• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Where are all the heroin trip reports/experiences?

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I only like opiate trip reports for some reason I've always been fascinated probably because family taking it anyway yada yada I can't find any consequitive trip reports on drugs forum for example they have tags like trip reports smoking addiction hr etc but I can't find anything here am I missing something? I'm sure this page has got some good stories if theirs one type of story I love it's opiate addicts who have somehow survived

Everyone moved onto meth lol. I remember when I first started lurking on this forum about 3-4 years ago or so... every thread was virtually about opioids or heroin. Nowadays, every thread is most likely related to meth use.

I would assume this has to do with opiates losing their charm/euphoria. Inevitably opiates always lead to some place dark no matter what the reasons are for your chronic use. Even for chronic pain patients they still steal your natural endorphins and for whatever reasons seem to cause depression as a long-term result. People probably recreationally found other drugs to be more thrilling after a prolonged period of time. Not that meth is a great addiction to be locked into lol. The withdrawal symptoms are in some cases actually even a lot worse than opiate withdrawal.. But stimulants do offer something opiates will never be able to. I'd hypothesize people are still doing heroin just as much, but it does in time I'd assume for addicts become way less interesting and simply brings you back more so to baseline after abuse. Opiates are a short term thrill in reality. It gets old with tolerance and then things just get really dark for a while. It's not really fun to get excited over heroin when you've done it for 5 years straight and now it's a prison cell for users. They probably lost desire in talking about it and are just doing it to stay afloat/avoid disastrous sickness.

If you take a peak in the "should I try heroin" thread, you'll see why no one should try heroin lol. Incredible feeling and yet everyone is absolutely miserable in that thread. Nothing good can come from meth or heroin. They an improve your life for a tiny bit during the honey mood period, but the rabbit hole has no floor you just keep falling down farther and farther. No other drugs besides meth or heroin create such an excitement in users. They always think that they've found the miracle drug. After a while tolerance sets in and comes just in time to ruin your life. I've never known anyone who did meth or heroin daily to keep their lives in tact unless they quit just in time. For sure there are functional meth and heroin addicts out there, but those are in reality quite the anomaly. Like alcoholism, you can only hide opiate abuse for so long before it starts to make you dysfunctional and one's tolerance is partially up to you and yet can only be controlled for so long. No one wants to quit opiates. They do it because they either hit rock bottom, are absurdly broke monetarily, or have to. I don't know many people who were able to stop opiate abuse on accord of their free will. The light euphoria doesn't seem to be life-destroying or have that much control over you, until you try to quit and can't.

Last edited:
I don't believe I've ever "tripped" from an opiate.

Experience reports for opiates would be pretty dull. You can read the consequences of addiction in the sticky that has been mentioned. The reason you don't get "trip reports" is because they'd all be like @ComfortablyNumb95's comment above mine (beat me to it!)

Now oxy + MDMA on the other hand alright that was fucking brilliant.

Heroin is the most chronically addictive drug (class; opioids). When confused with acutely addictive drugs like cocaine, amphetamine or MDMA people think they're in for a pleasure blast. They only get the itching, nausea and blurring vision of the naive to the drug (response to second post)

I've never really gotten the point of trip reports for opioids

Opioids don't cause you to trip, it's always a pretty similar experience, all that varies is intensity, itchiness, duration of effect, and things like that.

I mean maybe that's exactly what you wanna hear about, but I don't see much point.

You can certainly write an in depth explanation of what opioids are like in general, but after that the experiences are all fairly similar.

Stuff like. "I shot heroin today, felt good, but not great. No real nod. Wore off after 8 h

Next day

" I shot heroin again, felt great, kept nodding off, wore off in 9 hours".

Not sure how much else there is to say.
Id say it's much the same with most of the hard drugs.

Opioids always feel like opioids. Amphetamines always feel like amphetamines.

Intensity varies, but the experience is largely the same.

"I took meth, felt great, strong, couldn't shut the fuck up, kept grinding my teeth"
"I took meth, I threw up, but then I felt great, couldn't shut fuck up, rearranged everything in my room again"

I've never really gotten the point of trip reports for opioids

Opioids don't cause you to trip, it's always a pretty similar experience, all that varies is intensity, itchiness, duration of effect, and things like that.

I mean maybe that's exactly what you wanna hear about, but I don't see much point.

You can certainly write an in depth explanation of what opioids are like in general, but after that the experiences are all fairly similar.

Stuff like. "I shot heroin today, felt good, but not great. No real nod. Wore off after 8 h

Next day

" I shot heroin again, felt great, kept nodding off, wore off in 9 hours".

Not sure how much else there is to say.
Id say it's much the same with most of the hard drugs.

Opioids always feel like opioids. Amphetamines always feel like amphetamines.

Intensity varies, but the experience is largely the same.

"I took meth, felt great, strong, couldn't shut the fuck up, kept grinding my teeth"
"I took meth, I threw up, but then I felt great, couldn't shut fuck up, rearranged everything in my room again"
To be fair, a lot of psychedelic trip reports read more or less like this too if you read them enough once you get past the extraneous stuff, they're just written by a different kind of junkie. A generic trip report is very much possible to write...as is an entertaining story about doing dope, although, for those, we mostly rely on the scene rather than the internal experience.

Last edited:
I only like opiate trip reports for some reason I've always been fascinated probably because family taking it anyway yada yada I can't find any consequitive trip reports on drugs forum for example they have tags like trip reports smoking addiction hr etc but I can't find anything here am I missing something? I'm sure this page has got some good stories if theirs one type of story I love it's opiate addicts who have somehow survived
Erowid

You don't see them because heroin, and all other opiates, create a warm euphoric wave feeling, and that's it. You can try to be poetic about it but the only real sustenance is in the experience itself, not the description of it. Psychedelics have aspects of the bazaar and inner truth which is why they're conducive to interesting trip reports, opiates have none of that.

I can understand why you might want to read those reports. If you're still in the honeymoon phase of opiate use, or just like imagining through text a perceived ultimate bliss, it might help you capture that feeling.

But once you're past that phase the commonly romanticized description of an opiate high just reminds you of what you once had. Which either pushes you to use more in hopes of recovering that forever lost feeling or reminds you that opiates are just a trap that cause pain and regret in the end.

In conclusion opiate trip reports suck eggs.

Last edited:
Because there really isn't much too it; you just feel really good and that's about it then eventually that phase ends and you start taking it just to feel stable if you decide to keep your habit up.

The only heroin trip reports that are interesting one that involve some crazy junkie adventures were someone almost gets murdered, kidnapped or arrested.

But once you're past that phase the commonly romanticized description of an opiate high just reminds you of what you once had. Which either pushes you to use more in hopes of recovering that forever lost feeling or reminds you that opiates are just a trap that cause pain and regret in the end.

That's a good point. I don't care to read opioid trip reports anyway, but I hate hearing or seeing anything about opioids when I don't have them.

I'm on methadone and even then I find myself still often not wanting to see heroin use cause it just makes me miss it.

The only heroin trip reports that are interesting one that involve some crazy junkie adventures were someone almost gets murdered, kidnapped or arrested.

Except none of that is likely to happen when you're actually on heroin, because when you're on heroin you don't wanna do anything except sit back and enjoy it.

I can't think of any interesting stories that happened on heroin to me. Just ones that happened trying to get heroin. Or money for the same.

The closest I can think of at best would have involved using heroin at the end of the story (or at least that was the hope), and are far too depressing to be enjoyable to write, let alone read.

Last edited:
Heroin is the most chronically addictive drug (class; opioids). When confused with acutely addictive drugs like cocaine, amphetamine or MDMA people think they're in for a pleasure blast. They only get the itching, nausea and blurring vision of the naive to the drug (response to second post)

I agree that heroin is the most addicting substance known to man-kind. I've never seen anyone struggle with anything in my entire life than someone trying to break free from heroin addiction. A lot of folks graduate from oxy after prolonged tolerance is built and they assume that "it's just another opiate."

For a bit of time you save money... yeah. But eventually you're spending more than you ever have on pills with no accurate ways to gauge your typical doses.
You don't see them because heroin, and all other opiates, create a warm euphoric wave feeling, and that's it. You can try to be poetic about it but the only real sustenance is in the experience itself, not the description of it. Psychedelics have aspects of the bazaar and inner truth which is why they're conducive to interesting trip reports, opiates have none of that.

I can understand why you might want to read those reports. If you're still in the honeymoon phase of opiate use, or just like imagining through text a perceived ultimate bliss, it might help you capture that feeling.

I think that the seed tea trip reports are as good as trip reports will get for that class of substance. People tend to be really descriptive about seed tea experiences, and it's funny to hear about how god damn itchy everyone was. Most junkies just sit on a couch and nod the hell out. Very few of them seem to be interested in actually doing anything lol. They basically live the life of a deeply religious celibate tortoise when they're under the influence. Not very fast-paced enough for an exciting read.

If you're looking for a wild trip report you should look up the meth ones. Tweakers know how to live on the edge. They'll probably regret all their actions later on life after cessation, but man they sure are open with their sexuality when it comes to tweaking out with each other.

That's a good point. I don't care to read opioid trip reports anyway, but I hate hearing or seeing anything about opioids when I don't have them.

I'm on methadone and even then I find myself still often not wanting to see heroin use cause it just makes me miss it.

Except none of that is likely to happen when you're actually on heroin, because when you're on heroin you don't wanna do anything except sit back and enjoy it.

I can't think of any interesting stories that happened on heroin to me. Just ones that happened trying to get heroin. Or money for the same.

The closest I can think of at best would have involved using heroin at the end of the story (or at least that was the hope), and are far too depressing to be enjoyable to write, let alone read.
I find them well interesting I've read every single erowid ones the good ones go from som1 in wd copping on the streets then over doing it and nearly dying.
You learn things from them

Good times...

Just sitting back, smoking cigarettes. Hoping you don't accidentally set yourself on fire again...

Lol "the good ole days." Opiates make you feel like you're the life of the party but purely in an internal fashion. To everyone else you're a fucking disgusting slug that's sitting in a chair half-awake feeling like you've won the lottery lol. It's the perfect drug... to ruin your entire life. Do we all agree there's no better way to fall off the face of the earth? Everyone loves and hates them at the same time. It's so complex to have a relationship with something like that. I've never been so conflicted about anything in severely polar opposite directions. Sometimes being sober is nice because you finally can live in purgatory.

Lol "the good ole days." Opiates make you feel like you're the life of the party but purely in an internal fashion. To everyone else you're a fucking disgusting slug that's sitting in a chair half-awake feeling like you've won the lottery lol. It's the perfect drug... to ruin your entire life. Do we all agree there's no better way to fall off the face of the earth? Everyone loves and hates them at the same time. It's so complex to have a relationship with something like that. I've never been so conflicted about anything in severely polar opposite directions. Sometimes being sober is nice because you finally can live in purgatory.

Yea more or less.
They're life destroying. But when you're on them it can sometimes be hard to care.

Opioids are like an abusive spouse. So loving and supportive sometimes. But possessive. They're the only one allowed to have you and if you try to leave they'll make sure you suffer for it.

Yea I know I'm doing that junkie thing where you personify your drug. But that's how it feels sometimes.

I never felt like the life of the party though. On meth maybe but not heroin. Heroin makes me not give a shit about the party. The party's secondary. Everything's secondary. Heroin comes first.

Yea more or less.
They're life destroying. But when you're on them it can sometimes be hard to care.

Opioids are like an abusive spouse. So loving and supportive sometimes. But possessive. They're the only one allowed to have you and if you try to leave they'll make sure you suffer for it.

Yea I know I'm doing that junkie thing where you personify your drug. But that's how it feels sometimes.

I never felt like the life of the party though. On meth maybe but not heroin. Heroin makes me not give a shit about the party. The party's secondary. Everything's secondary. Heroin comes first.

This is so spot on it's disturbing--many find themselves unable to quit and sadly permanently so. It's easier to stop an addiction that has purely negative side effects, but knowing that the euphoria comes back after some time away on a sober vacation here and there makes it so obscenely evil beyond words.

I am past the honeymoon p but it's just a fact that I don't really do any drugs and opiates are exciting people die are frightened from a near fatal od and yet shoot up again anyway if that isn't fascinating idk what is but please don't tell me I'm not past the honeymoon because it's insulting I've been through so bad fucking nights which are unberable I honestly don't know how the older addicts who been on 20 years plus makes me shudder with envy