View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

When to redose on LSD?

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
Today my bf and I got gel tabs of lsd and since it was my first time I halved it. I’m about 2.5 hours in with mostly just rapid thoughts and body jitters but no visuals except slight distortion of shadows cast by slim objects. I’m debating whether I should take the other half because everywhere I look online seems to suggest that I should have just taken the whole thing regardless of dosage because I won’t get intensified/more effects if I take the other half later. I personally want the visuals as part of the experience regardless of my reaction to them. Should I take the other half? Should I wait a bit longer then take the other half?

Looks like you didnt get an answer in time. What did you end up doin? Redosing doesnt usually work too well because the peaks of the two doses wont line up and you already get some tolerance kick in, but tbh I've never redosed acid to know first hand, this is just what I've observed.

Looks like you didnt get an answer in time. What did you end up doin? Redosing doesnt usually work too well because the peaks of the two doses wont line up and you already get some tolerance kick in, but tbh I've never redosed acid to know first hand, this is just what I've observed.
I ended up taking the other half and it actually had a stronger reaction. I was 3 hours in with hardly any visuals. The redose of the other half gave me some moderately intense visuals about 40 minutes after the redose. I went ahead and just took another full tab after 6 hours from the intial dose and got hella intense visuals, as well as mental and spatial sensations.
Luckily I had a really good trip even after taking the second tab. My bf was scared I’d have a bad trip if I took the second tab but I was adamant about wanting to take it.

always take the full tab, chemists lay these things as a one unit for a reason. redosing lsd is a waste
The initial half dose was crap, I barely had any sensations/visuals, but taking the other half gave me what I anticipated about 40 minutes after taking it. I took a second full tab a few hours later and had an actually visually and mentally intense but enjoyable trip. I think I might stick with 2 tabs from now on, but that depends bc we didn’t know the dosage in the gel tabs.

yeah redosing lsd is pointless imo, it's all about the initial dose
I dunno if it was because this was my first time tripping, but the redose of the other half intensified things to the point that I was blubbering like a baby and got fairly intense visuals when looking at myself. When I decided to take a second full tab my surroundings were the most affected with super intense melting/distorted/patterned visuals, but my appearance remained static/normal during that time.

be careful with dosing two tabs at the same time when you don't know the dosage. It will be alot more intense than redosing them. Lsd has a dose curve a doubling of dosage isn't not a doubling of intensity every 50ug extra adds another layer or level to the acid.

be careful with dosing two tabs at the same time when you don't know the dosage. It will be alot more intense than redosing them. Lsd has a dose curve a doubling of dosage isn't not a doubling of intensity every 50ug extra adds another layer or level to the acid.
Ah I see. Next time I’ll try to ask our dealer what the dosage is for our tabs. It seems he doesn’t really ever know the dosages for the drugs he sells unless it’s something like shrooms that can be measured. Pressed pills and tabs rarely have a dosage when he gives them to us. But our dealer personally tries every order/lot that he gets of the drugs to test their potency, so we only get the response “oh it’s reallyyyy good.” Not the best measure of intensity though given that he’s one of those drug dealers who also does drugs all the time, has a higher tolerance most likely, and gets fucked up frequently (making him difficult to contact).

Redosing acid during a proper trip is a waste however taking the other half of a tab while you're just a couple hours in and realise your initial dose was too weak does work just fine in my experience. Hits quicker than the initial dose too. Might be a little weaker than otherwise, but it's a very small difference. The tolerance LSD causes mostly kicks in after the trip is over not as soon as you take a tab.

Hope you had a good trip OP. But most likely the dealer won't know the dose or will just make it up.

Tracers and mild visual motions are to be expected, but in my experience you have to be tripping pretty darn hard to get all out visuals.

100ug of high quality acid should be enough to give you a proper trip with proper visuals. That's assuming a real 100ug dose and high purity xtal though. I remember back when TT tabs were going around cheap, I got 10x 100ug tabs, had some amazing times on those. They were EC tested at something like 98% purity. Proper acid can't be beat.

Redosing acid during a proper trip is a waste however taking the other half of a tab while you're just a couple hours in and realise your initial dose was too weak does work just fine in my experience. Hits quicker than the initial dose too. Might be a little weaker than otherwise, but it's a very small difference. The tolerance LSD causes mostly kicks in after the trip is over not as soon as you take a tab.

Hope you had a good trip OP. But most likely the dealer won't know the dose or will just make it up.
Thank you! Yeah the trip was pretty good, glad I redosed then took the other tab after the initial 12 hours.

Tracers and mild visual motions are to be expected, but in my experience you have to be tripping pretty darn hard to get all out visuals.
Yeah my shit was fucked up. My bf’s face looked like it was grafted onto a template of a body and it gradually progressed into a cutesy but gross anime style face that melted and moved around. Wasn’t scary but definitely interesting ?

For future reference, redosing LSD (and psychedelics in general) works well before you hit the peak. Once you hit the peak, adding more will only add some of the strength of the redose. Once you're past the peak, it will pretty much just prolong the experience unless you take like twice as much as your original dosage. Generally redosing within the first hour to hour and a half will work quite well, although it can be risky because it might be that your original dose was enough, but it just hadn't hit you all the way yet, and then that redose will end up being too much.

Redosing lsd is pointless like mentioned before. one day in psychiatry i took 2 hits and had an enjoyable experience and the next day i wanted to trip again and took the other 97 or 98 something of the sheet in pieces as big they fitted in my mouth and only had a weak experience the next day. Kind of wasted all my stuff. They were 60mics each accordingly but i've read that only 2mg of LSD absorbs at one time possibly. With the tolerance of the day before the effect was noticably less. My rule with psychedelic tolerance is to wait one week but in my experience using tryptamines have less tolerance than lysergamides and phenethylamines even more a little bit less. I've used synth mescalines multiple times in the same week with much better results with redosing between those those three types of psychedelics.

^^^What?? I’ve done LSD two days in a row and typically I only need to multiply my dose by 1.5x to 2x more.

I hate saying it but the better explanation is your first trip was aided by placebo and the next day you better felt the true potency of the dose. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

I think redosing isn’t bad if you do it early enough. I’d say before 3-4hours after your initial dose with LSD. Still isn’t as strong as dosing all at once but definitely far from a waste either.

-GC

Last edited:
I have tripped within 3 days and still felt the full trip but the more you go without longer breaks inbetween the more tolerance kicks in and starts to be alot more noticeable

Well, the difference is that there was atleast 24 hours in between. hahaha placebo. I have tripped over Thousands of times, and hundreds of types of psychedelics and in many many combinations. And you are talking to me about not noticing the difference of placebos xD