Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favourite: Ridley Scott movie?

what's your favourite ridley scott movie?

• Matchstick Men

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Black Hawk Down

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Hannibal

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Gladiator

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • G.I. Jane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White Squall

• 1492: Conquest of Paradise

• Thelma & Louise

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Black Rain

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Someone to Watch Over Me

• Legend

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Blade Runner

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • Alien

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • The Duellists

• Kingdom of Heaven

• A Good Year

• American Gangster

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

alasdairm

Moderator: S&T
Staff member
Your favourite Ridley Scott movie?

well?

alasdair

Last edited:
Blade Runner. :)

Ridley Scott comes from near the same area as me. Weird.

blade runner, but alien was damn close - i find the two *really* difficult to split as they're both amazing. not a big fan of most of his other work though - he has style, but i'm just not sure if i like it :)

For those who picked Bladerunner which version? I much prefer the director's cut.... also, did any of you read the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep) by Philip Dick? It's weird, but pretty good and different from the movie.

I picked bladerunner, and it would be the directors cut. Aliens was a great movie too though. I read the short story, thought it was good.

Director's cut, definitely. That was how it was meant to be seen / heard.

What about Alien, just to make it complicated ?=D

^^^ soon, i'm getting my new alien box-set in the next week or so, then i can tell you which cut is better :)

Originally posted by JerryBlunted
For those who picked Bladerunner which version? I much prefer the director's cut.... also, did any of you read the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep) by Philip Dick? It's weird, but pretty good and different from the movie.

i'd have to pick the director's cut - the normal version just doesn't seem to fit (because it doesn't!), it really seems like a stupid, false ending. and yeah, i've read the book, it's excellent. as many probably know, dick's an awesome sci-fi author, also wrote the original books which total recall and minority report (and probably others, but my memory fails me) were adapted from.

i prefer the film, i think, but only because i'm a sucker for style - it's still a really excellent read and well worth checking out if you like to think!

Hard to seperate Alien and Blade runner. But I'll go Blade runner by a whisker.

I've never seen Blade Runner, which I just realized is probably something I should do.

Of the movies I have seen, I definitely think Black Hawk Down tops Alien. It was so well made. Then again, I'm partial to war films like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers that portray gritty realistic battle sequences. I dunno, I recently watched the re-release of Alien in the theaters and it just didn't do it for me.

for me it's a close one between Blade Runner & Black Hawk Down - mainly because BHD is newer and much more visually stunning.

I've always really enjoyed Bladerunner, but after some thought I felt that I had to go with Gladiator.

Well this thread is done, but I just saw The Duellists. It's fucking brill!!! A true classic. I watched it twice yesterday. The script is sharp, funny and poignant. The sword fights are full on. The scenery is crisp and vivid, and much more realistic than Barry Lyndon. No sets were built; all locations are real. The film cost under a million, but you wouldn't believe it. Ridley really hit the ground running. Harvey Keitel and particularly Keith Carradine are superb. What a movie. It's a damn shame no-one knows about it. I personally think it boots the shit out of Gladiator but maybe I'm not the best judge because I thought Gladiator was so-so. Although Alien and Bladerunner are classics it's a shame it got no votes above.

If you're reading this thread you're a Scott fan so get your ass out and find this gem. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Bumping.

I find Alien to outclass most of these movies, with a couple of others, such as Gladiator and Black Hawk down. Can you believe I haven't seen Blade Runner yet, I feel so, so, wrong.. :(

I voted for Gladiator - it was a stunning movie with a great cast and the efforts to re-create the Roman Empire is nothing short of spectacular!

FuncrusherPlus said:
Alien always does it for me!

Im a horror fan but ALIEN scared and stunned me more than most horror flicks ! I absolutely love it8(