• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Where is the information on taking amps/MPH with food?

luceluna

Bluelighter
I may be an idiot, but I've searched the forums and can't find a decent thread about taking stimulants on an empty stomach vs. taking them with food vs. taking them after food. I'm specifically interested in dexamphetamine and MPH. How does the contents of your stomach affect their absorption/efficacy? How significant is stomach pH (is there science to back up the 'alkaline stomach' theory)? And can food decrease/increase side effects?

Stimulants can give some people nausea. This can be reduced by eating first. Stimulants also reduce appetite so eating first is a good idea if it is going to be a long session.

Food that increases the Ph of your stomach can potentiate orally taken amphetamines. Citrus and anything with high amounts of vitamin C will do the opposite regardless of ROA.

A full breakfast has been shown in studies to reduce effective of extended release amphetamine (but not ritalin). It does not seem to effect normal amphetamine the same way.

Taking Dex-Amphetamin during a meal never led to diminished effects. But it bypassed the 'I am not hungry fase it will give when it starts to work'.

As I am skinny/ underweight this is for me a preferable way to take it. And it still work's with a meal in your stomach. Dex hasn't much of a kick in effect, its gradual. Empty or full stomach. But it does rely on energy your body get's from food to work. So the actual high will be better.

No but it will come on much more subtle.

The monographs say food delays absorption, but does not change the bioavailability of dextroamphetamine sulfate, saccharate, hcl; methylphenidate, methamphetamine, propylhexidrine/barbexiclone.

No but it will come on much more subtle.

The monographs say food delays absorption, but does not change the bioavailability of dextroamphetamine sulfate, saccharate, hcl; methylphenidate, methamphetamine, propylhexidrine/barbexiclone.
Also, taking antacids with amphetamine/dextroamphetamine does not potentiate it, what you need to do is alkalize your blood (induce alkylosis through the bicarbonate/CO2 cycle, which can be attained through breath control)

Also, taking antacids with amphetamine/dextroamphetamine does not potentiate it, what you need to do is alkalize your blood (induce alkylosis through the bicarbonate/CO2 cycle, which can be attained through breath control)

I dunno man i once took dextroamphetamine with baking soda and it did potentiate it a lot (mostly side effects). I wouldn't say it directly potentiates the dosage like 20mg = 30mg.

I dunno man i once took dextroamphetamine with baking soda and it did potentiate it a lot (mostly side effects). I wouldn't say it directly potentiates the dosage like 20mg = 30mg.
Hm. I tried several things with adderall, and nothing noticeable... I metabolize on the 'fast' end of cyp2d6 so maybe that, or just everyone's wiring is different. I usually can start with 50-80mg of dextro (completely naive).. we all different.

Hm. I tried several things with adderall, and nothing noticeable... I metabolize on the 'fast' end of cyp2d6 so maybe that, or just everyone's wiring is different. I usually can start with 50-80mg of dextro (completely naive).. we allAk

Also the literature out there is all over the place, but most papers cite alkaline blood levels, yet prescribing information says antihistamine antacids like cimetidine alter the absorption. One of the several things that did nothing.

Stimulants can give some people nausea. This can be reduced by eating first. Stimulants also reduce appetite so eating first is a good idea if it is going to be a long session.

Food that increases the Ph of your stomach can potentiate orally taken amphetamines. Citrus and anything with high amounts of vitamin C will do the opposite regardless of ROA.

A full breakfast has been shown in studies to reduce effective of extended release amphetamine (but not ritalin). It does not seem to effect normal amphetamine the same way.
Whats up? Seen you active on the thread and i had a question

Ever seen imprint eli 515? Generic adderall ER? Been an hour and a half since I dosed 60 mg. Don't feel near as buzzed as when I dosed that much of a different brand last time

If pink and white it’s probably legit. But it’s an extended release dose designed to come on gradually over (I think) 8-10 hours or even longer. I wouldn’t expect a big buzz unless you crushed it up first. It can be potentiated that way. Even more if taken with alka-seltzer.

It was.Well I took another 30. Does seem to be getting stronger. Guess its a real slow peak

It was.Well I took another 30. Does seem to be getting stronger. Guess its a real slow peak
It is specifically a slow release pill. Designed to give the effect of a smaller dosage than 30 mg spread across many hours. It is the wrong pill to get a quick amp buzz going with unless you crush it up.

Hey luceluna do I have your permission to post some of our messages here? I think others could definitely benefit from what we have discussed privately.

I may be an idiot, but I've searched the forums and can't find a decent thread about taking stimulants on an empty stomach vs. taking them with food vs. taking them after food.
I guess it depends on your metabolism. For me, if it's 8am and I just got up I'm not going to eat after taking Adderall. It's a waste for me as I have a fast metabolism, so eating before will make me tired and after will make it wear off faster, by an hour. Having said that, I always eat lunch. After lunch I wait at least 20 minutes to take another pill and give my body time to recover a bit. Hopefully that helps
I'm specifically interested in dexamphetamine and MPH. How does the contents of your stomach affect their absorption/efficacy? How significant is stomach pH (is there science to back up the 'alkaline stomach' theory)? And can food decrease/increase side effects?
I don't think dexmethylphenidate or regular methylphenidate are affected by pH, or not in the same way that methamphetamine is. I could be wrong though and there's a thread about this which is what I used back when I experimented with soda loading. My advice would be to not do it but I don't tell anybody what to do. I'm sure it's relatively safe to do once or twice but I imagine it can do weird things to your blood pressure if you're doing it all the time. That definitely wouldn't be a good idea