Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Who are your favorite movie villains?

I don't know if he's been mentioned or not..
5289150902_aeab115afe_o.gif

Darryl Revok in Scanners

Durza in Eragon

Jason Wynn in Spawn

Begbie in Trainspotting

Ralph Fiennes - Amon Goeth

500full.jpg

Heath Ledger - The Joker

Heath_ledger_joker.png

Christoph Waltz - Hans Landa

Hans+landa.JPG

Daniel Day Lewis - Bill the Butcher

daniel_day_lewis.jpg

Alonzo motherfucking Harris
DENZEL_WASHINGTON_TRAINING_DAY.jpg

Not too many villains can make you hate them, turn around and make you trust them, then make you hate them all over again. He is the mindfuck master.

Vincent
tom-cruise-collateral.jpg

Tom Cruise, much like Denzel, always plays the hero. But when he turned villain for Michael Mann's Collateral, he went balls out. I'd love to see him in more roles like this.

David McCall
fear-mark-wahlberg.jpg

Definitely not the guy you want to bring home to mother. Not unless you want to end up an orphan. Mark Wahlberg could have easily went down in history as the Calvin Klein schilling, Good Vibrations having, white boy rapper. But he did a complete 180 in Fear and made you think twice about approaching him and mocking his attempt at rap.

Leslie Vernon
539702_361297923939619_1101803715_n.jpeg

I love the premise of Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. It exists in a reality in which Jason Vorhees, Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers and many other horror movie kings were real life serial killers. Leslie Vernon's only goal in life is to join the ranks of his heroes. He's followed around by a film crew who are documenting his routine as he prepares for his first kills. He is hilarious at times and downright menacing when he loses his temper. This movie plays like a love letter to slasher fans in the same way The Cabin In The Woods was a love letter to horror fans. It's a shame this movie isn't as well-known as it deserves to be, because Leslie Vernon is a very interesting villain. My favorite scene is when he is preparing for his kills and equates it to Christmas. "It all goes by so fast." Then, he starts crying and saying how happy he is. He makes you feel sad and happy for him all at once, then guilty because you realize he's preparing to go on a killing spree. Man, I love this movie.

tumblr_msqnq7Qc9k1snm7s7o1_500.gif

tumblr_msqnq7Qc9k1snm7s7o2_500.gif

Ma-Ma: Skin them. Throw them over the balcony.
Kay: Hit them with a little slo-mo first.
Ma-Ma: Sure.

Last edited:
I'm taken by Robert Knepper from "Transporter III." He played Johnson the boss of "Eco-corp."I mention him because I thought he was awesome as "T-Bag" the psychopath from "Prison Break" the TV drama. And when he lost his hand he was pure hate.

"Defense noted." HA!

As much fun as Dredd was, isn't "Slow-mo" essentially the same fictional drug as "Bloody Eye" in Cowboy Bebop? Who did it first? Was it in the Dredd comic or the Cowboy Bebop manga or something? Each work takes the concept down a different pulp-littered avenue to its own disturbing dead end, but I'm curious.

1. Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet
2. Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet
3. Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet
Yep, my pick, too.

Many of my favorites have been posted, so that's no fun. I'll switch up the criteria a bit and post a few villains that don't have much face time but have especially menacing screen presence or philosophies:

O'Brien - 1984 (for being so ... Orwellian)

+Room+101+-+Rats+-+Ingsoc+-+1984+-+Spirit+of+England+-+Peter+Crawford.jpg

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever."

Mademoiselle - Martyrs (for pursuing transcendent knowledge through sadism):

Mademoiselle%2Bmartyrs.jpg

"Keep doubting."

The Mysterious Stranger - Adventures of Mark Twain (omnipotent nihilism)

vlcsnap-2009-12-07-14h35m51s107.png

"It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream—a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought—a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities." [original Twain quote, for full context]

The Mystery Man - Lost Highway

mvwruz.jpg

"Call me."/ "I was imagining in my own strange world those times I have seen things that weren’t there, when a ghostly appearance occurred. I knew it was my imagination; I wasn’t really seeing something. But I sort of knew what the Devil looked like; I knew what Fate looked like. I used to have this image of myself that would come to me sometimes. I’d go out to the desert and get involved in some strange, isolated kind of thing, and all of a sudden I would come to myself as this white, ghostly creature. I said, ‘Oh yeah, that’s my conscience talking to me.'" (suspected but ultimately acquitted killer/actor Robert Blake on how he got into character for The Mystery Man)

Last edited:
Ralph fiennes as Amon Goeth in Schindlers List.
Sosa in Scarface (not sure if he counts)
Kevin in We Need To Talk About Kevin

As much fun as Dredd was, isn't "Slow-mo" essentially the same fictional drug as "Bloody Eye" in Cowboy Bebop? Who did it first? Was it in the Dredd comic or the Cowboy Bebop manga or something? Each work takes the concept down a different pulp-littered avenue to its own disturbing dead end, but I'm curious.

tbh, ihav never watched cowboy bebop, so couldn't tell ya =/

nice choice on martyrs and lost highway. use to watch that scene when he has dude call himself on the cell at the party A LOT! trippy mane.

okay, i know title is "movie villain" but thinkin about lost highway, lynch, my mind wandered and was thinking of bob from twin peaks possessing leland. way cool how he came to be on the show.

tumblr_mhlohqwZra1rjhnbco1_500.jpg

tbh, ihav never watched cowboy bebop, so couldn't tell ya =/

nice choice on martyrs and lost highway. use to watch that scene when he has dude call himself on the cell at the party A LOT! trippy mane.

okay, i know title is "movie villain" but thinkin about lost highway, lynch, my mind wandered and was thinking of bob from twin peaks possessing leland. way cool how he came to be on the show.

tumblr_mhlohqwZra1rjhnbco1_500.jpg
Bob still works since Lynch made the Twin Peaks prequel film Fire Walk With Me. If you're a Twin Peaks fan and haven't seen it I'm pretty sure you'll love it. It's one of Lynch's less talked about films, but I think that's mostly because a lot of people who watched the TV series for the warm hearted small town quirkiness of it weren't ready for school girl prostitution, pagan rape, and monkeys eating corn in freaky jazz clubs for the newly dead.

^ o man. i don't know how i didn't think of the film when when posting that. u know i have seen the film but it's been so long i can barely recall any of it. watching it now would be a good lynch, twin peaks fix since i don't feel like starting to watch the series again atm. good tip!