• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

When you go out on Thursday/Friday/Saturday or even Sunday nights, is it...

Charles Bronson

Bluelighter
the drugs/alcohol taking at home that you enjoy the most or the people/atmosphere of everyone having a good time, dancing and shit, flashing lights, just ya know, the whole atmosphere of clubs and pubs and other venues, like house parties and shit?

I'd have to say that my choice is the atmosphere, because it's such a change from a boring arse night at home, like when you're stuck at home, with your parents screaming at you about bullshit. But...there are serious dangers involved in going out to the club district of whatever city, because your enemies will also be there and will try and beat the shit out of you, because there drunk as fuck and acting real hard and bravado cuz they go to the gym every day.

I know the risk is limited, but what is it you prefer?

Staying at home doing drugs/alcohol or going out and doing drugs/alcohol?

MODS:
Move this post to wherever you see fit, even though I'd like to see some Aussie input in here, because we are a nation of binge drinkers on weekends and shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a day tripper, I prefer to play hard but still get enough sleep so I can get up the next day and get shit done. Dancing until dawn, fighting for a cab ( or worse coming down waiting in line) and putting up with drunks holds no appeal anymore so it's either an afternoon session or party at home for me.

Besides I have yet to find a venue that allows my girlfriend and I to lounge about in our underwear.

depends what drugs you are doing, most people wouldnt want to be in a club on lsd, and you wouldnt want to stay home if you were taking speed.

i don't go out just for the sake of going out, i go out for birthdays and when theres a dj i want to see.
i must say i prefer staying home, its easier and ALOT cheaper. And staying at home you can get as intoxicated as you want and you don't have to worry about bouncers kicking you out.

Don't quit searching Busty, we'll find that venue eventually! ;)
I've been to hell fire clubs and the like where sitting around in leather underwear is encouraged but I then have to also put up with other ugly dudes naked. There needs to be a perfect beautiful people:naked ratio I'm afraid

I personally believe alcohol hinders night life in so many places...if people were smoking spliffs and taking it easy on the booze for example a night out would be much more enjoyable for all!

I'm only nineteen but I still don't enjoy going out that much at night because it tends to be the same tired story (as Busty describes.)

Besides who wants to waste their night dodging undercover police, roided up meat heads, touchy security and far to wasted gangas.

I tend to go to clubs and pubs when there is an event on I actually want to go see.

Otherwise it's get as intoxicated as I like (as Westy said) at home %)

I prefer home. Honestly, in the few house parties and raves I've been to in my teenage years - they never end up as good as sitting at home relaxing, not worrying about a thing. Although I do miss raving occasionally.

For me it's a combination of the substance, the people and the venue that makes a difference to how much I enjoy myself.

Some of my fondest memories are from house parties with a small group of friends :-D

Going out every weekend is was what I did when I was 16 - 20. These days if I do go out, I feel old and don't have as much fun as I used to, even on stimulants. A few beers and a pool table or dart board and some tunes is just as enjoyable for me, plus it's a lot cheaper, less dangerous and easier to use whatever substance I want in whatever manner I wish.

I only go out for a purpose, to see a band or dj i particulary like, i don't go out for very often for the just for sake of it because i have a phobia of being around drunk people i don't know (which is bizarre as i am a big drinker myself)

I prefer to take stimulants when i go out as drinks are too expensive and being drunk at a gig sux for a variety of reasons - getting to the bar, having to to the toilet every 30 minutes

I am off to see Aphex Twin next month which demands a high dosage of LSD , i am seeing KRS-1 the following week which i will attend sober, so it all depends on the nature of the event

I Like staying home with my mummy. Even though im a huge
bloke physically, there are bigger guys than me. The fear of
being smashed to pieces does worry me in nightclubs, but
here in WA there are so many police in the nightclub district
nowdays i mean like 100s of them on a friday and saturday
night because it's so violent over here. But going out for a good
night is lots of fun, only if i take drugs though. I Hate no drugs.

I don't know why I go out.

I'm a nester at heart, few pills and a comfy couch with some dumb shit to watch = winning.

Carrying drugs in the city is a huge risk these days, thank god for communist Australia.

I enjoy going out to meet the people, the drugs do enhance the relationships though.
Otherwise I stick to psychedelics in a home, health enhancing way.

Many many years ago when I first started taking MDMA, Speed etc I would prefer to go to clubs or house parties/small gatherings. It all got to suss especially living in a small town even the cops knew what we were always up to so we started doing it at home. U can listen to whatever music ur into with mates and do whatever u want.

With psychedelics I always preferred to do it at home with very very close mates (no exceptions)

Now days if I do any its always at home. I hate going to festivals in Australia. Id rather not go to one because of consequences that may arise at any given festival involving cops. What better than chilling at home on opiates / buds and listening to music, eating nice foods, chatting to friends and posting on forums?

i love going places with cool people, cool music. dancing is a fucking wonderful thing to do. especially with certain chemicals.
when i go out, it's with a spring in my step, a smile on my face.
mainstream australian party culture is bullshit - i've always ignored it and done my own thing. why anyone would want to be part of all that tacky shit is beyond me, but each to their own.
so many tosser guys seem to go out to get smashed and get laid, and when they don't pick up they feel insecure so they try and reassert their wounded sense of masculinity by showing everyone how tough they are. i ignore the neanderthals, don't even notice them.
i'm comfortable with my masculinity - i don't need to prove myself when i'm out on the town. i just dance like a motherfucker.
i don't go out for sleaze or violence, i go out for music and kicks. if i meet someone, that's great - but if not, i couldn't give a fuck.
i have no problem walking home by myself at sunrise - in fact, i love it.

i agree with infectedmushroom - you might be just 19, but you've got it sussed man.

i don't participate in macho posturing, i don't poo my pants.

when i go out i have a fucking ball.
i'm picky about what events i go to - but to me that's just common sense.

I used to enjoy going out clubbing every weekend, to be in an altered state, with good mates, good tunes and to be able to have a good dance.

Now i go out very rarely.. There just isn't anywhere to go in Brissy that plays what I want to listen to on a regular basis.

I'd rather hang out at a mates place than go to the only club that plays hard dance and be treated like a piece of meat and hassled for drugs.

Only go out for big events where the atmosphere will be good and the occasional fetish night..

Generally I prefer to use drugs/alcohol somewhere chilled out. Best times have been at house parties with old friends, with a chilled out positive but excitable atmosphere (on MDMA :) ) some of the best times ever in fact. Also had very good times with gatherings of 10 or less people. I like when everyone is on the same wavelength (pretty hard to do at bigger events)

I find it hard to communicate properly when 'out', and I find it's very hit or miss...too chaotic usually. I don't really like staying at home either...that feeling when you get home after a brilliant night is awesome and it doesn't happen if you've been there the entire time :)

Have had some incredible times at different events, usually when there's a band or act/DJ I really like and would rarely get the chance to see. I think those kind of nights are special because almost everyone who's bought the expensive ticket to see this particular act has something in common - they all fucking love the music. At larger festivals and clubs, there's such a mix of different vibes that I can end up confused, end up losing my friends, see something violent/messed up and end up wanting to go home.

Mind you I haven't really had an awesome night in years. These days I prefer quiet pubs, friends places, restaurants, one on one or even at home by myself having an early night (damn I feel like an old man saying that!)

If I'm drunk enough I can enjoy anywhere mostly.

I much prefer the small gathering at home type environment, or a larger house party with people I know. Much more friendly, way less problems. I don't like going to most pubs or bars anymore as I don't drink and don't like the aggressive atmosphere that is often found.

Christ! said:
I find it hard to communicate properly when 'out', and I find it's very hit or miss...too chaotic usually. I don't really like staying at home either...that feeling when you get home after a brilliant night is awesome and it doesn't happen if you've been there the entire time

This. Rarely there is an event on that I'm interested in and has a good crowd, usually though I'm pretty bored if I'm forced to go out.