• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Which strain of Kratom is best for opiate withdrawal?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I'm currently smoking heroin and need to get back onto buprenorphine. I need to wait the 24 hours before taking it to avoid the precipitated withdrawals but only ever make it to the 18 hour mark and fail. I've been fine taking it after 18 hours in the past multiple times, however, I'm just absolutely TERRIFIED of P/WD.

I have Pregabalin, black seed oil, Valium and Immodium at my disposal (my previous two failed attempts I did not use Immodium or black seed oil, but I plan on doing so on my next try). The past couple of times I tried to get back onto bupe and failed, I didn't use the Immodium (like I just said) as I have read that you can get P/WD from using Immodium alone but I've read certain things saying you're only going to get P/WD going onto bupe after using Immodium unless you use a lot of it and I only plan on using 20-30mg of the stuff to help with my withdrawals until I take buprenorphine.

There's the Xanax route where I could just take a load of Xanax and knock myself out until it has been 24 hours but I don't want to do that as I am tapering on benzos and managed to get to a reasonable dose of Valium per day.

But yeah, I've read that Kratom can be an absolute life saver when it comes to opiate withdrawals and I'm wondering which strain is the best. I also live in the UK - I'm not too sure whether it's legal or illegal here - I plan on doing some research after this post on it. Not so long ago I seem to remember trying to get some in the UK and couldn't source any Red Bali Kratom. I could find it on websites based in Holland/Netherlands and would buy it from there to get posted to me but I aren't sure if it would get seized or not as idk if it's illegal or not in the UK like I said. Also, if it is illegal, chances are it would get seized as UK borders are much, much tighter than they used to be.

I'm also lead to believe that taking buprenorphine after using Kratom can't cause precipitated withdrawals - is this true?

But yeah, which Kratom is the best strain for opiate withdrawal? Has anybody had experience with using Kratom for opiate withdrawals? If so, any info/help surrounding this would be greatly appreciated - thank you🌞

I'm currently smoking heroin and need to get back onto buprenorphine. I need to wait the 24 hours before taking it to avoid the precipitated withdrawals but only ever make it to the 18 hour mark and fail. I've been fine taking it after 18 hours in the past multiple times, however, I'm just absolutely TERRIFIED of P/WD.

I have Pregabalin, black seed oil, Valium and Immodium at my disposal (my previous two failed attempts I did not use Immodium or black seed oil, but I plan on doing so on my next try). The past couple of times I tried to get back onto bupe and failed, I didn't use the Immodium (like I just said) as I have read that you can get P/WD from using Immodium alone but I've read certain things saying you're only going to get P/WD going onto bupe after using Immodium unless you use a lot of it and I only plan on using 20-30mg of the stuff to help with my withdrawals until I take buprenorphine.

There's the Xanax route where I could just take a load of Xanax and knock myself out until it has been 24 hours but I don't want to do that as I am tapering on benzos and managed to get to a reasonable dose of Valium per day.

But yeah, I've read that Kratom can be an absolute life saver when it comes to opiate withdrawals and I'm wondering which strain is the best. I also live in the UK - I'm not too sure whether it's legal or illegal here - I plan on doing some research after this post on it. Not so long ago I seem to remember trying to get some in the UK and couldn't source any Red Bali Kratom. I could find it on websites based in Holland/Netherlands and would buy it from there to get posted to me but I aren't sure if it would get seized or not as idk if it's illegal or not in the UK like I said. Also, if it is illegal, chances are it would get seized as UK borders are much, much tighter than they used to be.

I'm also lead to believe that taking buprenorphine after using Kratom can't cause precipitated withdrawals - is this true?

But yeah, which Kratom is the best strain for opiate withdrawal? Has anybody had experience with using Kratom for opiate withdrawals? If so, any info/help surrounding this would be greatly appreciated - thank you🌞
You get different opinions on this but after trying all the main strains I've really come to the conclusion that what you want to look for is what percentage of mitragynine does it contain. Anything 1.5% and higher is good is what you want

Good luck not puking when swallowing 15g of this horrible tasting powder straight from hell. I'm not being hyperbolic when saying that I have never tried something that tastes so awful. It's beyond me how the indigenous people can CHEW (yeah you read that right) on those leaves! Satan invented it to torment opi addicts for sure lol...

My personal preference for an Opioid effect strain is Borneo Red. I used to get good consistent opioid effects from it.

Such a difficult question to answer:

I've had bags that made me feel ZERO opiate withdrawal from cold-turkeyed high dose oxy scenarios.. and other times the kratom might as well have been thrown in the trash regarding whether it was effective or not because the kratom did not even put a dent in my opiate withdrawal sickness.

It doesn't matter what brand/strain/variables are involved... it just comes down to whether the strain helps or not with opiate withdrawal in my experience. There's just no way to know lol.

Good luck not puking when swallowing 15g of this horrible tasting powder straight from hell. I'm not being hyperbolic when saying that I have never tried something that tastes so awful. It's beyond me how the indigenous people can CHEW (yeah you read that right) on those leaves! Satan invented it to torment opi addicts for sure lol...
Haha, don't worry, I've had it before. It does taste bad but it's not as bad as you're describing it to be imo. I've had things that taste ten times worse or probably even more than that😂

If you're wondering what could possibly taste 10x (or more) worse than Kratom, it's MK-677. Literally the worst tasting stuff I have had in my life. MK-2866 also tastes really, really bad but not quite as bad as MK-677.

Such a difficult question to answer:

I've had bags that made me feel ZERO opiate withdrawal from cold-turkeyed high dose oxy scenarios.. and other times the kratom might as well have been thrown in the trash regarding whether it was effective or not because the kratom did not even put a dent in my opiate withdrawal sickness.

It doesn't matter what brand/strain/variables are involved... it just comes down to whether the strain helps or not with opiate withdrawal in my experience. There's just no way to know lol.
Thanks for the info man, I'll keep it in mind!

I used Bali Red to kick a fairly heavy oxycodone habit. I experienced no WD symptoms whatsoever.
The powder is kinda rough. I prefer capsules.

You get different opinions on this but after trying all the main strains I've really come to the conclusion that what you want to look for is what percentage of mitragynine does it contain. Anything 1.5% and higher is good is what you want
Thanks for the info👍 Is this the ingredient that has the properties of helping with opiate withdrawals - or is there more to it than that?

Do you know which strains tend to have this much mitragynine in/the most of it in? I was planning on getting either red Bali or white Maeng Da - or maybe both.

Trouble is I live in the UK and I'm having trouble finding a good website to order from.

I'd recommend Red Bali for coming off opiates, but everybody is different.
Maybe try both?

Thanks for the info👍 Is this the ingredient that has the properties of helping with opiate withdrawals - or is there more to it than that?

Do you know which strains tend to have this much mitragynine in/the most of it in? I was planning on getting either red Bali or white Maeng Da - or maybe both.

Trouble is I live in the UK and I'm having trouble finding a good website to order from.
I can't tell you about what it's like getting kratom in the UK I imagine that somebody on here knows @The UltimateFixx ? @AutoTripper I don't know if you're a fan in of opiates but what about having stuff shipped to UK you buy online? Anybody else?

The names are not a good reference especially if they refer to a place like Thailand or Malaysia where they don't really have significant Kratom Industries although that's changing slowly with some new laws passed allowing commercial production. Most of the Kratom is grown in Indonesia ... the two major types of creative seem to be called Bali and Maengda, with the former more of a sedative and the latter supposedly more energizing but I don't know about that either.

Probably @Snafu in the Void knows the most about kratom.

Mitragynine is the major active metabolaloid.

There are a few companies that list of alkaloid content of all their strains, and from what I've seen all strains are relatively similar and contain the same level of mitragynine and 7-OH, within 10% of each other.

Bali and thai actually has the lowest score. Maeng da had the highest. (From what I recall, but again not a major difference)

Ultimately what matters a lot more than picking strains is getting fresh, high quality kratom from a good brand.

I can't tell you about what it's like getting kratom in the UK I imagine that somebody on here knows @The UltimateFixx ? @AutoTripper I don't know if you're a fan in of opiates but what about having stuff shipped to UK you buy online? Anybody else?

The names are not a good reference especially if they refer to a place like Thailand or Malaysia where they don't really have significant Kratom Industries although that's changing slowly with some new laws passed allowing commercial production. Most of the Kratom is grown in Indonesia ... the two major types of creative seem to be called Bali and Maengda, with the former more of a sedative and the latter supposedly more energizing but I don't know about that either.

Probably @Snafu in the Void knows the most about kratom.

Mitragynine is the major active metabolaloid.
Last time only ever time as Im so allergic to it it's no use even on a deathbed to me, kraatteu delivered me what I wanted no sweat or hassle, except it was packed and labelled as colouring powder!

Was latter 2019 though.

Last edited:
There are a few companies that list of alkaloid content of all their strains, and from what I've seen all strains are relatively similar and contain the same level of mitragynine and 7-OH, within 10% of each other.

Bali and thai actually has the lowest score. Maeng da had the highest. (From what I recall, but again not a major difference)

Ultimately what matters a lot more than picking strains is getting fresh, high quality kratom from a good brand.
I actually just bought a sample of Kratom from kratom.co.uk. I went with the strain that they list as their best option for opiate withdrawals.

Also, can I take Kratom before I take buprenorphine? Would it cause precipitated withdrawals? I've read conflicting answers but mainly, from what I've read, apparently you can take Kratom before buprenorphine and you won't be sent into P/WD.

I actually just bought a sample of Kratom from kratom.co.uk. I went with the strain that they list as their best option for opiate withdrawals.

Also, can I take Kratom before I take buprenorphine? Would it cause precipitated withdrawals? I've read conflicting answers but mainly, from what I've read, apparently you can take Kratom before buprenorphine and you won't be sent into P/WD.
Bupe has much more of a chance to cause precip withdrawal than kratom does.

Kratom has both partial and full agonist activity, and technically antagonist, but all lower affinity than bupe. Bupe will kick out kratom.

I don't see any issues.

I know it does but that wasn't my question. I'm wondering if taking Kratom before taking buprenorphine can cause P/WD? That's if you know anyway, no worries if not, thanks👍
I updated my comment above, but ultimately I'm not sure. I have never used kratom and bupe together or consecutively, so it's just my best guess.

Haha, don't worry, I've had it before. It does taste bad but it's not as bad as you're describing it to be imo. I've had things that taste ten times worse or probably even more than that😂
I seem to be extremely sensitive to the taste of Kratom then. I had it once and I won't ever touch that stuff again lol...