• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What's your motto for life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
as said in my siggy... "fuck that shit"
and Id haveta say that this is a good one.. Im bout to add it in my siggy now that I think about it
"Why do we all wish for today to end and tomorrow to begin? If our wishes came true we would not live life. Wishing for tomorrow leads closer to sorrow. Wishing it to stay leaves you with only today. Dont wish your life away, but dont wish it to stay."
**much love**
-k-

On Girls: "Nice guys finish last." (and the one girl I want to be with but can'ts is "nice girls finish last." :( )
On life: "Do what you want, then explain yourself later." Got that one from my HS Newspaper teacher that would buy everything we needed, then get the money back from the school without asking.
And overall, I just keep the word Progression close to my heart. If I got a tatoo, that's what I would get.

awww neoracle :)
I have a word too, that I think about often and considered for a tattoo. The word is "bliss". I remind myself that this is what I wish to feel and to seek out. Not security, or wealth or contentment, but complete and utter bliss. Sometimes all it takes is a glass of wine and a sunset. :D
This isn't really a famous quote or anything, but it's something I apply to all sorts of things in my life.
"Not better, or worse--just different."
I use this to refer to my job/school, my abilities, choices in life, looks, etc. There are many different ways to do things and I'm not about to assume that mine is the highest or most righteous :D

Its all good.
And thumbs up to stardragon for the Mage: The Ascenscion quote. I have always liked that one also.

here's my take:
"All the world's a gallows and we all play with our parts, some are towel boys, others lewd doctors, most of us just dirty old men whimper at life's Glory Hole" - William S. Burroughs

I have two and always abide by them.
1) Everything happens for the better
2) Things could be better, but then again ..... things could definitely be worse.
Cheers
~Silly

I have a few:
~(This is always applicable) It could be worse.
~I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.
~(My quote) Not everything in this magical world is quite what it seems.

i constantly feed myself the same line of security: everything is always going to be alright.
as far as i know, it done well for me.

Try anything once and if you don't like it then you don't have to do it again .... :)
Live life to the full
Everything happens for a reason .... :)

It's all good...
I used to say that and not really get it, but now for me it means that if I'm still around to say it then I'm still here, still breathing, still getting another chance to get things right so it just has to be all good.
-T

Three big ones really. My signature, which means the world to me, and two from the same source... John Galt's speech in Atlas Shrugged. Oh how I adore Ayn Rand. ;)
"We are on strike against self-immolation. We are on strike against the creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. We are on strike against the dogma that the pursuit of one's happiness is evil. We are on strike against the doctrine that life is guilt."
"You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live."
Power is happiness. Being in power is accepting joy. Empowerment is using your own happiness to help others find their own joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.