• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's Your BMI?

Was this a serious post? How is it not?

Of course. Consider it an amateur scientific study. My Theory is that, as a whole, addicts tend to be notably thinner than their non-addicted counterparts. My aim is to find an answer to this theory. My method is to do a basic questionnaire to find out the mean average BMI of BL users and compare it to the mean average BMI of the general public.
So, you see, in regards to this study a persons health and/or fat/muscle ratio is not relevant to the data in any way.

1252656.jpg

Of course. Consider it an amateur scientific study. My Theory is that, as a whole, addicts tend to be notably thinner than their non-addicted counterparts. My aim is to find an answer to this theory. My method is to do a basic questionnaire to find out the mean average BMI of BL users and compare it to the mean average BMI of the general public.
So, you see, in regards to this study a persons health and/or fat/muscle ratio is not relevant to the data in any way.

You need more information than you're asking for. Correlation does not equal causation. For instance, I was 110lbs as an IV opiate user. After quitting I gained 60lbs putting me at 170lbs. Then I dropped 40lbs in a little over a month and then some more (I'm at 123lbs) without going back on opiates.

You need more information than you're asking for. Correlation does not equal causation. For instance, I was 110lbs as an IV opiate user. After quitting I gained 60lbs putting me at 170lbs. Then I dropped 40lbs in a little over a month and then some more (I'm at 123lbs) without going back on opiates.

You're WAY over-thinking this. I used the scientific study analogy just as an explanation. I'm merely asking this out of curiosity; it's no big deal. Would it help if I said that I had had an eating disorder since I was 9 and therefor obsessed with any correlation or causation that may suggest that a particular action or lack of actual results in the likelihood of an overall additional decrease in weight, no matter how slight? My brain is screwy and hard-wired to think that way to the point of fascination.
I tend to have a small number of things that I am interested in but those things I get obsessive about and hunt down every piece of information and explanation until there is no more to know, and then I learn some more.
No, I am not Autistic, by the way. Personally I feel I have many obvious aspects of something like Asperger's but apparently my parents had the same concern when I was a small child and had me tested back then and they said I was "normal". By which they meant "non-autistic". I am NOT normal. Nor was I ever according to my parents. But aspects of that can be good.
Sorry, I've gonna off on quite the tangent now. I'm having a (BPD-induced) hypomanic episode right now and can't seem to slow or control my thoughts too well.
Sorry for the ramble. Feel quite pressured to keep typing. Swear to God I've had no stimulants at all.

Last edited:
@ChemicallyEnhanced
It's no big deal, I was just explaining why BMI doesnt equate to health as others have posted.

I think I have BPD (not diagnosed as of yet, but I fit the profile) as well I'm pretty sure.

Anyways, you know my BMI now lol. It has dropped significantly due to a hyperactive thyroid and GI issue. But I'm not complaining (much), although it's frustrating I cant back up to at least 130lbs

Mines around 25, which is "overweight", but im not the least bit overweight, I actually have low body fat (around 12%). My BMI is high because I lift heavy weights frequently and as a result have alot of muscle, which makes me weigh alot for my height.

I should note however that heavy opioid use makes me gain weight (fat). I naturally am not interested in food, but opioids make me enjoy it tremendously.

I should note however that heavy opioid use makes me gain weight (fat). I naturally am not interested in food, but opioids make me enjoy it tremendously.

That's really interesting. They generally have the opposite effect. I used to know this girl who told me she always got hungry whenever she shot up heroin.

Mines around 25, which is "overweight", but im not the least bit overweight, I actually have low body fat (around 12%). My BMI is high because I lift heavy weights frequently and as a result have alot of muscle, which makes me weigh alot for my height.

Yeah, I remember you posted on the nudies thread (hey, whatever happened to that thread anyway??). You are definitely not overweight.

a year ago my bmi was 17.99 i finally gave up stim abuse and working on rebuilding my strength and weight. My BMI is now 25.76. During heavy days of use i would be awake for up to 3 days and probably have two meals during that period