• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Who else here would delete all social media accounts (excluding this one) if not for the fact that its the only way to stay in touch with a dealer?

I delete every possible way to contact my dealer every few months. A week later I’ll still somehow find myself sitting on his sofa waiting for his re-up to arrive.

I deleted all social media a year ago and found myself so much more happier it was almost enough to quit drugs anyway.

I delete every possible way to contact my dealer every few months. A week later I’ll still somehow find myself sitting on his sofa waiting for his re-up to arrive.

I deleted all social media a year ago and found myself so much more happier it was almost enough to quit drugs anyway.
Social Media in itself can be addictive, so I can only imagine how freeing it must feel to give it up.

I've deleted all my contact info quite a number of times only to find myself randomly going to the neighborhood and knocking on my man's door. You'd think getting clean would be so easy, lol. I guess not.

It's crazy but I doubt my story is uncommon at all.

Wow, dealing through social media? Sketchy lol, if I were to deal (or buy) drugs I certainly wouldn't do it through social media.

I got rid of my Facebook like 2 years ago, well I still have it, for the purposes of using it for music networking (I'm in two bands and a lot of venues won't even consider you if you don't have a certain number of likes for your band page), but I literally never log into it except for that. My life notably improved once I stopped going there.

Ha. I have the opposite problem. Somebody hacked my facebook account that I've had since 2007. It won't let me sign in anymore. I never use it much but still, it's odd. Everybody I've dealt with in the drug scene has been through friends except one dude I met through an Internet forum in 2007 and still deal with

I don't have any social network account. In fact I don't have any dealer. Poor little me. 😪

I dont have Instagram, Facebook or snapchat. I've got wickr. Social media platforms creep me the fuck out.

I'd be too paranoid buying/selling via SM.

As a couple of you have mentioned, yeah it is sketchy dealing through social media (and it does make me a bit paranoid), but a lot of my dealers only form of communication is private messaging via their social media accounts. Its that or waste gas driving to their place just to ask if anything is available or not.

I have deleted all my social media accounts, but I never did any drug related with it. I did not participate in all to begin with, but Facebook and other major ones. Having a background in STEM, I always had some reservation or 'natural paranoia' towards them, but seeing how they amp up their manipulation during the process of leaving, this finally pushed me over the edge back then and I went through with it. Did it mainly for my own peace of mind, but I think Jaron Lanier and others are absolutely right, it's critical that at least some people are outside of these systems, if everybody is in these bubbles that's a real problem.

Not saying it's not possible, but I sometimes cringe when folks proudly report how conscious and intentional they use social media, and that they are not addicted etc. These companies aren't billion dollar heavy for no reason, same with borderline retarded advertising etc. These things are here because the models behind it work, we exploit each other, I don't particularly like that.

@Xorkoth and others already touched on this, by now there is considerably pressure to partake in these networks (job market, social conventions, etc.) and I personally experienced prejudice and stigma just because of that. Crazy world. That's certainly something to consider..

I used to just send my dealer regular text messages with not-very-creative code words. Usually about being hungry and wanting to come over for a feed. I’m fairly sure that when he’s inevitably busted my number will end up in police database somewhere but I don’t expect them to then come knocking down my door. I don’t know any dealers that use social media in any way and they have never heard of the word ‘encryption’.

I use it mainly to keep in touch with relatives and close friends from school, but it got to where I had close relatives getting on there and it was just getting weird being able to log in. It wouldn't let me log in then all the sudden it'd work. Now it seems permanently fucked

i deleted all social media years ago. it's nice not having the distractions. it's funny too i don't miss insta or facebook in the least. bluelight is the only thing that i use to talk to people on the internet. ahh life is simple without the ties to my old life.

I try not to associate with those ‘types’ on my everyday social media, they all advertise themselves so darn publicly that I keep waiting for a raid when I’m picking up.

Also couldn’t keep up my wholesome good girl appearance with all them ruffians up in my grill ‘wanna $20? It’s the BEST STUFF ever’ on photos of my kids cat 🤦‍♀️

I barely go on Facebook these days literally maybe once a month. I spend the majority of my internet time on Bluelight with small amount on Reddit to read Trip Reports about compounds that are newish and may not been discussed here to heavily yet. I work 6 days a week now and just dont have the time for Facebook and Instagram and not do I care too much. I have a great group of friends here I chat with and that brings me happiness. Primarily use RC's so I communicate via email quite a bit, Proton Mail for the win. If some random person tried to sell me drugs or something on social media I'd block them immediately.

I have deleted all my social media accounts, but I never did any drug related with it. I did not participate in all to begin with, but Facebook and other major ones. Having a background in STEM, I always had some reservation or 'natural paranoia' towards them, but seeing how they amp up their manipulation during the process of leaving, this finally pushed me over the edge back then and I went through with it. Did it mainly for my own peace of mind, but I think Jaron Lanier and others are absolutely right, it's critical that at least some people are outside of these systems, if everybody is in these bubbles that's a real problem.

Not saying it's not possible, but I sometimes cringe when folks proudly report how conscious and intentional they use social media, and that they are not addicted etc. These companies aren't billion dollar heavy for no reason, same with borderline retarded advertising etc. These things are here because the models behind it work, we exploit each other, I don't particularly like that.

@Xorkoth and others already touched on this, by now there is considerably pressure to partake in these networks (job market, social conventions, etc.) and I personally experienced prejudice and stigma just because of that. Crazy world. That's certainly something to consider..
STEM? Please forgive my ignorance, but what's that?

I try not to associate with those ‘types’ on my everyday social media, they all advertise themselves so darn publicly that I keep waiting for a raid when I’m picking up.

Also couldn’t keep up my wholesome good girl appearance with all them ruffians up in my grill ‘wanna $20? It’s the BEST STUFF ever’ on photos of my kids cat 🤦‍♀️
The few dealers I contact through social media only notify me via private messenger. They have more sense then to announce it on a public post or comment, thank goodness. However, I still get paranoid that cops could be onto them at any point, thus putting me on their radar due to mere association.