• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Which drugs do you prefer crude or concentrated?

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
So I’m curious for others to list substances that they prefer more crude/whole vs concentrated forms... I’ll give some examples of my own.

Cannabis- I personally prefer whole cannabis flower over concentrates like shatter/wax/etc. The high is more full and rounded, plus the other active components help reduce tolerance build when switching between strains.

Alcohol- Distilled spirits over beer, wine, cider, etc. My favorite being triple distilled Jameson. Beer and wine give me hangovers that are far from proportional to the high I received. I can drink 1 beer, not even get a buzz and wake up the next day with a nasty hangover.

MDxx- Purity is king here too, crude impure as fuck “sass” is nowhere near as good as ultra pure MDxx shards.

Mescaline- This is one I prefer crude. Cacti tea has more of empathogenic lovey experience that is more rounded, purified alkaloids are a bit “sharper” and can sometimes lack that love in comparison. That said a crude extract is the best of both worlds, which can be reconstituted in a small amount of h20 and drank as a shot.

Kratom- Kratom Leaf has never done much for me, only the high potency extracts have given me an effect worth noting. (I do have an opioid tolerance FYI). One extract in particular was from Da Maeng and sold as a substance with a 150mg oral dose. 20-50mg of that sniffed up the nose gave a very pleasant stimulation followed by opiate sedation a few hours later.

Caffeine- Crude forms such as coffee are much more pleasurable than pure caffeine. While pure caffeine is probably the most euphoric in comparison, it’s short lasting and again lacks the full rounded feel of coffee or tea. Also the act of drinking a nice warm beverage with a beautiful aromatic flavor greatly outweighs consuming pure caffeine.

Psilocybin Mushrooms- They’re are potent enough as is and any extraction loses a decent amount of potency in comparison.

Heroin- Pure diacetylmorphine HCl is WAY better than impure black tar forms. Both because of higher purity but also because the other alkaloids can detract away from the pleasurable high. That said these same alkaloids can increase sedation and analgesia if these are desired.

Cocaine- High purity cocaine over coca leaf. That said they are so different from each other that they almost feel like different drugs. But if I had to choose one.

That’s it for right now but will add more as I think of em, so how bout ya’ll?

-GC

Do you mean 'Crude or refined'? Even crude drugs can be highly concentrated. I prefer crude racemic amphetamine over highly refined dextroamphetamine. I prefer natural cannabis over synthetic cannabinoids. I preffered good quality street heroin over pharmaceutical methadone. I preferred crude psilocybin mushrooms over LSD.

I do believe that 'crude' drugs can often include impurities that can lead to an experience that is either better or worse than their refined counterparts...

Hmm, BTH and ECP are more-or-less the same IMO, insofar as the mental effect of those drugs. There is a range in quality of both, and if I had to choose then it'd be ECP pretty much every single time...on the other hand, there's BTH out there that is raw AF and will put you on your ass, I don't care who you are. It's interesting to compare the mental effect of pure diamorphine to the collection of morphine alkaloids that BTH is composed of, though. Like I said, I think they're very similar both in duration and quality of effect, but maybe other people disagree. The quality seems to me much more consistent with ECP but there's probably more of an issue with fentanyl etc.

Of all the morphine-derived drugs I've used, street or prescription, I've always found opium tea by way of poppy pods superior. The duration is incredible and the high is very well-rounded and pleasurable.

Aside from that I'm usually a prescription kinda guy, I love my pills. LSD over mushrooms also.

Do you mean 'Crude or refined'? Even crude drugs can be highly concentrated. I prefer crude racemic amphetamine over highly refined dextroamphetamine. I prefer natural cannabis over synthetic cannabinoids. I preffered good quality street heroin over pharmaceutical methadone. I preferred crude psilocybin mushrooms over LSD.

I do believe that 'crude' drugs can often include impurities that can lead to an experience that is either better or worse than their refined counterparts...

My favourite stimulant is probably amphetamine sulphate (I did get 83% purity, though, none of that 10% street shit).

Of all the morphine-derived drugs I've used, street or prescription, I've always found opium tea by way of poppy pods superior. The duration is incredible and the high is very well-rounded and pleasurable.

Aside from that I'm usually a prescription kinda guy, I love my pills. LSD over mushrooms also.

Prescription drugs are my DOC 🥰 if they were all readily available at any amount I would probably never take another street drug again.
My favs I've had so far are:
1) Any Strong Opioid (Morphine, Oxycodone, Diamorphine, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Methadone, Buprenorphine, Fentanyl)
2) Phenobarbital (only barbiturate I've been able to blag a prescription for, although I do have a current source for Nembutal (Pentobarbital) but haven't bought yes as the price is super-high)
3) Any benzodiazepine (but particularly Alprazolam (Xanax) and Diazepam (Vallium))
4) The "Z-Drugs" Sleeping Pills (particularly Zopiclone)
5) The Weak Opioids (Codeine, Pethidine, Tramadol, Dihydrocodeine)
6) Gabapentinoids
7) Stimulants (Amphetamine Sulphate, Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Ephedrine, Pseudoephedrine. Caffeine Anhydrous)
Random Others
8a) Prescription First Generation Antihistamines (Cyclizine, Diphenhydramine, Doxylamine, Hydroxyzine, Chlorphen(ira)mine, Promethazine
8b Sertraline because it saved my life
8c The only Anti-Psychotics that have recreational potential: Quetiapine (Seroquel) and Chlorpromazine (Thorazine)
8d) Beta Blockers (only experienced Propranolol and Bisoprolol)
8e) Dextromethorphan
8f) Trazodone (for the sedation and because it potentiates a lot of my other meds)
8g) Omeprazole (because it increases the BA of almost my meds)

Sorry. I know nobody asked for a rambling list haha.

Prescription drugs are my DOC 🥰 if they were all readily available at any amount I would probably never take another street drug again.
My favs I've had so far are:
1) Any Strong Opioid (Morphine, Oxycodone, Diamorphine, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Methadone, Buprenorphine, Fentanyl)
2) Phenobarbital (only barbiturate I've been able to blag a prescription for, although I do have a current source for Nembutal (Pentobarbital) but haven't bought yes as the price is super-high)
3) Any benzodiazepine (but particularly Alprazolam (Xanax) and Diazepam (Vallium))
4) The "Z-Drugs" Sleeping Pills (particularly Zopiclone)
5) The Weak Opioids (Codeine, Pethidine, Tramadol, Dihydrocodeine)
6) Gabapentinoids
7) Stimulants (Amphetamine Sulphate, Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Ephedrine, Pseudoephedrine. Caffeine Anhydrous)
Random Others
8a) Prescription First Generation Antihistamines (Cyclizine, Diphenhydramine, Doxylamine, Hydroxyzine, Chlorphen(ira)mine, Promethazine
8b Sertraline because it saved my life
8c The only Anti-Psychotics that have recreational potential: Quetiapine (Seroquel) and Chlorpromazine (Thorazine)
8d) Beta Blockers (only experienced Propranolol and Bisoprolol)
8e) Dextromethorphan
8f) Trazodone (for the sedation and because it potentiates a lot of my other meds)
8g) Omeprazole (because it increases the BA of almost my meds)

Sorry. I know nobody asked for a rambling list haha.

Some of the very first drugs I've done were hydrocodone, adderall, and my holy grail clonazepam. I feel like that has a lot to do with my taste in drugs. After mainly only using those nothing else felt quite right. I hold the most clinical/precise chemicals above all others. Unless it comes to opium like I mentioned before.

I did get into more crude and/or natural drugs and herbs for a while, but nothing ever gave me quite the satisfaction that pills do.

Some of the very first drugs I've done were hydrocodone, adderall, and my holy grail clonazepam. I feel like that has a lot to do with my taste in drugs. After mainly only using those nothing else felt quite right. I hold the most clinical/precise chemicals above all others. Unless it comes to opium like I mentioned before.

I did get into more crude and/or natural drugs and herbs for a while, but nothing ever gave me quite the satisfaction that pills do.

Aside from a history of alcoholism (3.5 years sober...been able to stick to 2 or 3 drinks on social occasions for about a year now, so I consider myself recovered) I had never touched any drug and the only prescription-only meds I had were anti-biotics. I think I'd taken co-codamol (8mg codeine/500mg acetaminophen) on the odd occasion for pain.
I developed depression at 11 and when I was raped on my 13th birthday, I also got severe social anxiety and panic attacks. By the time I finally got the balls to see my doctor (anxiety too severe to ever go) I was diagnosed with social&generalized anxiety disorder and Major Depressive Disorder (severe, with psychotic symptoms). Psychotic Depression is the most severe kind. Anyway, my doctor prescribed me the highest dose (tapered up to) of Sertraline (Zoloft) and it transformed my life. It didn't magically cure me, but it did take a good 80% of my symptoms away.
After that medications were god-like in my eyes. I accepted a beta blocker and a low-dose anti-psychotic, too.
The only negative is that this gave me the confidence to go out and I started partying a lot (and drinking a lot) with me brother and his friends and that's how I became an alcoholic.
8 years ago I got a very severe case of acute pancreatitis (alcoholic-type). Acute Pancreatitis is in the top 10 medical conditions on the pain scale (plus I was in hospital 12 weeks and given a 20% chance of survival at one point) so they gave me IV morphine (sometimes diamorphine) every 4 hours for the entire 3 months I was there. which was more than enough for me to develop both psychological and physical addictions/dependency on strong opioids. I was given a repeat (for the rest of my life) prescription for 330mg/day of Oxycodone.
They also had me on 50mg Chlordiazapoxide (Librium) every four hours), 2.5mg Lorazepam (Ativan) three times a day and 1.5mg Haliperidol (Haldol) three times a day. These were all oral and stayed the same after my discharge.
I LOVED my pills more than life itself. But then I started taking even more and I was slurring and nodding off constantly and a couple of times my refills were a day late and I thought I was dying with withdrawal.
And that's pretty much how I became addicted to prescription medication.

Sorry again for the long, detailed reply that nobody wanted xD

That’s probably a better way to put it. Even then this question can be complicated as many drugs found in crude/whole/natural form often have a conglomerate of many substances that come together.

-GC

So I’m curious for others to list substances that they prefer more crude/whole vs concentrated forms... I’ll give some examples of my own.

Cannabis- I personally prefer whole cannabis flower over concentrates like shatter/wax/etc. The high is more full and rounded, plus the other active components help reduce tolerance build when switching between strains.

Alcohol- Distilled spirits over beer, wine, cider, etc. My favorite being triple distilled Jameson. Beer and wine give me hangovers that are far from proportional to the high I received. I can drink 1 beer, not even get a buzz and wake up the next day with a nasty hangover.

MDxx- Purity is king here too, crude impure as fuck “sass” is nowhere near as good as ultra pure MDxx shards.

Mescaline- This is one I prefer crude. Cacti tea has more of empathogenic lovey experience that is more rounded, purified alkaloids are a bit “sharper” and can sometimes lack that love in comparison. That said a crude extract is the best of both worlds, which can be reconstituted in a small amount of h20 and drank as a shot.

Kratom- Kratom Leaf has never done much for me, only the high potency extracts have given me an effect worth noting. (I do have an opioid tolerance FYI). One extract in particular was from Da Maeng and sold as a substance with a 150mg oral dose. 20-50mg of that sniffed up the nose gave a very pleasant stimulation followed by opiate sedation a few hours later.

Caffeine- Crude forms such as coffee are much more pleasurable than pure caffeine. While pure caffeine is probably the most euphoric in comparison, it’s short lasting and again lacks the full rounded feel of coffee or tea. Also the act of drinking a nice warm beverage with a beautiful aromatic flavor greatly outweighs consuming pure caffeine.

Psilocybin Mushrooms- They’re are potent enough as is and any extraction loses a decent amount of potency in comparison.

Heroin- Pure diacetylmorphine HCl is WAY better than impure black tar forms. Both because of higher purity but also because the other alkaloids can detract away from the pleasurable high. That said these same alkaloids can increase sedation and analgesia if these are desired.

Cocaine- High purity cocaine over coca leaf. That said they are so different from each other that they almost feel like different drugs. But if I had to choose one.

-GC
Totally agree about the heroin, I come from the nyc area and tar heroin is garbage compared to some good old powder form smack, I lived in. Phoenix 6 months and was dying for some good dope, LA , San Fran, Albuquerque,Phoenix,Denver,El Paso all had the same tar garbage, it’s heroin but unrefined bottom of the barrel shit

Hey guys! I'm sorry, but I don't believe this thread consists of Harm Reduction content. It's no big thing, but I was gonna move it over to Drug Culture.

I think I prefer almost every drug to be pure or at least concentrated. The only exceptions I can think of at the moment are: cannabis, kratom and any caffeine containing plants.

From my limited experience, I prefer iboga as a full spectrum extract with all the plant alkaloids than as purified ibogaine HCL.

I prefer good hash (like real fuckin' hash man) to flower or wax/shatter/whathaveyou. Otherwise I'd prefer flower.

Haven't had the opportunity to try too many other 'crude' products. I prefer psilacetin over mushrooms. I prefer acid over both. I like coffee a lot but hate any energy drink or soda that has caffeine and other stuff added.

-GC

Interesting thread idea.

For cannabis, I guess I like hash better than marijuana/flowers, never had any other concentrated form besides edibles (both made from whole flower and with 5 or 10mg THC in legalized form). Neither is that high on my list, but I guess I felt that hash was a little more "mellow," but perhaps that was down to expectations.

When I drank alcohol heavily, I enjoyed all forms, but beer and wine helped me pace myself better, and box wine in particular was comparable with a fifth of vodka for alcohol/price ratio, not to mention easier to drink with some ice cubes and seltzer. Now, distilled spirits make me want to retch, but most beer and wine doesn't do a lot for me either. I like red vermouth just for the flavor.

With kratom, the plain leaf (crushed or powdered) was clearly the better deal, but when I was using it predominately, I ended up escalating to the point where the extracts came in handy to mix in for potency. Never noticed a big difference in effects.

Never had pure mescaline or any extraction of psilocybin, only cactus and mushrooms. Probably preferred both to LSD.

As far as opiates go, it's damn hard to say since I love them all. The full spectrum of alkaloids from poppy tea is certainly wonderful. But so is heroin in all its forms (Colombian #4 heroin from pre-fentanyl days, Afghan #2 heroin, the cocktail of dia/mono-acetylmorphines in Mexican black tar), and even fent-dope has its merits... not to mention pharmaceuticals.

For the amphetamine family, I prefer dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine over (d or d,l,)-methamphetamine, though I don't know whether this is a question of one being more crude or concentrated than the other, except in potency.

I enjoyed chewing coca leaf with baking soda a lot and found it very useful for getting things done, and a liqueur made from powdered coca leaf and 95% ethanol was quite strong. Snorting powder cocaine has never really done it for me, and while crack (or speedballs) have admirable intensity, I mostly steer clear. In either form, the duration is just too short, while chewing coca was a nice prolonged manageable buzz, more like oral amphetamine.

For caffeine, I've had a confirmed preference for the pure 200mg tablets over the last few years, even though I used to be a regular coffee drinker. Now I find drip coffee to be too strong and unpredictable, and I like to customize my dose so I can have just 50mg or whatever, plus it's very inexpensive online.

With tobacco/nicotine, I was a Winston smoker for a long time, when they were advertising themselves as "No Bull" (= no additives), so somewhat less refined than other brands, but never really got comfortable with hand-rolled cigarettes. Lately, I've been mostly using the super-concentrated format of vaping nicotine juice, and while it doesn't have the same "rush" cigs did, it's fine.

For caffeine, I've had a confirmed preference for the pure 200mg tablets over the last few years, even though I used to be a regular coffee drinker. Now I find drip coffee to be too strong and unpredictable, and I like to customize my dose so I can have just 50mg or whatever, plus it's very inexpensive online.

Yeah I feel the same way, coffee makes me jittery and sweaty and just feels harsh, pure caffeine is much smoother and preferrable. And as you say, it's absolutely dirt cheap, I can get my caffeine for months for the cost of a few large coffees at Starbucks. So cheap it feels free.

Yeah I feel the same way, coffee makes me jittery and sweaty and just feels harsh, pure caffeine is much smoother and preferrable. And as you say, it's absolutely dirt cheap, I can get my caffeine for months for the cost of a few large coffees at Starbucks. So cheap it feels free.

I like Natrol brand ('High Caffeine" / "Energy Support") tablets because they break into halves and quarters easily by hand, some of the other brands are impossible and I have to bite chunks off.

Crude opium is (mostly) superior to oral morphine/codeine.

Kratom extracts are often superior to kratom leaf.

Depends upon your definitions of 'crude' and 'concentrated'. Perhaps the question should be 'crude' versus 'refined'?

I agree in some ways regarding pure caffeine. It’s so cheap when bought in bulk powder, feels very clean and smooth with probably the most “euphoria” of them all. That said I have one issue with it, duration doesn’t seem to last for me and also sometimes I need that borderline edgy nature coffee provided.

Pure caffeine is great for going out to shows/dance and need a pick me up, I’d toss some into a drink, usually with a tiny bit of Maca too.

I guess I could give pure caffeine another go here soon, my big test for caffeine duration is to test it on long car rides. I’m very aware of how hard caffeine is hitting in that situation where I gotta stay sharp, sometimes for days on end. If I could get it to last I’d be a convert too.

-GC