Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favourite: Ridley Scott movie?

what's your favourite ridley scott movie?

• Matchstick Men

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Black Hawk Down

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Hannibal

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Gladiator

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • G.I. Jane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White Squall

• 1492: Conquest of Paradise

• Thelma & Louise

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Black Rain

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Someone to Watch Over Me

• Legend

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Blade Runner

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • Alien

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • The Duellists

• Kingdom of Heaven

• A Good Year

• American Gangster

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
want me to change it?

i voted for hannibal. i'm a fan of all involved and i loved the story and atmosphere.

Talking at the L.A. Times Hero Complex Film Festival, director Ridley Scott revealed that the script for the "Alien" prequel has been completed and pre-production is currently underway according to FearNet.

As previously reported, the focus will be on the origin of the 'Space Jockey', the unknown alien pilot of the crashed ship carrying the more familiar xenomorph alien eggs in the original 1979 film. Surprising news though is that this prequel may not be the only one with Scott commenting that a second prequel is planned as events will take place well before the events of "Alien".

Scott says "If you explain who he [Spacey Jockey] was and where he came from, then that will deal with the savagery of this version, which will be pretty savage. Then you may want to find out where they came from, the place where his people come from."

Scott has done a lot of underwater research for the upcoming movies which will cover different ground - "The first Alien was honestly The Old Dark House -- seven people in the old dark house with a visitor. This will go further into the world of terraforming. We're thinking about doing it. In fact, if Kennedy had been allowed to continue his space program, we'd probably be on Mars now with a population of nine-thousand people. That's how far we should have gone."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/17488/ridley-scott-talks-alien-prequels

Can I change my answer? It used to be Alien, but now it's a dead die between Robin Hood and 1492.

Alien. The sci-fi horror that spawned a billion rip-offs. None of them ever came close to being as effective. Beautifully done!

chest-burster_burst_001_1196992666.jpg

Raaaawr!

hey mister mod, there's a whole bunch of these favourite freds. make moar. and update teh indecks.

plskaiandallthat

Wow, I have no idea how to answer this question. It's between Alien and Blade Runner, and for the life of me, I can't make a pick. Both pack a visceral gut punch (in their own way), both have atmospheres one can get drunk from, and both have infinite rewatchability for me.

Another huge Blade Runner fan here, Alien a close second and Black Hawk Down & American Gangster tying for a distant third :)

Ridley Scott is now firmly looking at his 3D "Alien" two-part prequel as his next project, the "Robin Hood" director telling UK paper The Independent that he expects the venture to take no prisoners.

"The film will be really tough, really nasty. It's the dark side of the moon. We are talking about gods and engineers. Engineers of space. And were the aliens designed as a form of biological warfare? Or biology that would go in and clean up a planet?" says Scott. "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindoff is polishing the first prequel's script set three decades before the events in the 1979 original film.

Scott takes a friendly jab at "Aliens" director James Cameron, seeing the success he had with the first sequel as a challenge he has to at least match with these films - "Jim's raised the bar and I've got to jump to it."

Meanwhile, Digital Spy reports that actress Gemma Arterton has indicated she'll meet with Scott about possibly starring in the planned prequels. Scott was apparently so impressed with her work in recent British thriller "The Disappearance of Alice Creed" that he wants to meet with her for the main female role.

Arterton however has a busy schedule including Richard E. Grant's cowboy comedy "In With the Outlaws", and the Ruth Rendell novel adaptation "The Keys To The Street".

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18169/ridley-scott-talks-alien-prequel

Hmm, well he's got the same writers for it. Or should I say them? IMDB has got the prequel down over two movies. But I don't know, it's a bit late for it, isn't it? I mean, he's not the same person or director as 30 years ago. Can't help but have traumatic flashbacks of The Godfather Part III as how wrong a continuation of a franchise can be when done so far apart. Terminator's no different, though admittedly didn't have as far to drop as the Godfather movies. You just know it's not gonna feel like Alien. Do they even let directors make movies that feel like that anymore?

He say you brade runna!

http://braderunner.ytmnd.com/

Ummm...Errrr...Uhhhh Gladiator. No, Alien! definitely Blade Runner. ahhh, Black Hawk Down.

Hannibal......Final Answer

guess I ended up with a top 5

Alien - there's something about that movie that makes it special. No other horror movie managed to recreate its feeling.