Where Were U in ‘92?

Glowstix - Class of 1992 (came out about 6-7 months before zomby's album)

0000216893_350.jpg

Zomby - Where were U in '92?

zomby_digipak_packshot.jpg

I love how Zomby pretty much stole this album concept from Bong-Ra AKA Glowstix right down to the album cover and managed to get away with it...

;)
Glowstix - Class of 1992 (came out about 6-7 months before zomby's album)

0000216893_350.jpg

Zomby - Where were U in '92?

zomby_digipak_packshot.jpg

I love how Zomby pretty much stole this album concept from Bong-Ra AKA Glowstix right down to the album cover and managed to get away with it...

Please say this means you were old enough to go into a pub on your own in'92, I'm starting to feel really old here

;)

Please say this means you were old enough to go into a pub on your own in'92, I'm starting to feel really old here

I was old enough to go into a year 1 primary school class on my own. :D

^^^

Yet another still young enough not to have wrecked themselves so bad they cant keep the pace no longer..there must be a few more 40 +..ers out there

Christ knows where you lived I guess it depends on the social circle;e and all that, but listening to pantera or sepultura would have been considered lame at best =D=D...and I'm being really reserved on this one.

Belgium, there were no free parties/ proper raves. You had underground clubs like cherrymoon , Montini , boccacio (sp) La rocca and then the copycats like a converted farm stable out in the sticks which got raided twice monthly by the cops then shut down.
Scene didn't have a big following in the beginning either but grew each year.
Most of the xtc imported to the uk came from there though, yay =D.

Last edited:
12 y/o listening to Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Misfits and a bunch of other punk given to me by a friend's older brother. Later that year or the next a babysitter let me listen to Lords of Acid Lust and Messiah's 21st Century Jesus. The next year he gave me a copy of Moonshine Records' Law of the Jungle and that's when my tastes really started to change.

Belgium, there were no free parties/ proper raves. You had underground clubs like cherrymoon , Montini , boccacio (sp) La rocca and then the copycats like a converted farm stable out in the sticks which got raided twice monthly by the cops then shut down.
Scene didn't have a big following in the beginning either but grew each year.
Most of the xtc imported to the uk came from there though, yay =D.

It's such a small country and you didn't find all the hardcore/techno/acid and other crazy stuff happening in belgium and netherlands

shame on you :p

I was 12/13 years old and just discovering underground dance/rave music thanks to my brothers tapes (Prodigy, Slipmatt, Grooverider, Carl Cox etc) needless to say it changed the course of life forever.

I probably would not be on this forum now and would not have the friends i have were it not for me discovering the 'Alternative Scene'.

whoa, surprising to see this thread bumped. i find it amusing how when i made this thread i intended it to be about zomby's throwback album entitled "Where Were U in ‘92?" released in 08' but was that classic old school early 90's sound, but thread then was full of the literal replies to the thread title expressing where y'all actually were in 1992.

tis all good tho!

well somewhat related as im sure you're all aware of, Zomby just released a new album "Dedication" which is far from the ol'school hardcore vibes of 92' and it is most excellent. sometimes i think why aren't the tracks longer ?!?! its so good, but that's what the repeat button was made for, besides the way they progress over 2-3 minutes just flows so well.

a good example being: Zomby - 'A Devil Lay Here' this reminds me of classical music for some reason...

good interview wit the man @ http://www.self-titledmag.com/home/2011/06/29/the-self-titled-interview-zomby/

perception, universe, orange at the rocket, fantazia
big raves and sweaty clubs, dennis the menace, rhubarb and custards
hardcore all the way
wonderful times where 40000-50000 people would be off their tits together with big smiles.
The closest Ive come to that is awakenings this year.

I was 4 years old. Unfortunately didn't listen to electronic. First good electronic I heard was around 10-11, when I saw the movie Pi with soundtrack including Autechre & Aphex Twin ;)

I finally listened to a couple tracks and really liked the title track,
The old skool vibe is so fun to hear reprised in all those different ways. There are certain samples or breakbeats or song structures that he incorporates that remind me of where I really was in '92.

The title track reminded me of a Messiah white label I played incessantly while Tears in the Rain's oscillating bass and drums gave me a dark warehouse jungle room-circa 94-95 vibe. Daft Punk Rave's use of the Harder Faster Stronger vocal gave me chills on my spine just like Suzanne's Vega's vocals on the Tom's Diner Remix from the early 90's.

I'm glad I finally listened to it. My favorite so far is "Need Your Lovin".