Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: Hayao Miyazaki film?

which is it?

• Future Boy Conan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Castle of Cagliostro

• Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Laputa: Castle in the Sky

• My Neighbour Totoro

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Kiki's Delivery Service

• Porco Rosso

• Princess Mononoke

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Spirited Away

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Howl's Moving Castle

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

• Total voters

JV

Bluelight Crew
which one? only one.

Future Boy Conan
The Castle of Cagliostro
Sherlock Hound
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

i cannot say yet, as i havent seen all his films, but would like to see what others think. i love his work, and cant wait to get all his films from netflix. they are all interesting in their own right, and a pleasure to watch.

a difficult poll added. i've only not seen conan and sherlock hound (which is a tv series, not a movie)

for many years i've proclaimed Princess Mononoke as my favourite, but i recently revisited it and i still love it, but i now prefer his more emotional tales.

My Neighbour Totoro is a clear stand out. His latest, Ponyo, is almost as good. I dunno, Totoro has a unique magic about it. The feeling i have from it is that it is .... well it's hard to describe. It's a thinness or emptiness, or patience. I mean these words in the greatest of compliments. It's a very simple tale yet so magical as well.

But my current favourite is Spirited Away. Perfect coming of age film imo.

ALL of these films astound me with their ability to give me a sense of wonder and awe akin to being a child again. NO OTHER film maker can do this.

i voted for "howl's moving castle". i've never really seen the appeal in mononoke - it drags on for me. spirited away is great but it's overly cartoonish in places.

for me, "howl's..." gets it just right (plus i'm a sucker for a love story :)).

alasdair

so many good movies.. and you fucking make me choose one? ; ;

what sort of fail is this
anyhow I had to go with spirited away, although howls moving castle is very good as well as totoro, as well as his many other great works

Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro both hold a special place in my heart. I have been putting off watching Howl's Moving Castle for soo long I ought to be spanked and tied down ;)

This poll is so difficult! In the end I went with Princess but I really wanted to vote for Howl's as well.

Can I has Totoro bed please?
totoro2sr9.jpg

if totoro alone doesn't blow your mind, cat bus is sure to edge you over

cat_bus.jpg

eeeek! a real one!
1.jpg

I'm not really a fan of Hayao's, but Spirited Away is a beautiful movie to me.

I've yet to see Howl's Moving Castle. It's next on my to-do list of anime.

Laputa had this amazing dreamy feel for me... Loved it.

I'm also a big fan of porco rosso. . my dad actually introduced me to it when I was quite young. And he's not the cartoon watching type , but loved that movie

I'm not really a fan of Hayao's, but Spirited Away is a beautiful movie to me.

I've yet to see Howl's Moving Castle. It's next on my to-do list of anime.

I absolutely Loved Spirited Away, and had such high hopes for Howl's moving castle that I pre-ordered it. But I was a bit dissapointed in what I thought could have been a deeper, more rounded story.

But you might like it, and maybe I played it up too much in my head after Spiritedaway

Im still dazed. I finally watched Howl's Magic Castle last night before bed. What an enchanting, magical story. It made me feel strong, like I could accomplish great things..and just like Spirited Away and Totoro, it gave me a warm sense of love and courage. The animation and the music was fucking amazing as well..I went to sleep after watching this and had vivid dreams all night and woke up in a happy well rested mood.

I watched this film with a bit of hesistation and worry that I would be a wee bit disappointed, but I'm so glad I found myself remarkably surprised , thoroughly moved and entertained just like what happened when I watched Spirited Away.
howl2.jpg

lol LOVE the transformation of the Witch of the Waste!
witch.jpg

I'd love to have this replica !
howls-moving-castle_05.jpg