Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favourite: Steven Spielberg film?

pick one

• Firelight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sugarland Express

• Jaws

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Close Encounters of a Third Kind

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Raiders of the Lost Arc

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom

• The Color Purple

• Empire of The Sun

• Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Always

• Hook

• Jurassic Park

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Schindler's List

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • The Lost World

• Armistad

• Saving Private Ryan

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Artificial Intelligence

• Minority Report

• Catch Me If You Can

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The Terminal

• War Of The Worlds

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Munich

• Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

• Total voters
Enki said:
I voted for ET. Its probably a matter of my having experienced childhood magic again within the beginning of adolescent cynicism. It drew me in when I thought I was above being drawn in like that anymore.

Word! That's one of the reasons why I voted for E.T., too. That was the first film I ever saw in a theater, when I was staying on a visit with my father as a kid. Anyway, I think E.T. was brilliant, I mean Spielburg's obviously a genius but oftentimes the ealier works of geniuses seem to ring truer and purer than things they make after they've been in the game for a while.

got tickets to a newly remastered HD version of raiders of the lost ark for next wednesday. including is a visit by john rhys-davies.

anyone got any questions they'd like me to ask him?

I voted for Raiders Of The Lost Arc. I haven't seen all of his films including Schindlers List but I thought I'd vote for Raiders Of The Lost Arc as it's just a purely fun film and I think that's what Spielberg does well. You don't get bored watching Indiana Jones... unless you're watching The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - then you're bored with an underlying sense of anger.

Catch Me If You Can. Still one of my all time favorites. SPR is definitely a close second.

so I see Poltergeist isn't on this list? seems to be accepted in the prestigious upper crust of the pretentious film and actors society that said movie was about 80% Spielberg and maybe 20% Toby Hooper... and that's leaning heavy in Hooper's favor. I love both Hooper and Spiels, for many polarizing reasons, but I truly feel when I watch Poltergeist that it is a Spielberg film through and through... anybody else want to weigh in on that last part?

however, even if Poltergeist's truth comes out to 110% Spielberg... I still have to say Jurassic Park

MAN OH MAN. I was a kid when that movie came out and I saw it in the theaters with my cousins and I saw it at the Drive-In Movie Theater, shortly thereafter. both experiences rate near the top when it comes to nostalgic/magical experiences in the theater:

1) as mentioned above, I saw Jurassic Park with my twin brother (we're maybe 10) and our older (maybe 3-6 years) cousins. I knew something was wrong with me, at an early age, whenever my male cousin would shriek in terror, while my female cousin is holding on to him for dear life - while damn near chewing a hole through her t-shirt. all the while, my brother and I were enamored, more enamored than scared, and we couldn't peel our eyes away from such a wonderful, commercially-acceptable adaptation of one of Chrichton's seminal novels!

2) Jurassic Park as experienced through a Drive-In Theater! seriously, I know we all knew what was going to become of the movie (Dennis Nedry had it coming!), but the movie still was pure gold on that football field size projector! sitting on the top of my dad's car's windshield, while slamming Crystal Pepsi and eating far too many candied Warheads, up until this movie, seemed like hardly a spot for the amazing to befell! alas, I think I finally understood my the aforementioned terror of my cousins during the ENTER T-REX scene!

i bumped this particular poll because of the raiders screening. you guys know there are dozens of them in f&tv, just check the index.

For me it came down to saving private ryan and jurassic park. I saw Jurassic Park in theaters and it was pretty intense as a 5 or 6 year old. But I ended up voting for Saving Private Ryan
these were my finalists as well. i haven't seen either in so long. but i figured if i were to re-watch them, Jurassic Park might not hold my attention quite like it once did.

The Last Crusade holds a special place in my heart, so quoteable

these were my finalists as well. i haven't seen either in so long. but i figured if i were to re-watch them, Jurassic Park might not hold my attention quite like it once did.

Yeah, when I re-watched Jurassic Park recently I realized how much it's geared toward children and is, really, pretty damn cheesy not that there's anything wrong with that. It just didn't appeal to me as much as when I originally saw it as a tyke.

indiana jones and the last crusade simply because river phoenix was in it.

otherwise jaws or jurassic park simply because i've got a thing for big creatures that can kill me easily. sharks more so because they are still in existence.

got tickets to a newly remastered HD version of raiders of the lost ark for next wednesday. including is a visit by john rhys-davies.

anyone got any questions they'd like me to ask him?

w00t, this is tonight. :D

I voted and I dont even remember. AI is basically pure awesome for the "here Stanley let me make this movie for you..."