• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

When you go out on Thursday/Friday/Saturday or even Sunday nights, is it...

IMO the parties in Europe and few other places in the world are so much better than in AU for example because AU is a multicultural country and we all know that it causes greater conflicts not to mention the quality of drugs and prices LOL Ur right Mr Blonde, I also hate going to alcohol fueled parties/raves w/e. Aggressiveness is the last thing youd want when ur out to have fun, to me it seems in Australia most people are out there looking to pick a fight with someone. Where I lived there were bout 10 million people in that country and not even a fraction of violence that happens in Australia. Im not really sure why though, this is the best country to live in the world and its just so rich in everything. If you want to earn a killing u have the opportunity.

AU is a multicultural country and we all know that it causes greater conflicts
disagree completely.
australia is fairly harmonious compared to a lot of places. sure, there are redneck australians with racist attitudes, but nationalist gangs and ethnic battles are pretty rare. compare australia to the balkans for example. there might be tensions in certain parts of the country, but as a whole we are pretty unified.
i think this idea that "multiculturalism" causes disharmony is a new attitude spread by weasels like alan jones or pauline hanson but it is not based in fact.
there are fights in australia? sure there are - it's always been the case. we have a culture of 'work hard, play hard'. fights happen.
it's not a new phenomena. it happened in the days of the "white australia policy" and it says more about australia's culture of machismo than it does about our ethnic make up.
compared to most countries in the world, australia has adapted very naturally to immigration - unless you count the 'first settlers'. those bastards didn't "assimilate" at all.

^ good post. I would also like to point out that fist fights are common in many western and other countries. I don't believe that Australia has alot worse alcohol related violence than other countries.

anyway. back on topic.

For drugs like MDMA or speed. I would rather be at an event or club. I like the fact that I can dance for a while rather than having to talk the whole time, because I can turn into a bit of a scatterbrain on MDMA. Speed I'm alot more coherent, but would still rather dance.

LSD and other psychs, would much rather be with a group of good friends, tripping outdoors. or tripping at a bush doof.

opiates and benzos - gotta be at home.

cocaine - I have never found this to be a club drug nor good for dancing. for me it is purely for sitting around and talking shit. The fact that you have to go to the toilet in a club to do some lines like every 30 minutes, is a fucking poain in the arse. so yeah, its a doing at home with friends drug.

Alcohol I can drink anywhere, but I dont like drinking alone.

On the topic of going out being dangerous. I live in melbourne, which is regarded at lesast by the media to have the biggest problem with alcohol fuelled violence. However, i cant say I have ever really felt threatened, nor been attacked. for the most part people are pretty chilled. maybe its just the venues I go too.

With MDMA/Stimulants in general, I like both quiet nights at home or nights out in the city. Having a nice roll with close friends at home is just as fun to me as rolling hard at a club/event.

LSD and psychs in general is a very personal thing for me, I usually use them alone but I do like tripping with close friends. I am pretty strict on who I trip with.

Opiates are the most anti-social drug for me by far, I hate being interrupted when I'm trying to nod. I just want to be left alone scratching in bliss, listening to some good music underneath my blankets.

things in Australia have changed, and no Im not just getting older. Ive lived in western Sydney since I first come to Aus and the pubs / clubs back in the early nineties were full of blokes in wife beaters listening to ACDC (I love ACDC by the way) and the closest they came to drugs was speed, weed and farkin beer, this combination often led to violence and wimmin were.....well.....no different to the blokes. I used to get on the train and go to the new clubs just starting out playing this new music called house, the places I went were 80-90% English and it was pretty wild, the cops didnt know back then what MDMA was so the clubs I went to were left alone, I remember smoking weed openly at these clubs and buying pills (for 50 fucking dollars) at the bar in plain sight of everyone. Fast forward to 2001 onwards, all the dickheads who were wearing wife beaters and "farking gunna smash ya if you looked at em wrong" found out about "the scene" and they enjoy it, and who wouldnt? BUT they bring the same attitudes they had at the pub, all steroids and the dont fuck with me looks. For this reason I generally do drugs at home with close friends, but I really miss them times

I've been married and raising kids for 25 years now, the fucking Olympic torch goes out more often than I do.

Besides I have yet to find a venue that allows my girlfriend and I to lounge about in our underwear.

You need to come to Melb, Purr at Room sounds like just your thing.

I used to love going out, for both the atmosphere and the drugs. I thought they day would never, ever come, that I'd want to stay home on a Saturday night!

These days though I much prefer staying home, and getting wrecked with a handful of friends. When I go out I'm with my friends anyway, except it's hard to have a convo because the music is too loud, it costs too much money, you can be uncomfortable/cold/hot whatever, then you have to worry about getting home. I'd much rather sit with those same mates on a couch in one of our houses in my pyjamas.

I like to go out to concerts or festivals when i get the chance but i prefer to stay home with the gf and get messed up with her. Cheaper and always safer!

I think in an ideal society multiculturalism doesn't cause any conflict but in practise it just doesn't happen that way. Most youth gangs that I am aware of are ethnic based and I can speak from growing up in a suburb that took on a large number of a few different ethnic groups over a period of time when I was younger. I am not racist in the slightest but with every wave of immigrants/refugees of a certain kind there always tended to be problems where they would often form gangs and even outside gang culture a lot of fighting was racially motivated (as much due to ignorant white people as anything else). I think that people are constantly looking to belong, and part of belonging to a group too often involves having another group that represents the opposite of what you stand for to beef and conflict with. A wide variety of cultural backgrounds does create more grounds for people to have an us and them mentality, and I think in youth culture today it would be off base to say ethnic diversity does not drive violence in the least.

On the rare occassion I go out these days I go out for the experience of going out, but that said, I am past the point I can really enjoy myself out if I don't use any drugs. Without meth I really don't feel that energetic to go out or confident in a large crowd setting. I can get by getting drunk but I tend to avoid binge drinking in public as I have a tendency to do stupid shit. It's not that I need these drugs to enjoy going out, because the enjoyment I derive from going out isn't just coming from the drugs, I just sorta need the drugs to be in the right mood to enjoy myself and not feel tired and/or anxious.

These days though I much prefer staying home, and getting wrecked with a handful of friends. When I go out I'm with my friends anyway, except it's hard to have a convo because the music is too loud, it costs too much money, you can be uncomfortable/cold/hot whatever, then you have to worry about getting home. I'd much rather sit with those same mates on a couch in one of our houses in my pyjamas.
This is pretty much my attitude 90% of the time these days, certainly when I am not toking meth anyway which I have been trying not to do. PJ party at my house? ;)

When I'm not drinking with workmates in pubs, I just go to friends houses. I would say though these days I consume about 70% of my drugs at home with my fiance, and heavy psches only on my own really, as I prefer to go really deep in my mind, and can only really let go on my own. I do still do love catching up with a best mate to have a couple tabs, but leave the heavy combos to just me and spirit world..

like a lot of observations and generalisations made on here, i think the issue of ethnic tension (or not) depends entirely on where you are as to what you experience.
sure, there are "gangs" of various ethnicities, but i see gangs of various subcultures around the place too - surfers, hip hop kids or whatever. we belong to whatever we belong to, socially - but i really think that australia is one of the most culturally diverse, harmonious countries in this regard. there are only a minority of ethnicities that would really feel threatened or ostracised here, and a lot of this has to do with media or political hype (ie people of middle eastern descent) or history (such as the indigenous population). there might be parts of western sydney or whatever where the community isn't cohesive, where cultural divisions are an issue, but i think in the scheme of things, our community is pretty accepting and cooperative on the whole.

yes, every wave of immigration has been a challenge to certain parts of the anglo-australian outlook, but so far we've (speaking for myself) adapted pretty well to each of them. if we weren't bombarded with all this islamic paranoia in the decade after 911 i really things would be different in regard to how muslims, arabs etc are viewed by australians (whatever 'australians' even means nowadays) but outside of a bit of racism and a bit of ignorance, australia is a pretty ideal 'multicultural' nation. we don't have the ghettos that exist within the US, britain, france or a lot of other comparable nations, and all in all we work together pretty well.

i only want to clarify my comments because i'm very suspicious of this recent shift against the idea of multiculturalism.
my view is that we have aeroplanes, people move around the planet as it suits - and this is not a bad thing - it's something we're all going to have to deal with.
it's also misleading to confuse "multiculturalism" with "immigration" and "refugee intake" - these are three completely separate issues, but often get simplified in media debate as one thing, which does the discussion no justice IMO.

for the record, i've only ever had issues with pissed white fellas out on the town. everybody's experiences and hometowns may vary though.