Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favourite: Christopher Guest film?

Favourite Christopher Guest film?

• This Is Spinal Tap

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • The Big Picture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waiting For Guffman

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Best In Show

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • A Mighty Wind

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • For Your Consideration

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I haven't seen three of those movies, so my vote isn't really fair but out of the ones I have seen I love Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman is a close second. LOVE these movies.

Mockumentary geniuses Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer and Michael McKean are teaming again for another comedy along those lines, this time exploring the world of retro collectors reports wowOwow.

The film will explore the "massive underground of collectors who would do the Borgia’s proud as they scheme and double-cross to possess the item they crave... people who ferret out such things as old comic books, Barbie dolls, vintage magazine ads, vinyl 45-rpm singles or Charles Manson song lyrics written on Kleenex."

The trio, along with their usual list of collaborators such as John Michael Higgins, Fred Willard, Catherine O'Hara, Eugene Levy, Parker Posey and Jane Lynch, are all being considered. The groups have previously tackled the realms of rock music ("This is Spinal Tap"), regional theatre ("Waiting for Guffman"), dog shows ("Best in Show") and folk bands ("A Mighty Wind").

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18321/christopher-guest-delves-into-collectors

Gotta go with Best In Show. The more I watch Spinal Tap, the more hilarious it gets, but Best In Show just nails it in every aspect. Third runner up would be A Mighty Wind, just for the hilarity of Jennifer Coolidge's character.

... and, yum, do I love me some Parker Posey! :)

1. This is Spinal Tap
2. A Mighty Wind
3. Best in Show

finger sammiches!!