• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Which strain of Kratom is best for opiate withdrawal?

I know it does but that wasn't my question. I'm wondering if taking Kratom before taking buprenorphine can cause P/WD? That's if you know anyway, no worries if not, thanks👍
No, you can take one after the other without going into precipitated WDs. I've done it many times.
You also don't need to wait 24h after your last heroin dose before taking buprenorphine, you only need to be experiencing a couple of WD symptoms. Just start with a low dose of buprenorphine and titrate up.
Anecdotally, I've done things like smoking heroin at night, going to sleep and taking bupe (less than 1mg at first) in the morning without issues.

No, you can take one after the other without going into precipitated WDs. I've done it many times.
You also don't need to wait 24h after your last heroin dose before taking buprenorphine, you only need to be experiencing a couple of WD symptoms. Just start with a low dose of buprenorphine and titrate up.
Anecdotally, I've done things like smoking heroin at night, going to sleep and taking bupe (less than 1mg at first) in the morning without issues.
No it can't be that simple there are literally people pulling their hair out over it it has to be more complicated than that my Gawd

I used Bali Red to get off oxycodone and still take it in the evenings. For me, it feels "comfy" and slightly sedating.
I use Maeng Da Green during the day, especially for work. I find it quite energizing.
YMMV.
Kratom's effects seem to be highly subjective and vary a lot from individual to individual.

Not to be terse but I really dont think it matters what "strain" or "color" the kratom is as long as it is a good product.
2c

I read an article about local Kratom use in rural Thailand and the writer said they preferred the green vein but that could also be because red coloration is associated with older leaves which may have oxidized.

There's also white vein which was the strongest at 1.7% mitragynine, but the guy I got it from says he's not going to stock it anymore because he doesn't sell enough.

Last edited:
Not to be terse but I really dont think it matters what "strain" or "color" the kratom is as long as it is a good product.
2c
It may be my imagination, but I've done a lot of experimenting over the last 3 years and what I describe has been consistent. I do stick to two high-quality brands. Not all brands are equal.
Again, YMMV.
Everybody's different.

No it can't be that simple there are literally people pulling their hair out over it it has to be more complicated than that my Gawd
Yeah haha sometimes people overcomplicate things. There are so many drug-related myths going around.

It's not like the heroin is patiently waiting around your receptors with a chronometer in hand, only to run away as soon as it hits 24:00:00.

I edited the above and 6am but couldn't find a picture of "White Thai" by a company called American Kratom Association out of Austin Texas

Thanks man, I'll keep this in mind!

I have waited like 18 hours before in the past and been fine but I'm just so terrified of precipitated withdrawals😅 Being so scared if P/WD I want to get to 24 hours at least but twice I've made it to 18-ish hours and failed but given how bad my withdrawals were I imagine I'll have been safe.... I should have just gone for it🤦‍♂️

To deal with the withdrawals I have Pregabalin, Loperamide and DXM. Last times I failed I only used Pregabs so I imagine my next attempt will be easier if I use loperamide/DXM etc.

I've just ordered some Kratom that's good for opiate withdrawals and trying to confirm whether it can or can't cause precipitated withdrawals like I've said - but given the fact you've done it and been fine I guess I can give it a go. What strain did you use? How soon did you take Kratom before the bupe?

I also bought myself some passionflower pills as passionflower is meant to be good for opiate withdrawals, or so I've heard anyway... Guess I'll find out🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Thanks man, I'll keep this in mind!

I have waited like 18 hours before in the past and been fine but I'm just so terrified of precipitated withdrawals😅 Being so scared if P/WD I want to get to 24 hours at least but twice I've made it to 18-ish hours and failed but given how bad my withdrawals were I imagine I'll have been safe.... I should have just gone for it🤦‍♂️

To deal with the withdrawals I have Pregabalin, Loperamide and DXM. Last times I failed I only used Pregabs so I imagine my next attempt will be easier if I use loperamide/DXM etc.

I've just ordered some Kratom that's good for opiate withdrawals and trying to confirm whether it can or can't cause precipitated withdrawals like I've said - but given the fact you've done it and been fine I guess I can give it a go. What strain did you use? How soon did you take Kratom before the bupe?

I also bought myself some passionflower pills as passionflower is meant to be good for opiate withdrawals, or so I've heard anyway... Guess I'll find out🤷‍♂️
Keep us updated

Keep us updated
I will do man! I used a website called kratom.co.uk and I'm just hoping it's legit and if it is, that it sells good quality Kratom. There are just very limited Kratom websites to buy the stuff from in the UK and not only did I want it asap, I also didn't want anything possibly getting seized at customs.

I got the strain that they say is best for opiate withdrawals so I guess I'll find out. Maeng Da (which is a white strain I believe) is meant to be the best for opiate withdrawals (or so I've heard) but this was a red strain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will do man! I used a website called kratom.co.uk and I'm just hoping it's legit and if it is, that it sells good quality Kratom. There are just very limited Kratom websites to buy the stuff from in the UK and not only did I want it asap, I also didn't want anything possibly getting seized at customs.

I got the strain that they say is best for opiate withdrawals so I guess I'll find out. Maeng Da (which is a white strain I believe) is meant to be the best for opiate withdrawals (or so I've heard) but this was a red strain.
I've bought green, red and white vein maengda strains from Whole Herbs / Remarkable Herbs which are both marketed by opms