• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Which drug causes the most brain damage?

A lot of people here seem to be equating temporary cognitive impairments with brain damage.

They're not the same thing. "Brain damage" means actual structural damage, which by definition is irreversible (neurons are the only cells in the body that don't regenerate).

From what I've read, alcohol, mephendrone and amphetamines all do clear and pretty easily observed damage to various brain structures. Mephedrone is reputed to cause permanent damage faster than any other drug, but who knows if that's actually true.

With other drugs, it's just harder to say.

The effects I get off ecstasy always seem to be telling me that what's going on in my brain just CAN'T be good, but apparently the jury's out on whether the effects are permanent. That said, E is sort of like pot in that people who really like it seem to get all emotionally invested in proving that it's a totally healthy and therapeutic and every person and their dog needs to try it at least once and blah blah blah, so you never know how much of the "no proven permanent damage" research is just e-tards with biochem degrees trying to justify their own actions. Like I find the erowid MDMA vault has this noticeable pro-E slant, and goes out of its way to play up the fact that some psychoanalysts found it useful in their sessions and shit like that.

^"E-tards with biochem degrees" intentionally doing studies in such a way to justify their excessive ecstasy use....No! I mean, it wouldn't suprise me!

What exactly makes you think you have PTSD from MDMA? I'm curious to know more if you don't mind sharing, especially since MDMA has been studied as an effective treatment for PTSD. I've seen chronic MDMA use cause depression in people, but never PTSD before.

Swim, sorry for the delayed response, didnt see this.

The PTSD was not from MDMA directly. The damage the MDMA did and the resultant bad general anxiety it caused seemed to leave me at risk and sensitive of stressful situations in the future.

Basically I experienced an armed robbery (very mild and non violent, no real reason for PTSD to occur naturally) a while after stopping the MDMA and this resulted in serious obsessive fear of this situation occurring again and also caused bad paranoia with regards to the political situation in my country and serious delusions about impending civil war. It sounds retarded but was no fekin joke i can tell you.

Before the incident I even saw the robbers a few nights before plain as day out the window and i didnt give a shit and wrote it off as a gardener, at 11pm lol. After the incident and resultant PTSD, seeing this would have resulted in paralyzing panic and fear, like a light switch the PTSD just appeared. Also had other experiences before MDMA abuse similar, that never caused any PTSD. Its definitely the MDMA abuse and resultant damage.

I would spend nights just staring out my windows expecting to see armed robbers appear and odd sounds in the distance were expected to be gunshots and the war beginning. For example fireworx in the vicinity would send me into paralyzing fear. I was convinced each day i would die horribly in a robbery or be dismembered by rebel soldiers when the war started.

Its nuts I know. This is how i learnt that logic and reality doesn't help with PTSD. The paranoia simply cannot be dealt with logically. I even built up an entire internet business simply to escape the country before the war started. Im still impressed at what an average person can do with motivation like this lol. Its why now i look back on all these negatives and try learn something, takaway something positive and have try no regrets. Im so stronger now due to it all, or at least i tell myself that.

I have done coke and recently abused meth in high doses and other things for 8 years after stopping MDMA (which destroyed me in less then a year) and its never done 1% of the damage that i felt from MDMA abuse (anxiety wize specifically). In fact the MDMA damage somehow killed any stim cravings and thus made other stims far easier to control.
The be clear, i abused MDMA in every sense of the word being a dumb 21yo, consecutive days and no less then 4-7 high potency pills a session, always redoing until i was seeing full on shadow people/6 nights no sleep type hallucinations in only a few hours from first dose
I would say thats the reason for the damage and it may have been fine with proper and safe dosing.
Fortunately only now 8 years later has this suddenly gotten better and I feel normal again and can think logically about these fears and risks and deal with life in ways not based on fear and paranoia.

This is why im so big into education and HR on the topic now. Please respect MDMA peeps.

Last edited: