Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favourite: Ridley Scott movie?

what's your favourite ridley scott movie?

• Matchstick Men

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Black Hawk Down

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Hannibal

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Gladiator

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • G.I. Jane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White Squall

• 1492: Conquest of Paradise

• Thelma & Louise

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Black Rain

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Someone to Watch Over Me

• Legend

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Blade Runner

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • Alien

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • The Duellists

• Kingdom of Heaven

• A Good Year

• American Gangster

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
Dtergent said:
Black Hawk Down= Propaganda

How is that movie propaganda? Ridley Scott is British, besides.

It was a war movie. Thats like saying Platoon or Patton were "propaganda" films. It didn't glorify the politics in any way, shape or form. The fact that US Military and it's PR department latched onto the imagery/style of that movie for THEIR ads (and a number of video games) is not Ridley Scotts fault.

Neural_Shock said:
Well this thread is done, but I just saw The Duellists. It's fucking brill!!! A true classic. I watched it twice yesterday. The script is sharp, funny and poignant. The sword fights are full on. The scenery is crisp and vivid, and much more realistic than Barry Lyndon. No sets were built; all locations are real. The film cost under a million, but you wouldn't believe it. Ridley really hit the ground running. Harvey Keitel and particularly Keith Carradine are superb. What a movie. It's a damn shame no-one knows about it. I personally think it boots the shit out of Gladiator but maybe I'm not the best judge because I thought Gladiator was so-so. Although Alien and Bladerunner are classics it's a shame it got no votes above.

If you're reading this thread you're a Scott fan so get your ass out and find this gem. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Yes get your assess out to find this because I'm pretty sure now no-one in here has seen it. :\

Blade Runner, didn't have to think about it for a second, recently saw the final cut at the cinema and it's just visually stunning.

Blade Runner is one of those films that get better with each viewing. I thought it was ok on my first viewing (but I was also quite young), and like Evad, I recently saw the Final Cut, and it is just mindblowing. There aren't too many old Sci-Fi films that can hold up to the special effects of today, but Blade Runner is one of them.

It is also such a trend-setter of the Sci-Fi genre. When I first played Perfect Dark on the N64, the "Chicago" level instantly became my favourite, simply because it is so much like Blade Runner.

Obviously, this movie gets my vote.

It was hard to choose between Blade Runner and Alien

so i choose Alien.. one of the greatest movies I've seen as a child

"yoooou'es raped in Texas weren't ya?"

Thelma and Louise IS my #1 favorite movie of all time.

If he did not fuck it up for a sequel tho...damnit.:\

Haha just voted now. ALIEN is best. I can watch that shit numerous times and never get tired of it.

I realize I have yet to watch Blade Runner ;)

I do quite like Gladiator and Thelma and Louise too.

^Aliens is far more enjoyable than Alien IMO.

Yet to see Blade Runner?, how is that possible?. :D

I really like gladiator, mainly due to Russel Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix. Each were perfect for their roles.
I also liked how the movie is very relatable to Hamlet which was a great way to put a shakespearean twist to the movie without making it like Ceaser.

Blade Runner: Final Cut hands down

Alien comes in close 2nd

I voted for Gladiator for some reason. I wanted to vote for Blade Runner. :(