• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Whats your Higher Power?

I have a problem with the word 'power' in the title and all it implies. All that all-knowing all-seeing stuff that only really comes from our own value systems - the need to know what cannot be known.

There is no 'higher power' in control or with it all worked out. Logically, like a human.

It's just random chemical shit.

We are indeed star stuff.
That also means"higher power"-star stuff.For me.Question of interpretation and inner believe

I was an agnostic for most of my life, but have settled into a much more refined understanding of the universe.

To me, God is what creates and holds the universe together. When you meditate or pray, you can connect to this force and center or settle your emotions. The bliss you feel on a sunny day, say you're walking on a pier and there's a nice breeze. That there is God. The various imperfections that have crafted each and every individual biological organism on this planet, they are necessary. The constant change and fluctuations of energy.

I feel that's what God is on a physical level. But on a moral or emotional level, I believe inspiration should be drawn from all manner of existing religions. Personally I closely identify with the Christian faith. This doesn't mean I believe God created the world in 7 days, Old Testament etc. etc... But, I do believe in the teachings of Jesus, and I believe he was a righteous man who taught righteous ideals and saved people. I also believe in the teachings of Buddha. I hold Taoism very close, as this was my first entry into spiritual belief, learning about Taoism is what I needed to get a fuller grasp on how I felt about God.

remember this the 90's GIF by absurdnoise

I was an agnostic for most of my life, but have settled into a much more refined understanding of the universe.

To me, God is what creates and holds the universe together. When you meditate or pray, you can connect to this force and center or settle your emotions. The bliss you feel on a sunny day, say you're walking on a pier and there's a nice breeze. That there is God. The various imperfections that have crafted each and every individual biological organism on this planet, they are necessary. The constant change and fluctuations of energy.

I feel that's what God is on a physical level. But on a moral or emotional level, I believe inspiration should be drawn from all manner of existing religions. Personally I closely identify with the Christian faith. This doesn't mean I believe God created the world in 7 days, Old Testament etc. etc... But, I do believe in the teachings of Jesus, and I believe he was a righteous man who taught righteous ideals and saved people. I also believe in the teachings of Buddha. I hold Taoism very close, as this was my first entry into spiritual belief, learning about Taoism is what I needed to get a fuller grasp on how I felt about God.
I Agree What Just Happened GIF by Aurora Consulting - EIDL Consulting

"To be good christian and to be good budhist alltogether is absolutely normal.Because Budism is more philosophy,than religion for me.And there is no such thing like God.....they talk even about many Gods and demons inherited and incorporated in believe system may be from older Hindu religions.

silly as some might judge, but Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and the Tao of Pooh held a great significance in my my tweens, even coloring jesus green in sunday school, i do like taking a bit of many religions and forming my own, but the Tao of Pooh really held firm

Lao Tze and his"The way of Dao"is incredible indeed.Not sure is that official religion with cult,monks...etc or philosophy.Shame on me,but does not read Pooh.Astrid Lindgren's Pipi was my favourite,when a child.Works of Gianni Rodari also

Lao Tze and his"The way of Dao"is incredible indeed.Not sure is that official religion with cult,monks...etc or philosophy.Shame on me,but does not read Pooh.Astrid Lindgren's Pipi was my favourite,when a child.Works of Gianni Rodari also
well this is a bit different pooh stories, a good introduction to westerners to more Eastern philosophies of Taoism, and lets yah come to your own conclusions, perhaps read some quotes on Ben Hoffmans pooh(not so much a children's book persay), brought much to many, was a best seller, its been decades, think ill brush up on the Tao of Pooh and To ride a silver Broomstick. i was PIPI!

well this is a bit different pooh stories, a good introduction to westerners to more Eastern philosophies of Taoism, and lets yah come to your own conclusions, perhaps read some quotes on Ben Hoffmans pooh(not so much a children's book persay), brought much to many, was a best seller, its been decades, think ill brush up on the Tao of Pooh and To ride a silver Broomstick. i was PIPI!
Ye Tao of Pooh" was the book

Western astrology is literally my religion. If anyone ever wants a personal astrology birth chart reading, I love doing them so just hit my inbox! 🥰

@mtu mwendawazimu
just wondering if you and K were still together.
we have moved twice under some fucked up circumstances and somehow we managed to stay together. bobo and budah would be a driving cause of my "doing better" so yeah... gods indeed as otherwise whats the point? :p

So I have took part (and continue to do so) in many N.A and A.A meetings.
They say it has nothing to do with religion but it certainly feels like it does!
I'm an Agnostic I guess. I feel there is a higher power I just do not know what.
Anything from God to Simulation Theory lol.
I generally think of my child when they mention higher power as my child is pretty much the only reason I stick around this shitty planet.

What's yours?

I don't have one.

Btw, AA and NA have a lower success rate than doing nothing (people are statistically more likely to recover spontaneously).