• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What's your motto for life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My motto: Never give up. By that I mean don't kill yourself. You never know what's round the corner.

fuck it.
you only live twice.
it'll be alright on the nite.
they wont mind if i dont show for work once more.

" Don't hate this moment, for this moment is your life" ( my sig)
"True friend's are those whom know the worst of you and don't turn their faces away"

Fuck Wishin', you're missin the ambition on your mission. -Outkast
Forever always seems to be around when it begins, but forever never seems to be around when it ends. -Ben harper
you live, you learn, you love, you learn , you die you LEAAAAAAAAARn, you see, you learn you breath you LEAAAAAAAAA ER ER ERN----- the whiny but sweet Alanis Moresette

-Glass is half full
-Glass is half empty
-Half full, no wait half empty, no wait oh maan
-What the fuck! glass a water? I ordered a friggin cheeseburger
-Chase the Butterflies
-Charge the Windmills

I have a saying that I go by with my close circle of friends...
A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
For the rest of life I am trying to live by:
Carpe Diem.
smiles and hugz
~~WoozEee~~

ehm... i gots a bunch.
the one that summarizes them all prolly is from a sticker on http://www.unamerican.com : BE NOT HALF-ASSED
but here's some others on that tip... true they're more like "quotes to live by" than strictly personal mottoes, but...
There is an endless supply of white men, but there has always been a limited number of human beings. (from Little Big Man)
If our ways scare
you perhaps you
should ask yourself why--
is it OUR passion
that frightens you
our your own?
(in Mage: the Ascension)
Freedom is not something that anybody can be given; freedom is something people take and people are as free as they want to be. (James Baldwin)
I don't want to pass through life like a smooth plane ride. All you do is get to breathe and copulate and finally die. I don't want to go with the smooth skin and the calm brow. I hope I end up a blithering idiot cursing the sun - hallucinating, screaming, giving obscene and inane lectures on street corners and public parks. People will walk by and say, "Look at that drooling idiot. What a basket case." I will turn and say to them, "It is you who are the basket case. For every moment you hated your job, cursed your wife and sold yourself to a dream that you didn't even conceive. For the times your soul screamed yes and you said no. For all of that. For your self-torture, I see the glowing eyes of the sun! The air talks to me! I am at all times!" And maybe, the passers-by will drop a coin into my cup. (Henry Rollins)
If you foolishly ignore beauty, you'll soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you wisely invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life. (Frank Lloyd Wright)
But you do, you have magic. Maybe you can't find it, but it's there! You have all the power you need, if you dare to look for it. (in The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle)
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. (Mark Twain)
Talk not of wasted affection; affection never was wasted. (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
He says, "There's nothing left of me.
I'm like a ruby held up to the sunrise.
Is it still a stone, or a world
made of redness? It has no resistance
to sunlight."
This is how Hallaj said, I am God,
and told the truth!
(Rumi)
i get the feeling i misinterpreted this topic, sorry for turning it into a quotefest there...

life is like a dick, just fuck it...
Dick is short for richard, rich is short for dick, so rich people are dicks.....
-kc-

ha-kuna-ma-ta-ta
or
i have nothing to offer but my own confusion

I have a few:
-Your life is conditioned by your own thoughts;
not by the thoughts of anyone else.
-As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.
-No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.

On life: "That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger."
On experiences: "I never regret the things I have done, only those I haven't."
When I'm stressed: "Think of butterflies."

For fuck's sake if you don't do this now you're gonna regret it later! so just go talk to her man... shit my palms are sweaty
"I wish this moment could last just a little bit longer"

Well, I have a few:
Don't prejudge others. Wait until you have evidence and then judge the hell out of them. (actually the first part, the second I just added to be funny)
Live your life and do deeds to be remembered fondly by as many folks as possible. If you do this, you will positively touch many lives.
Money doesn't mean a damn thing in the end. Share!
Be hardest on yourself and make sure you set your personal standards higher than any standard set for you. Then you should only be dissapointed when you fail yourself, not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.