did you achieve any worth while profound results from such a large binge?

Elgr, I agree. I would also go as far to say that anyone that has a stable mind and wants to keep it should refrain from this.

dilated_pupils: Thumbprinting is essentially pressing your thumb in crystal LSD and licking it off. This will cause for an EXTREMELY potent amount of lsd to enter your system. A typical dose of lsd is in the microgram scale, and thumbprinting is believed to be ingesting at the very least, 40mg of LSD 8o This equates to about 400 strong hits of acid! Take that as you will . You could actuallly end up getting anywhere in the 100mg-150mg range with thumbprinting...which would be ONE THOUSAND hits of lsd, ore more.

I found this link from an old thread here, a good read if you want to know more about this: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1427364&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

SWIM has always wanted to do one and if offered one in at the right time he would take it. SWIM might not necessarily take a thumbprint by sticking his finger on a crystal but he would definitely take 10mg or so of lsd, and go up from there. Before taking a thumbprint SWIM would want to take just a few mg of lsd (5000ug or so) just to get the feel for such a high dose. Maybe this would be plenty and the side effects of a print would just last too long. It seems that thumbprints might be a bit overkill.

SWIM would also want to take a print with an old hippy or atleast have them in his presence. SWIM would not want to take a thumbprint with his wife though. That would be a recipe for disaster.