• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Which strain of Kratom is best for opiate withdrawal?

Don't waste your money by buying capsules. Just go for powder together with a capsule machine and some empty gelcaps from eBay and make your own capsules if you can't stand swallowing the powder (or make tea, which with some honey or sweetener tastes MUCH better than the pure powder).
Red strains are said to be the most narcotic ones and white the least. But white of one shop might be stronger than red from another. Most extracts are bunk, at least much weaker than the description tells.

Besides that, I can only continue recommending pregabalin + memantine (+ loperamide if needed against diarrhea) for opioid withdrawal. Saved my ass, brought me down from years of 600mg/d morphine to zero without going through withdrawal. NMDA antagonists like memantine interact with opioid receptors in a way that curbs tolerance down, it's even exploited by some (rare) pain docs now by prescribing DXM alongside the opioid of choice (see PubMed).

I read an article about local Kratom use in rural Thailand and the writer said they preferred the green vein but that could also be because red coloration is associated with older leaves which may have oxidized.

There's also white vein which was the strongest at 1.7% mitragynine, but the guy I got it from says he's not going to stock it anymore because he doesn't sell enough.
White vain was alway's my least favorite.

But Maeng Da also was a big let down, so the 'so called' stimulating variety's i dislike.

makes sense

And Btw there is no native Bali Kratom. It was either introduced or misused. Borneo. Indonesia. Malaysia and Thailand

Hey guys. I think the easiest way of looking at this is that Mitragynine is the drug in play here, not Kratom. When someone buys Kratom, they are buying essentially, Mitragynine. Analogous to buying Opium, I think the only hope is that your Opium has the most Morphine possible. Different poppy is going to produce varying levels of Morphine and such, but they are all quite similar. I don't really know how much better one strain would be to another.

Being that Mitragynine has been demonstrated as an Opioid agonist, logic would suggest that Buprenorphine in whatever form will likely produce precipitated withdrawal proportional to the amount of mitragyniine in that person's body.

I know the threads been going for three pages but you absolutely can mix bupe and kratom. I've done it personally. Now I wouldn't mix them mix them, but you don't have to worry about PWD if you made it to the 24-hour mark and your last dose of kratom was like 4 hours before. Also the best trick for seeing where you are at, is to take a sliver of bupe and see how you react. After four or five half hours of taking little slivers every 30 minutes, all of a sudden you realize that you're good to go and you can up the dose. One thing that is unfortunate is at the Suboxone clinic they told me that although fentanyl has a much faster metabolism, it has some sort of weird effect that people will get PWD even 24 or 36 hours after they stopped. My guess is this is because of its high binding affinity and so some is still stuck on the neurons even though you might be feeling some shitty withdrawal. Whatever it is, if you're actually taking h, I've actually inducted on the Bupe at the 14 hour mark. And granted I did the sliver method where I took a wee bit, and then waited and then kept taking little teeny tiny pieces until I was sure that it wasn't going to put me into precip withdrawal. Anyway just my two cents.

I'm currently smoking heroin and need to get back onto buprenorphine. I need to wait the 24 hours before taking it to avoid the precipitated withdrawals but only ever make it to the 18 hour mark and fail. I've been fine taking it after 18 hours in the past multiple times, however, I'm just absolutely TERRIFIED of P/WD.

I have Pregabalin, black seed oil, Valium and Immodium at my disposal (my previous two failed attempts I did not use Immodium or black seed oil, but I plan on doing so on my next try). The past couple of times I tried to get back onto bupe and failed, I didn't use the Immodium (like I just said) as I have read that you can get P/WD from using Immodium alone but I've read certain things saying you're only going to get P/WD going onto bupe after using Immodium unless you use a lot of it and I only plan on using 20-30mg of the stuff to help with my withdrawals until I take buprenorphine.

There's the Xanax route where I could just take a load of Xanax and knock myself out until it has been 24 hours but I don't want to do that as I am tapering on benzos and managed to get to a reasonable dose of Valium per day.

But yeah, I've read that Kratom can be an absolute life saver when it comes to opiate withdrawals and I'm wondering which strain is the best. I also live in the UK - I'm not too sure whether it's legal or illegal here - I plan on doing some research after this post on it. Not so long ago I seem to remember trying to get some in the UK and couldn't source any Red Bali Kratom. I could find it on websites based in Holland/Netherlands and would buy it from there to get posted to me but I aren't sure if it would get seized or not as idk if it's illegal or not in the UK like I said. Also, if it is illegal, chances are it would get seized as UK borders are much, much tighter than they used to be.

I'm also lead to believe that taking buprenorphine after using Kratom can't cause precipitated withdrawals - is this true?

But yeah, which Kratom is the best strain for opiate withdrawal? Has anybody had experience with using Kratom for opiate withdrawals? If so, any info/help surrounding this would be greatly appreciated - thank you🌞
Mine is super grade bentuangie

It makes no sense that imodium/loperamide should give precipitated withdrawal, here somebody confused something. Lope is an almost fentanyl strength and full agonist opioid which just happens to get pumped out of the brain and thus only acts peripherally unless seriously overdosed.

Kratom neither seems to precipitate, it's afaik not really known why but it might be that mitragynine (the partial agonist opioid alkaloid) has just a very poor affinity so it doesn't displace (most) other opioids.