View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's your favorite trip playlist?

CatMan

Greenlighter
Normally I would trip to psy trance wit some fractal imagery either on youtube or google images. Sometimes moving ones make me feel better but I like how the still ones move too ;)

The score (number 0-10 and some higher for real treats.) is based on not if it's a good song but if it's good on LSD. The songs with lots of small sounds in the background got 11+. They really made my head spin.

But this time around I went to put on some music and wasn't thinking trap would be good for LSD trip. First song was this adderall song. An it was amazing. The sound effects and everything it was so good! I was listening to this watching "how the universe works". Either on pause or slow motion forward and backwards. Very very very good looking. Specially when drops lines up wit like a quasar going off. Or when this asteroid hit earth causing its crust to explode out making the moon. Ya that was epic. And when they animate two galaxy's run into each other was really cool (the song even was like rap words that kinda went with it like they were fighting. The lyric was something like if you haven't something then step up. Lined up with the fist collision where only some stuff got mixed up. But the gravity pulled them back and they all go into spiral patterns. Then explode into a new galaxy that is not uniform.

Aywy EphRem - Adderall.mp3 11.5 (amazing tripping song so many extra effects I played this one a shitload of times) 11.5

LVX - Get Em Up.mp3 11 (I don't like the rap so much but it wasn't bad. The voices are trippy as hell and there's this sick drum patten in the background. Sounds like hitting trashcan lids I loved it!) 11

Shlump - Bounce.mp3 12 (very trippy. Amazing small sounds.) 12

VESTIGE - Elephant.mp3 11 (so epic feeling. Great for planet smashing especially if it hits during drop. Omg.) 11

Whispa Wizard - The Magi.mp3 11 (very beautiful song.) 11

Benny Benassi - Satisfaction (RL Grime Remix).mp3 10 (would be 11 if it wasn't for the lame horn in the buildups. Fuck I hate that horn. Tho I didn't mind it while tripping for the most part unless I had volume up too high and it was high pitched.) 10

Carnage - Bang.mp3 10 (great song love it) 10

Drake - 0 to 100 (Grandtheft Bootleg Remix).mp3 8. I like the first drop more. But the second one is nice too. Too long of a quiet buildup. 8

Drake - Trophies (ARYAY Trap Remix).mp3 9 (I like the talking in this one and the drop) 9

Jackal - Shakedown (Original Mix).mp3 10 (lovely high pitched sounds. Bass is not engineered well sounds bad on some speakers) 10

MARSHVLL - Space.mp3 10 (see next track) 10

MARSHVLL - The Vibe.mp3 10 (love both of these songs. But they are just good songs not many extra trippy sounds to get the 11 score) 10

RL Grime & What So Not - Tell Me.mp3 10 (cool melody thing. I like it!) 10

Tomsize & Simeon - Slender.mp3 10 (great song) 10

Tove Lo - Stay High ft. Hippie Sabotage (U IK Trap Remix).mp3 8 (only because 1. It sounds too fast / high pitched singing in the intro compared to hippie sabotage version and it's not a full song starts and ends abruptly. Second half of song is great when they lower pitch) 8

AutoLaser - I Need You.mp3 10 (cool sound effects nice song just a little too light to get 11) 10

Cy Kosis - Dragonfly.mp3 11 (amazing song with great small background samples. Very trippy) 11

DJ Lexxmatiq - Superman.mp3 9 ( had to be in mood for this one or else gets skipped) 9

Hansel Thorn - Tiger.mp3 10 (love the melody and bass. Just not a lot of extra sounds going on) 10

Matstubs x DJ Lexxmatiq - Beauty.mp3 11 (bad intro but amazing trippy song) 11

WoodzSTHLM - LIFE (Feat. Chuck Daly).mp3 12 (only because it was beautiful and kept me calm. And when I didn't have music on me I was singing this to keep my head straight. Lovely song) 12

Listening 3 different ways. First started off with speakers and subwoofer. Then I didn't wanna shake house so I went got my normal no bass wrap around neck headphones. Then I remembered my turtle beaches. Although I was messed up and took a bit to get setup it was worth it. The bass was cool.

I liked listening without bass on the normal headphones too. U could hear all these little noises that really got me going. But once I heard them I could hear them more clearly with turtle beaches even with bass up.

Last edited:
Draft 7.30 by Autechre was really great for me recently. Felt like it was setting a new tone for the trip each time a new track started. It also felt surprisingly organic, although I find AL-LAD so mathematical it makes sense that kind of music would feel natural on it.

Music Has the Right to Children by Boards of Canada and also their newer album Tomorrow's Harvest were pretty magical.

Tales of the Inexpressible by Shpongle is a definite in just about every trip I have because it's just that versatile of an album but I was listening to sasha and Digweed northern exposure earlier and.. Damn.

I don't usually make it past tales though because the trip blew up so much during Tales that I just either am too fucked to mess with the music or I'm too gone to care.

These are my favorites that I've heard on various different substances.

Mushrooms:
Any and all Shpongle
Love - The Red Telephone
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (full album)

LSD:
Jantsen - When the Beats Drop (Bassnectar Remix)
Bassnectar - Flash Back
Bassnectar - Noise
Bassnectar - What (are you beginning to see a pattern? :p)
Marina and the Diamonds - Lies (Zeds Dead Remix)
Yo Majesty - Club Action (Smookie Illson Bootleg)
Jack U - Take U There
Skrillex - All is Fair in Love and Brostep
Blackmill - Rain
Synthetic Epiphany - Visiting Hours

DMT/5-MeO-DMT:
Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize
Skrillex - Ease My Mind
Nero - This Way

Nitrous:
Phaeleh - Breathe in Air
Shotgun Radio - A Bad Place (Minnesota Remix)
Enigma Dubz - Hard to Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2mVfpDHr9k (28:00) Best three song combination for nitrous IMO.

MDA:
Feed Me & Gemini - Whiskers
Skrillex - Breathe (Krewella Vocal Edit)
Ellie Goulding - Lights (Bassnectar Remix)
Benny Benassi - Cinema (Skrillex Remix)
Nero - Reaching Out
Nero - Doomsday

DOB:
Ellie Goulding - Hanging On (Sound Remedy Remix)
Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar

Each drug kind of has a different taste to it, so I find a lot of similarities/differences among the songs and drugs themselves. Music is the greatest thing ever. Psychedelics just make me appreciate it that much more.

The amount of electronica love in the psychedelic community always baffles me. Sure, I like some Boards of Canada when I'm on MXE or the like, but when it comes to a mushie trip or LSD trip I can't stand all that techno crap. I want instrumentation, I want analog sound. I also never listen to individual tracks really, as albums are a better representation of an artist and it's wayyyy easier than picking out each and every song as you go.

I usually find myself listening to vinyl the whole time, ranging from obscure weird shit like Pearls Before Swine to more common albums like Piper at the Gates of Dawn, or the live disc from Ummagumma. And of course, I like the occasional Dead album (I seem to be the only one who likes their studio albums more than their live albums, can't stand crowd noise...) and if I'm feeling confused or anxious, I like to pop on anything from the Beatles. Even their boy-band stuff works well for tripping hah.

@Rollinlikeroyce, I see you put the red telephone by Love, why not the rest of the album? That song is def. the highlight, but that whole album is phenomenal.

edit: Perhaps I dislike electronica when tripping because to me electronic music is related to hedonism, and for me LSD and mushrooms shouldn't be approached in that way, rather they should be treated as a spiritual sacrament, and old LSD inspired music seems to vibe with that sentiment. To each his own. I just recall any trips where I was forced into electronic music by a group consensus simply haven't held the same spiritual significance as those where I can hear real instruments and thought provoking lyrics.

I think my favorite individual track for when I'm peaking on a strong trip is this though:

Last edited:
Depending on my level of tripping and my mood, I usually pick among classical / ambient / psybient / psychill / minimal techno / progressive psy / goa-psytrance.

I especially enjoy Dilate - Frozen East while taking bong rips of S. divinorum.

While on metocin once my mind was blown by Shpongle - The God Particle.

The amount of electronica love in the psychedelic community always baffles me. Sure, I like some Boards of Canada when I'm on MXE or the like, but when it comes to a mushie trip or LSD trip I can't stand all that techno crap. I want instrumentation, I want analog sound.

I feel the same way listening to Nicholas Zacharia or Thomas Mapfumo as I do to James Holden or High Contrast, so I'm not sure the analogue/synthetic divide is the most pertinent distinction.

Love your 'delic tune though.

electronic vs instruments, its a matter of subjective taste tbh, i prefer electronic music for tripping because i find the freedom of sound being able to express itself in any form uplifting. i also find electronic music can be just as spiritual as acoustic. i also think the full impact of a good electronic song is lost on people who dont listen to it through a good pair of cans or studio monitors.

this is a playlist by a youtube user called youth, he has awesome chill druggy music taste.

Shpongle is interesting because I can't stand them sober, but on psychs they're awesome.

Boards of Canada does have an analog sound. That's the draw. Maybe you don't mean analog like moogs and such.

I also really dig Kaputt by Destroyer, Songs from the Wood and Heavy Horses by Jethro Tull, Since I Left You by the Avalanches, We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves by John Maus, Yearbook 1 by Studio, and Fahrenheit Fair Enough by Telefon Tel Aviv. A lot of these are electronic, sure, but there's some live instrumentation, too. I think electronic music goes with psychs like bread and butter.

I like your taste Doldrugs.

Thanks, dude! Are you a fellow Autechre fan? BOC is a pretty well liked, if a bit niche, but I've never met another Autechre fan beside my lady friend.

Thanks, dude! Are you a fellow Autechre fan? BOC is a pretty well liked, if a bit niche, but I've never met another Autechre fan beside my lady friend.

I guess you're not from the UK then.

And to think I was going To delete this thread :p thanks for your responces.

Next trip is to this playlist giving to me by someone I know loves lsd and electronic music. (Which is the end all be all music while tripping haha. IEONJM <in everyone's opinion not just mine>) hahaha jk personal preference.

I always liked animal collective. Sts9, lotus are always fun. I always go for pretty lights, griz gramatik for some hip hoppy trippy shit. Tipper is the best tripping music however.

Yeah I'd say I'm an Autechre fan for sure, especially their older stuff, I do find some of their new stuff to be too much abstract noise machines to be able to get into it. Draft hangs right on that border for me where it's pretty out there, but still very musical.

I can't start listing off playlists for tripping here because it would take me all day, but here's some artists I've loved whilst dilated that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Aphex Twin (Selected Ambient works vol. 2, RDJ album, Come to Daddy EP, I care because you do..., many may more)
Tipper (pretty much anything)
Beyonce (self titled album is trippy AF)
MIA (Arular, Kala)
G Jones
Doshy
Mad Zach
various Diplo productions
Special Request
Datsik
Joker
Amon Tobin's newer stuff
Burial
Touareg music from Mali

..gonna come back and edit this to add more later..

Last edited:
Fuck yes to all! This is going to be an intense weekend :) can't wait till tomorroeotowoekwowoowowow

on LSD/shrooms/or/cannabis:
Pink Floyd--Dark Side of the Moon
Tear Garden--The Last Man to Fly
Tear Garden--Tired Eyes Slowly Burning

on amphetamine/methamphetamine/or/MDMA:
Sasha--Mongoose (the video of this one is great and can be found on youtube; very sexy and trippy video)

I generally don't listen to music much at the moment, but when tripping there's 2 pieces of music that do it for me; 'Deloused in the Comatorium' by Mars Volta and 'American Metaphysical Circus' by 'The United States of America'.

Tom

I generally don't listen to music much at the moment, but when tripping there's 2 pieces of music that do it for me; 'Deloused in the Comatorium' by Mars Volta and 'American Metaphysical Circus' by 'The United States of America'.

Tom
That whole USA album is unparalleled, I've got a good copy on vinyl and it was hard to find... I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's my favorite album of all time. The song "Cloud Song" on there just... ohhhhh man, it makes my brain have orgasms.

I feel the same way listening to Nicholas Zacharia or Thomas Mapfumo as I do to James Holden or High Contrast, so I'm not sure the analogue/synthetic divide is the most pertinent distinction.

Love your 'delic tune though.
Unfortunately, I feel the analog/synthetic divide is pertinent. Those last two tunes you linked were utter shite to me. Maybe it's too damned fast. Most of the music I like is a slower tempo, no matter the genre. I'm sure if I was rolling I'd dig the tunes. I just make a differentiation on what I listen to based upon the drug I'm using and how it alters my perceptions. LSD and mushies call for older music to me, most psychs generally do. MXE calls for weird ambient/electronic tunes like Boards of Canada or the works of Isao Tomita, and occasionally a classical symphony. When I drink, I don't mind rap (even though it's the worst genre, as a generalization). I just feel each drug is matched to a few genres and that it's best to stick to them. Change is scary! hahah

Also, I feel that vinyl actually offers an entirely different sound from mp3's and CD's, which is another factor in my music taste. I've compared the two back to back in the past on my sound system, and the vinyl analog sound always always always sounds ten times deeper, more full of character.

Out of curiosity, are any of you tone deaf here? I've noticed that the tone deaf people I know always listen to music I find to be sub par, perhaps there's a science to why people enjoy different sounds.

electronic vs instruments, its a matter of subjective taste tbh, i prefer electronic music for tripping because i find the freedom of sound being able to express itself in any form uplifting. i also find electronic music can be just as spiritual as acoustic. i also think the full impact of a good electronic song is lost on people who dont listen to it through a good pair of cans or studio monitors.
I have a pretty decent surround sound system I generally use which works out great for both electronic and other tunes. I just feel like techno beats never get me there. In fact, beats don't get me there. In my experiences with tripping to techno, because of others' desires, I just can't dig it. I find myself trying to get away to a quieter place to put on some headphones and whatnot. To me I guess there's something different about making music on a computer (Trap; what the fuck is that shit?? Techno rap?) and making it with a more I guess.... intimate method? Idk, like mentioned, apples and oranges. I just don't understand why electronica is SO BIG among you guys. It's like, if I'm driving down the road, I'll bump some Crystal Castles, or tune to the college station and bump some trap, which often sucks that's hit or miss.... but in those moments I'm sober, or at best stoned.

Last edited:
`
Out of curiosity, are any of you tone deaf here? I've noticed that the tone deaf people I know always listen to music I find to be sub par, perhaps there's a science to why people enjoy different sounds.

I don't know what tone deaf is to be honest. I've been told I like harsh, atonal dissonant music? Magma, King Crimson, Robert Fripp At the moment if pressed to give a favourite band I'd have to say Om.

Used to listen to a lot more music when younger.

Tom