• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

When Christ says to Love and turn the other cheek

Fear is both conscious and unconscious. Just like guilt.
I came to the conclusion that all fear is an illusion due to fear? Haha you don't stop with this huh. First I didn't say I came to the conclusion I was speaking of what some guru's say. But if I wanted to get really deep with it I can see the truth in it because the minds fears are mostly not true but a part of us believes in them. Its always best to walk through the fear and when on the other side it is realized that yes fear prior to action is an illusion in most cases.

If everything is done out of fear and its unconscious then I wouldn't think there would be any way to prove that this is the truth. Anyway thats enough for me. I probably wouldn't have carried this on this much had I not been bored. So what have we learned? Fear is the biggest motivator? Or everyone does everything including fart due to fear? I guess regardless it doesn't matter.

Time for bed. Afraid I might be tired tomorrow if I don't sleep tonight. OK, ok this is gone too far. I'm just being a sick. I'm giving myself a warning.

I was just saying in essence what brought the Guru to that finding?

Take for instance the tragedy of that white man killing black church goers. Here Christianity can be asserted. That this deranged man in fear of what Black people represent to him, killed God. He crucified 9 people. Why? It was whatever fear that drove him to his alienated state of being. That these persons were not God's children or deserving of Love. Here you have the symbol of Christ in its application.

I am just saying that the decisions of the brain boil down to very base emotions. I believe Christianity shows this very well. What Good is --is specifically not Bad.

Last edited:
Jesus meant that if you use violence against other people, they will use violence against you. If you lead a life of violence, you will always attract violence. He was speaking to the cycle of violence and how it never ends so long as someone is willing to keep initiating it. And I believe he was saying it in the context of the Roman governance at the time. People wanted to rebel against the authority for many reasons and he encouraged them not to take up arms because it would just beget more violence. The later gospels infer that God would handle it, with His judgment, at the end of the day; but as far as I know, Jesus never talked about such things. He did mention some proscribed guidelines for living, but also said things like "The Father and I are One", and talked about Church builders being idolators... so I'm not quite sure if judgment at the pearly gates was really part of his thinking.

That's why the way he died was so influential. He walked his talk and didn't raise a finger when the authorities came for him. Even as they tortured him, he did not resist or fight back, and neither did his followers. He was the first protestor to use non-violent resistance, that we know of.

Too bad that so many centuries of Christiandom killed so many millions of people after that.