Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Who are your favorite movie villains?

How is the goal of the Sith different from the goals of the Dark Side, except for targets?

That's right, and the Jedi promote harmony. Both the Sith and the Empire are after domination through either control or pure destruction.

the-shining-jack.gif

Dr. Doom from the Fantastic Four movie. Movie was shit, but the character is cool.

Jack Nicholson above, for sure, too.

A bit off-topic but it reminds me of Noam Chompsky's & Howard Zinn's large analysis through commentary about how unfair Middle Earth is in LOTR because it paints the underprivileged Orcs etc. as 'bad guys' & how they interpret the privileged as 'good guys' throughout. It's pretty gold. (I still love the books ;))

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...platinum-series-extended-edition-dvd-part-one

OMFG that was so unbearably AWESOME (as a fan of both Chomsky and LOTR)

LOL at Chomsky saying that Gandalf started the war to fund his addiction, and the Shire's addiction, to their crucial and highly addictive export in pipe-weed!!

3. Alex De Large - A Clockwork Orange
2. Patrick Bateman - American Psycho
1. John Doe - Seven

tumblr_m1jqhd9E451rnosvco1_500.gif

Dolores Umbridge.

Maybe one of the best villains of all time, imho.

A few obvious ones, no particular order, and a few less obvious personal faves:

Darth Vader
Maximillian (the Black Hole)
Khan (Star Trek II)
The Terminator
The T-1000
The Alien
The Predator
The Thing
Agent Smith
Hans Gruber
Mitch Leary (In the Line of Fire)
Nagi Hassan (Executive Decision)
Ivan Drago (Rocky 4)
Mr. Smith (Nick of Time)
Blair Sullivan (Just Cause)
Jaws (The Spy Who Loved Me/Moonraker)
Begbie (Trainspotting)

Jackie Weaver as the mother in Animal Kingdom. Subtle but horrible, vile really. I wouldn't say favourite so much, but really well done - you don't realise how truly awful she is until you do.

Christian Bale's Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.

Jack Nicholson in The Shining (an oldie but a goodie).

I'm sure there's more somehow ...

tumblr_m1jqhd9E451rnosvco1_500.gif

Dolores Umbridge.

Maybe one of the best villains of all time, imho.

The movies don't seem to capture how incredibly fucked up she is, in my opinion.

My favorite villain? Well, it's already been said, but of what I haven't seen in this thread I'd have to go with a classic (to me, at least):

Hook+Captain+Hook.jpg

The movies don't seem to capture how incredibly fucked up she is, in my opinion.

oh totally. she is a terrifying villain! she gleefully enjoys torturing children, hurting or killing their pets, and oversees the fascist take over of the Ministry. torturing kids, subjecting innocent muggle borns to the Dementors Kiss for 'stealing magic', etc etc. She's more effectual than Voldemort when it comes to purging halfbreeds from the magical world.

1. Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet
2. Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet
3. Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet

I don't know why he scared me so much but he definitely did. From the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy.

Brother.png